LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 219 users in the forums

Tough to Swallow, but One of Many for Years to Come

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Yes, it hurts.
Yes, I feel suicidal.
Yes, new emotions in our first SB loss.

The truth ? Jimmy got outplayed by big brother John today, even with a lesser team. The difference is that the Ravens are truly an aging team, and without Reed and Lewis next year I expect them to crumble.

The Niners are YOUNG. This was a learning experience for Kaep. This will be his team to lead next year, and if we can put together a solid secondary and get back some our offensive weapons next year, we will be unstoppable. Imagine if Kendall and Mario were on the field today. Would have been a different result.

So lets cry tonight, but next season I expect Jim to have this team on a MISSION.
Member Milestone: This is post number 600 for HudsonValley.
Yes, it hurts.
Yes, I feel suicidal.

The truth ? Jimmy got outplayed by big brother John today, even with a lesser team. The difference is that the Ravens are truly an aging team, and without Reed and Lewis next year I expect them to crumble.

The Niners are YOUNG. This was a learning experience for Kaep. This will be his team to lead next year, and if we can put together a solid secondary and get back some our offensive weapons next year, we will be unstoppable. Imagine if Kendall and Mario were on the field today. Would have been a different result.

So lets cry tonight, but next season I expect Jim to have this team on a MISSION.
I hate to blame the refs, but what the hell was up with then allowing the hold on Crabtree? What a joke.
What a joke of a post......... Again.
Double post.
[ Edited by aTx49er on Feb 3, 2013 at 8:05 PM ]
Triple post.
[ Edited by aTx49er on Feb 3, 2013 at 8:04 PM ]
Originally posted by 49erRider:
I hate to blame the refs, but what the hell was up with then allowing the hold on Crabtree? What a joke.

Nah, no one to blame but ourselves. Giving Flacco a wide open guy at the end of the half for a TD. Then allowing Jones to run wild to open in the opening of the 2nd half. We put ourselves in a hole, and the offense had to play lights out for the 2nd game in a row to keep us in it.

Secondary is weak. Dont trust Cully or Brown. Need a good corner to compliment Rogers.
Can't expect many of these opportunities in the years to come, this one hurts and I don't expect the team to rebound. They were not ready for prime time.
Doubtful
Originally posted by HudsonValley:
Yes, it hurts.
Yes, I feel suicidal.

f**k the Ravens, they got theirs, you think they care? 49ers aren't going up against the Ravens in the future, their own division is going to be war and there's no guarantee they make it back to this point anytime soon. To get so close, and to just let it slip away......that sucks.

I don't buy this thinking at all. If you get there, you get there. You're promised nothing in life and especially in sports. So forgive me if I'm not one of those guys smiling and looking forward to tomorrow.
Originally posted by HudsonValley:
Yes, it hurts.
Yes, I feel suicidal.

Yes. It hurts. No Alex Smith moment for Kaep. 4 shots at the endzone. He could not overcome stupid play calling.
Seahawks will be a big problem for us
maybe next year we will bench Kaep and put in Tolzien.
Young yes but how long can bowman and Willis play at this elite level before their bodies take a decline? Even worse is Justin smith and gore career is near its end, and Seahawks will be a force to deal with. This one really hurt, cause I feel we were the better team and caught all the wrong breaks or no calls this game, I think we beat this team 9 times outta 10 and this was the one to tonight
Share 49ersWebzone