There are 545 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Tough to Swallow, but One of Many for Years to Come

Look at the Super Bowl losers of the modern era. None come back to win a Super Bowl. Lets face it, that was our shot. We need to rebuild, and overhaul to make it backs. This team is gonna be beat up next year.
Originally posted by sfninerfanMax:
the offense is now the strength of this team and should only get better. The defense can again become a powerful unit with a good draft. The future is bright.

The offense needs more targets for Kaepernick, VD and Crabtree just doesn't get it done, Flacco was throwing the ball to like 6 or 7 different receivers today.
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:
Young yes but how long can bowman and Willis play at this elite level before their bodies take a decline? Even worse is Justin smith and gore career is near its end, and Seahawks will be a force to deal with. This one really hurt, cause I feel we were the better team and caught all the wrong breaks or no calls this game, I think we beat this team 9 times outta 10 and this was the one to tonight

Not worried about our LB core. Willis is in his prime. Bowman, Aldon, and Brooks are younger than Willis.

The fact is, our defense was not that good this year. Above average yes, but not elite. We got to the super-bowl because of our offense. Our DL needs a major overhaul. They are undersized and old. Our CBs are not very physical and are prone to mistakes. Our safeties are below average in coverage.

I think we will be in the playoffs consistently for the next several years.
That was our best chance for a superbowl the next few years. Usually teams that lose the superbowl just don't make it back sadly for a few years.
That was our best chance for a superbowl the next few years. Usually teams that lose the superbowl just don't make it back sadly for a few years.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by aTx49er:
This. We've been here 6 times and this is our first lost. I guarantee you that our last five teams that were here wouldn't be smiling and looking forward to next year.

Nothing to smile or be happy about, this team blew it bigtime. 1st down and goal on the 7, down by 5 and you can't punch it in? Give me a f**king break.

You put a championship caliber team in that situation and they come get in the endzone. Some way some how. That Ravens defense is not that good. They once were dominant but now they are old. But they were prepared for this offense and it was very obvious throughout the game. I still had confidence that we would punch it into the endzone at the end and the offense didn't execute. Period. Too many plays left on the field. That can't happen in the superbowl.
Originally posted by philosoraptor:
Look at the Super Bowl losers of the modern era. None come back to win a Super Bowl. Lets face it, that was our shot. We need to rebuild, and overhaul to make it backs. This team is gonna be beat up next year.

That is nuts. I doubt next year we win the super-bowl. But this team does not need an overhaul. It needs a refresh. We have a boatload of draft picks. No reason why we can't draft a stud DL, CB, and WR and be back in the big game... perhaps for the 2014-15 season.
Don't kid yourself....

Teams that lose the super bowl are usually a huge setback and usually dictate the next 5 years of losing.

The only teams to have made the super bowl within 5 years after losing one were the Vikings in the 70s, Bills in the early 90s and the Patriots. And they again didn't win one after that first loss.

Super bowls do not grow on trees. Niners had their chance and it went up in smoke. It's time to accepting reality, even if the game is but only a couple hours over.
Originally posted by philosoraptor:

That is nuts. I doubt next year we win the super-bowl. But this team does not need an overhaul. It needs a refresh. We have a boatload of draft picks. No reason why we can't draft a stud DL, CB, and WR and be back in the big game... perhaps for the 2014-15 season.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by aTx49er:
This. We've been here 6 times and this is our first lost. I guarantee you that our last five teams that were here wouldn't be smiling and looking forward to next year.

Nothing to smile or be happy about, this team blew it bigtime. 1st down and goal on the 7, down by 5 and you can't punch it in? Give me a f**king break.

You put a championship caliber team in that situation and they come get in the endzone. Some way some how. That Ravens defense is not that good. They once were dominant but now they are old. But they were prepared for this offense and it was very obvious throughout the game. I still had confidence that we would punch it into the endzone at the end and the offense didn't execute. Period. Too many plays left on the field. That can't happen in the superbowl.
Don't kid yourself....

Teams that lose the super bowl are usually a huge setback and usually dictate the next 5 years of losing.

The only teams to have made the super bowl within 5 years after losing one were the Vikings in the 70s, Bills in the early 90s and the Patriots. And they again didn't win one after that first loss.

Super bowls do not grow on trees. Niners had their chance and it went up in smoke. It's time to accepting reality, even if the game is but only a couple hours over.
Seahawks gonna be tough, hope we even make it to the playoffs next year
Originally posted by leafs43:
Don't kid yourself....

That's your first post... really? GTFO

Don't come on here just to spread your bitterness. Go jump on another bandwagon next year.
You know how hard it's going to be to get a first-round bye again, three consecutive NFCCG appearances and back-to-back SB appearances? Especially with our conference and division being tougher next year?
Originally posted by Tommyboy:

Originally posted by leafs43:
Don't kid yourself....

Oh great logic. Let's just GIVE UP now. So you boys will no longer watch 49er football since we're doomed to another 20 years of suckage?

You'll feel better after the draft, when summer & training camp arrive, when the pre-season beckons.

Coach Harbs HATES to lose. He'll do everything that he can to make this team better. We're going to infuse the team with great talent through the draft and FA. CK still has a high ceiling and that is a scary though when you look at his last 11 starts.

We're going to be hoisting up a few more Lombardi's before Harbs and CK are done with their NFL game.