LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 234 users in the forums

All-Pro Team

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I searched and kept getting an error so I'm sorry if this has been posted already.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000125147/article/allpro-team-headlined-by-adrian-peterson-jj-watt

NINE 49er All-Pro's, Ten if you could Justin Smith once again making it as a DE and DT. How amazing is that? All 4 of our LBs make it with Willis/Bowman as 1st teamers and Aldon/Brooks 2nd team. The only thing I was disappointed to see was Gore not making it. Also Joe Staley made it and that's a huge indication to me that a lot of people on here that bash him are simply wrong. Here's the list

Joe Staley-2nd team
Mike Iupati-1st team
Justin Smith-twice DT/DE both 2nd team
Patrick Willis-1st team
Navarro Bowman-1st team
Aldon Smith-2nd team
Ahmad Brooks-2nd team
Dashon Goldson-1st team
Andy Lee-1st team

Six 1st team, three 2nd team (four if you count J.Smith twice)
Willis and Bowman both 1st team for the second year in a row. Best 2 linebackers in the league and they're on the same team.

Also pleasantly surprised to see Ahmad get some recognition. He was very good this year.
That's a lot of players named All-Pro from one team. No doubt about that.
Just need to cap it off with a ring!
It always annoys me when announcers try and talk up a player, but they short them on the list of accolades. Like last week when Troy Aikman was trying to talk about how good Ahmad Brooks was by saying "hes the only 49ers LB that was not named all-pro, but you could make a case for him." He WAS all-pro on the 2nd team.

Little crap like that bugs me, because then tons of people hear Aikman being a moron, and assume Brooks wasnt an all-pro.

I know its kind of trivial, but if you arent going to get it right on the air, dont bother saying anything.
Won't mean a think if we don't get that ring!
It was posted before but it's good, doe.

Team is super talented but next week is a different animal. We need our guys (esp. our all pro guys) to step up
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BadgerHawk:
Won't mean a think if we don't get that ring!

Of course it will.
I think just a few years ago Andy Lee was our only All-Pro. Lol.
Originally posted by matt49er:
I searched and kept getting an error so I'm sorry if this has been posted already.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000125147/article/allpro-team-headlined-by-adrian-peterson-jj-watt

NINE 49er All-Pro's, Ten if you could Justin Smith once again making it as a DE and DT. How amazing is that? All 4 of our LBs make it with Willis/Bowman as 1st teamers and Aldon/Brooks 2nd team. The only thing I was disappointed to see was Gore not making it. Also Joe Staley made it and that's a huge indication to me that a lot of people on here that bash him are simply wrong. Here's the list

Joe Staley-2nd team
Mike Iupati-1st team
Justin Smith-twice DT/DE both 2nd team
Patrick Willis-1st team
Navarro Bowman-1st team
Aldon Smith-2nd team
Ahmad Brooks-2nd team
Dashon Goldson-1st team
Andy Lee-1st team

Six 1st team, three 2nd team (four if you count J.Smith twice)

That list had Aldon on the 1st team.
Good for Brooks, the guy has come a long way.

Team is stacked. Gonna win the SB.
Originally posted by LieutKaffee:
Team is stacked. Gonna win the SB.

i hope so, bro. I hope so.
  • Nuns
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Niners99:
It always annoys me when announcers try and talk up a player, but they short them on the list of accolades. Like last week when Troy Aikman was trying to talk about how good Ahmad Brooks was by saying "hes the only 49ers LB that was not named all-pro, but you could make a case for him." He WAS all-pro on the 2nd team.

Little crap like that bugs me, because then tons of people hear Aikman being a moron, and assume Brooks wasnt an all-pro.

I know its kind of trivial, but if you arent going to get it right on the air, dont bother saying anything.

Making the pro-bowl and being "all pro" are not one and the same. The pro bowl is comprised of the best players from each conference and is voted on by fans/players etc. The All pro team is the best player at each position regardless of conference. Brooks made the pro bowl, but wasn't all pro.
[ Edited by Nuns on Jan 27, 2013 at 2:11 PM ]
How many years is it going to take before a 49ers QB makes the all pro team?
Originally posted by BayArea:
How many years is it going to take before a 49ers QB makes the all pro team?

2014 when tolzien starts
[ Edited by stunder49 on Jan 27, 2013 at 2:31 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone