There are 52 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

The Dark Years All-Crap Team

Originally posted by merm49:
Great idea.

QB: Alex Smith
RB: Kevan Barlow and Mo Hicks
FB: That white dude with the dreads
WR: Derrick Hamilton, Rashuan Woods, Brandon Williams, Jackson from SEA, Ashley Lelie
TE: Aaron Walker and Billy Bajema
OL: Kwame Harris, Jonas Jennings,


DL: Brandon Whiting, Jon Engleberger, Ronald Fields, Kentwan Balmer
MLB: Derek Smith,
OLB: Tully Banta-Cain, Saleem Rasheed
CB: Mike Rumph, Willlie Middlebrooks
S: Mark Roman, Ronnie Heard

P: Bill LaFleur
K:Owen Pochman

fixed
Wanna add Taylor Mays to the list
Originally posted by BobS:
Some of you are using players I can't even remember, I think to qualify a person needed to have started a minimum of 3 games. Still can't believe no one other than me mentioned OT Anthony Clement, I looked him up, he did have 6 starts in 2005. He stood out to me as I had NFL package till last year and watched all the games in our recent 8 years of not making the play-offs streak. I kept swearing I would quit watching games, but I still watched them all from start to finish hoping to see some sign of improvement. Almost every time there was a sack or QB hit or hurry it was the guy Clement was supposed to block, I almost think he was taking out life insurance policies on our quarterbacks. If he wasn't completely whiffing on blocks he was getting pushed backwards into the pocket. Dude weighed 320 pounds but got pushed around like a 98 pound weakling. He was Jennings back-up. I would not put Jennings on the list as he played pretty well when he was in there, but he was hurt most of the time.

I gotta disagree. If they never played that's a definition of failure.
Originally posted by Niners99:
Theres been 5 different eras of 49er football since 1979.

The Walsh Era - 1979-1988
The Seifert Era - 1989-1996
The Mariucci Era - 1997-2002
The Dark Days Era - 2003-2010
The Harbaugh Era - 2011-

If im picking an all-dark days era team im going to eliminate anyone that is still on the team. Itll be the best of the rest.

QB- Shaun Hill
RB- Kevan Barlow
FB- Fred Beasley
WR- Brandon Lloyd
WR- Antonio Bryant
TE- Eric Johnson
T- Kwame Harris
G- Justin Smiley
C- Eric Heitmann
G- Kyle Kosier
T- Tony Wragge

DE- Andre Carter
DT- Aubrayo Franklin
DE- Marques Douglas
OLB- Jeff Ulbrich
MLB- Derek Smith
OLB- Jamie Winborn
CB- Ahmed Plummer
CB- Mike Rumph
SS- Tony Parrish
FS- Mark Roman

K- Joe Nedney
P- Bill LaFleur

Julian Peterson should be on this list. He was a very good OLB and our best player at the time.
Originally posted by dngt49:
What was the name of that one middle linebacker? He was a bright spot on this team for a bit. His last name was Moore. Blanking out on his first name though.

Brandon Moore? I liked that kid. I wonder where he's at now.
Originally posted by SofaKing:
QB: Cody Pickett
RB: Kevan Barlow
FB: Chris Hetherington
WR: Rashaun Woods
WR: Bryan Gilmore
TE: Steve Bush
LT: Patrick Estes
LG: Cody Wallace
C: Brock Guitierrez
RG: Chilo Rachal
RT: Kwame Harris

DE: Andrew Williams
DT: Kentwan Balmer
DT: Ronald Fields
DE: Roderick Green
LB: Saleem Rasheed
LB: Richard Zeigler
LB: Hannibal Navies
CB: Willie Middlebrooks
CB: Sammy Davis
FS: Mike Adams
SS: Ben Emanuel

This pretty much nails it, but swap Taylor Jacobs or Marcus Maxwell for Bryan Gilmore.
Member Milestone: This is post number 2,000 for 49erha.
Originally posted by 49er-from-Yavin-IV:
Originally posted by shawny:
Why all the hate for Derek Smith?

I don't hate him, he tried really hard and was reliable for what he was, but he just wasn't all that good, and should never have been judged an adequate player for the 49ers. Maybe for the Redskins he was good enough, but not for the 49ers.

Maybe you don't remember but he was very consistent 01-04 then injuries and age got to him. Not a great player but IMO one of the better niner players of that era
Originally posted by chimp914:
Originally posted by dngt49:
What was the name of that one middle linebacker? He was a bright spot on this team for a bit. His last name was Moore. Blanking out on his first name though.

Brandon Moore? I liked that kid. I wonder where he's at now.

He was with the chargers in 2010
Originally posted by YouGotGored:
Originally posted by Niners99:
Theres been 5 different eras of 49er football since 1979.

The Walsh Era - 1979-1988
The Seifert Era - 1989-1996
The Mariucci Era - 1997-2002
The Dark Days Era - 2003-2010
The Harbaugh Era - 2011-

If im picking an all-dark days era team im going to eliminate anyone that is still on the team. Itll be the best of the rest.

QB- Shaun Hill
RB- Kevan Barlow
FB- Fred Beasley
WR- Brandon Lloyd
WR- Antonio Bryant
TE- Eric Johnson
T- Kwame Harris
G- Justin Smiley
C- Eric Heitmann
G- Kyle Kosier
T- Tony Wragge

DE- Andre Carter
DT- Aubrayo Franklin
DE- Marques Douglas
OLB- Jeff Ulbrich
MLB- Derek Smith
OLB- Jamie Winborn
CB- Ahmed Plummer
CB- Mike Rumph
SS- Tony Parrish
FS- Mark Roman

K- Joe Nedney
P- Bill LaFleur

Julian Peterson should be on this list. He was a very good OLB and our best player at the time.

I had him on there, but decided he was more of a Mariucci era guy. He played for the 49ers from 2000-2005, so he played half his career for Mooch.

I definitely didnt forget him though. My original username was Niners98 because of him back in 2003 when i joined. I took a while off from posting for a year, and my account disappeared. When i came back, i used "99" because i thought Manny Lawson was going to be awesome. Luckily Aldon Smith has revived that number.
  • Ether
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 1,490
Killa Keith Lewis should be an honorable mention somewhere. Great STer and played halfway decent when he started those last few games in 07-08 or whatever
[ Edited by Ether on Jan 28, 2013 at 2:28 AM ]
Can't look back only forward …. to the the Super Bowl -- Champions!!!!
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
Originally posted by tulliman:
Zak Keasey. I remember once due to injury Zak actually started at RB for us. I was not thrilled.

I don't remember this...

I looked and can't find too much detail on this guy, but I did find that, according to the NFL, he started 3 games in 2008.

http://www.nfl.com/player/zakkeasey/2506323/profile

I can say that I do remember him starting at least 1 game for us, and I was gagging. We didn't run much then.
not sure if anyone named jamie winborn. He had one game where he had like 14 tackles...

this is an awesome thread. R.W. McQuarters should be on there somewhere along w/ Mike Rumph.

QB Tim Rattay, Jim Drunkenmiller....
RB Kevan Barlow, Lawrence Phillips
FB Fred Beasley
WR Rashaun Woods, Ashley Lelie, Brandon Lloyd
TE. Greg Clark, Eric (married Jessica Simpson
T KWame Harris
G Chilo Rachal
C Jeremy Newberry (he was good, but he gets the boot for being there w/ Erickson)

DE Andre Carter
DT Kentwan Balmer - That one still hurts
LB Manny Lawson
CB Mike Rumph
FS (the dude from Hofstra who had like 9 interceptions one year and made the probowl)
SS Taylor Mays

K Jose Cortez
P

Coach: Mike Nolan was definately the Worst
Originally posted by simplyfloyd:
not sure if anyone named jamie winborn. He had one game where he had like 14 tackles...

this is an awesome thread. R.W. McQuarters should be on there somewhere along w/ Mike Rumph.

QB Tim Rattay, Jim Drunkenmiller....
RB Kevan Barlow, Lawrence Phillips
FB Fred Beasley
WR Rashaun Woods, Ashley Lelie, Brandon Lloyd
TE. Greg Clark, Eric (married Jessica Simpson
T KWame Harris
G Chilo Rachal
C Jeremy Newberry (he was good, but he gets the boot for being there w/ Erickson)

DE Andre Carter
DT Kentwan Balmer - That one still hurts
LB Manny Lawson
CB Mike Rumph
FS (the dude from Hofstra who had like 9 interceptions one year and made the probowl)
SS Taylor Mays

K Jose Cortez
P

Coach: Mike Nolan was definately the Worst

F*CK Jose Cortez! I'm still bitter about that!
  • Envy
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 2,382
No Bly or Roman?
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home