There are 168 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Analysts' Reasons For Picking Ravens

Originally posted by TlSSER:


END THREAD.

I'm not saying most are picking the Ravens, I'm saying the reasoning given by those who are picking them are ridiculous and hold no weight whatsoever. So no, your little image doesn't end the thread.
Team of Destiny? No but the reasons for a Ravens victory is simple. Heathly for the first time all season the D and O line is playing like champions, the D holding Brady to 13 pts in their house! Stopping a hot Colts team and follow that with wins at denver and NE! Flacco playing on fire with tons of post season exp. Your QB is good (so Far) but has 10 games under his belt. Quite frankly everytime he takes off the odds of him having a long NFL life gets smaller. Just ask guys like RG3 if he would run against the Ravens again. I have nothing against the 49ers I like them , but the Ravens are on a run and I feel they are not going to stop. So 31-20 Ravens is my pick....TheTruth
56-14 Niners. Ravens are b**ches and Ray will cry like one tomorrow. Flacco will fall back to the 46.0 QBR tomorrow and Kaep will run wild on these old s**ts, and the Smith brothers will show why this is the best Defense in the NFL. That's not taking into account that NFC is far better than the AFC and will make it 4 straight Super Bowls tomorrow.
Originally posted by RabidNiner:
56-14 Niners. Ravens are b**ches and Ray will cry like one tomorrow. Flacco will fall back to the 46.0 QBR tomorrow and Kaep will run wild on these old s**ts, and the Smith brothers will show why this is the best Defense in the NFL. That's not taking into account that NFC is far better than the AFC and will make it 4 straight Super Bowls tomorrow.


Compare the age of our defensive players to yours.
Originally posted by TheTruth2013:
Team of Destiny? No but the reasons for a Ravens victory is simple. Heathly for the first time all season the D and O line is playing like champions, the D holding Brady to 13 pts in their house! Stopping a hot Colts team and follow that with wins at denver and NE! Flacco playing on fire with tons of post season exp. Your QB is good (so Far) but has 10 games under his belt. Quite frankly everytime he takes off the odds of him having a long NFL life gets smaller. Just ask guys like RG3 if he would run against the Ravens again. I have nothing against the 49ers I like them , but the Ravens are on a run and I feel they are not going to stop. So 31-20 Ravens is my pick....TheTruth

ohhh so we are not in a run as well even tho we are in the super bowl???, crushed green bay, shut down falcons in the second half and came up with a win? oh and CK is a smarter qb then rg3...do us a favor and SIT DOWN.
and I HATE the ravens, i live in MD and now all these people switching from redskins to ravens hahaha.. "oh its home team" shut up... i went to the thanksgiving 49ers vs ravens last season. worst fans ever! disrespecting my gf, throwing pennies at us, trying to fight me in the restroom and much more.... i CAN NOT wait to see every single ravens fan cry once they lose.. ima drive thru Baltimore with 49ers flags all over my car. RIP to me?
Originally posted by dscola:
Originally posted by RabidNiner:
56-14 Niners. Ravens are b**ches and Ray will cry like one tomorrow. Flacco will fall back to the 46.0 QBR tomorrow and Kaep will run wild on these old s**ts, and the Smith brothers will show why this is the best Defense in the NFL. That's not taking into account that NFC is far better than the AFC and will make it 4 straight Super Bowls tomorrow.


Compare the age of our defensive players to yours.

I've seen the age comparisons and we are younger. You'll also be minus Lewis' due to retirement and Reed due to your second rate QB's upcoming contract. Better hope you guys can shock the world because you're team is falling into obscurity after this game.
Originally posted by hugostyles49:
ohhh so we are not in a run as well even tho we are in the super bowl???, crushed green bay, shut down falcons in the second half and came up with a win? oh and CK is a smarter qb then rg3...do us a favor and SIT DOWN.


Originally posted by RabidNiner:
I've seen the age comparisons and we are younger. You'll also be minus Lewis' due to retirement and Reed due to your second rate QB's upcoming contract. Better hope you guys can shock the world because you're team is falling into obscurity after this game.


My point is that everyone runs with the same tired line of the Ravens being old when in actuality, theonly old players we have are Ray an Ed
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 12,973
Kevin M. ‏@beerdaddyblog

Rick Reilly just predicted Ravens over 49ers 35-34 in overtime. How is that score even possible in overtime? @PaulPabst
Forgot what I was gonna say. LoL
[ Edited by mdonch3 on Feb 2, 2013 at 6:03 PM ]
Originally posted by dscola:
I feel differently than you guys. I feel like the analysts think we (Ravens) don't have any business in the game. As if we're the 89 Broncos against the Super 9ers.

Both teams were 1 special team blunder away from going to back to back Superbowls. The analysts are just lazy and refuse to dig deep into the game and give equal time to both teams.

For example:

Ray Rice in the screen game. He is a mismatch vs any team and will have to be accounted for.
Justin and Aldon Smith vs our revamped left side. Our RG, Osemele is huge and is nasty. This should be a key. How about Leach destroying your linebackers last year on iso blocks.
Just a few things that could be key but analysts think we're here because every team we played had bad games.

This game is going to be amazing and no matter who wins I'm gooing to be proud of my team.

Whoever thinks the Ravens have no business in this game is fooling themselves, Ravens are the best of the AFC and will give the Niners a run for their money. I think this is going to be a very close game with the Niners coming out on top due to their superior talent and technical schemes. But the Ravens don't belong? Yeah, they really do and I look forward to this matchup.
Originally posted by KowboyKiller:
Whoever thinks the Ravens have no business in this game is fooling themselves, Ravens are the best of the AFC and will give the Niners a run for their money. I think this is going to be a very close game with the Niners coming out on top due to their superior talent and technical schemes. But the Ravens don't belong? Yeah, they really do and I look forward to this matchup.


I concur. This game could go either way. Blow out or close game for either team.
Our Niners will have to play at the very top/peak of their game to win. They have to let it all out, we and they know, there is no tomorrow. I say this because I think the people who are picking them are picking them because of the emotion they will play with, dare I say, for the frickin Preacher Man, etc..I think they think, the emotion they think, they will bring to game will enable them to play out of their minds for the full 60minutes. I think this could be true, it's very important I think for the Niners to put up quick points and as most of us have said, use team speed, team speed to wear them older backer down, and fast.

This "game" has me on edge. If the Niners don't play well in the 1st quarter it's still impossible to say they won't play super later; this team has been very schizophrenic this season; especially with the W-W-L BS. They need to emulate the Packer game.. If they play schizophrenic, they could lose, and look bad doing it, crap..What the hell am I saying..Still too many hours till game time, the worry and care I feel is drivin me to drink!

All they need to to do, "all", ya right; all they need to do, is come out and establish they are coming after the dirt birds offensively and defensibly with great intensity. The Smith bros and Brooks MUST get early hits on Flaccey..then..all will be well with out Niner world IMO.......

GO NINERS!!!!!
Originally posted by almondJoy:
Originally posted by TlSSER:


END THREAD.

Thanks Tisser, I was looking for that chart and couldn't find it.

you're welcome bud!
Originally posted by Jcool:
Kevin M. ‏@beerdaddyblog

Rick Reilly just predicted Ravens over 49ers 35-34 in overtime. How is that score even possible in overtime? @PaulPabst

Loool. That is hilarious.