LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 279 users in the forums

Tough to Swallow, but One of Many for Years to Come

Shop Find 49ers gear online
What are you talking about? This year was our best chance, we were peaking. Everyone in our division improves and is younger at key positions. We will be lucky to make the playoffs next year.

We lost this game midseason with Harbaugh's qb betrayal, with the Alex haters cheering it on.
you can go ahead and be optimistic. the realist in me says we won't be back for a decade, plus.
you pessimists make me laugh. what makes you think we won't make the playoffs next year? want to put money on that? as long as harbaugh is around we'll be in the hunt
Originally posted by blm7754:
Originally posted by leafs43:
Don't kid yourself....

Teams that lose the super bowl are usually a huge setback and usually dictate the next 5 years of losing.

The only teams to have made the super bowl within 5 years after losing one were the Vikings in the 70s, Bills in the early 90s and the Patriots. And they again didn't win one after that first loss.

Super bowls do not grow on trees. Niners had their chance and it went up in smoke. It's time to accepting reality, even if the game is but only a couple hours over.

That's your first post... really? GTFO

Don't come on here just to spread your bitterness. Go jump on another bandwagon next year.

He stated verifiable facts and you say he's spreading bitterness? Maybe it's you who's bitter.......
Teams that lose a super bowl do not win one again for a very long time.

That is fact by empirical evidence.

Hell, it's rare that when a team loses a super they even make the playoffs the following year. Super bowl hangover is a real thing. Hope you enjoyed the 2 year ride...

I remember when Patriot fans were saying Brady was going to win another 3 rings after they lost to the giants the first time. Super Bowl wins are rare..
[ Edited by leafs43 on Feb 3, 2013 at 9:01 PM ]
Originally posted by Leathaface:
you can go ahead and be optimistic. the realist in me says we won't be back for a decade, plus.

And if we had won? One and done, that's it?

Certain teams continously make a dent in the playoffs...Patriots, Steelers, Giants, Ravens, Packers..

It's because they have top notch organizations and coaches.

That's what we have now...a superb GM in Baalke and a great HC and coaching staff. We're here for the long haul. Don't give up now.

I hope you're not right but the realist in me agrees.....

I hope you're not right but the realist in me agrees.....
<div class="mysql_error">I cannot connect to the database because: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (11)</div><div class="mysql_error">Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (11)</div>
Exactly. If Roman calls a run for Gore on the last drive I guarantee you he rams it in, we win the damn Super Bowl and Gore gets his deserved MVP. We had the better team and just blew it. Some of our stars are on the last legs of their careers and the Seacocks will be a force to be reckoned with. Not gonna be easy to swallow this loss...
well, now the seahawks, arizona, st. louis, and us have all lost close superbowls in the past 12 years.

The NFL is way too volatile. Part of me thinks that this was our shot -- that our window of opportunity is over. I could easily see Seattle overtaking us as king of the division next year. I mean, frankly, the defense this year was not as intimidating as it was last year. What will next year hold for it? Plus, some of our premier players are old and aging -- Gore (hitting the dreaded 30 next year), Justin Smith, etc...

Now, we do have a lot of great young talented -- especially Kaep. But I think this is more likely the closing of a window of opportunity than it is the start of something resembling a dynasty.

You must have been one of the same people saying last year that last year was our only chance to make it back to the SB because we wouldn't be able to do it the following season. But that's ok keep up the negative talk so that your hopes are never let down.
The future looks good for us to win consistently. However winning a Superbowl takes a lot more than consistency.
Alex Smith will live in 49er lore forever with the Saints game last year.

Kaep would be remember as the first SB loser in 49er history.

Ironic, isn't it?

That is what you call.

KARMA!
  • Shemp
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:
Young yes but how long can bowman and Willis play at this elite level before their bodies take a decline? Even worse is Justin smith and gore career is near its end, and Seahawks will be a force to deal with. This one really hurt, cause I feel we were the better team and caught all the wrong breaks or no calls this game, I think we beat this team 9 times outta 10 and this was the one to tonight

agree with everything you said. It will get harder and harder after this year. I will go to my grave thinking the refs lost us this game though.
Share 49ersWebzone