LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 235 users in the forums

NFC Championship Game: Thoughts after rewatching the game...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I'm using this excellent thread after rewatching not just this game but every Kaep start. It seems to me that he's passed every test so far but that of persistent exotic blitzing. I really can't remember him being under such pressure as to have to make a quick outlet pass, or throw a screen (do we EVER throw screens?), other than that Crabtree pass in the NE game. Then I remember what Baltimore did to Alex last year in the regular season game. So I start to worry (I'm a worrier). From what you chaps have seen (Marvin most of all since it's his thread), how do you think he would handle this kind of challenge?

Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by JBrack:
Originally posted by AmpLee:
Blasphemous to you, mere words to other people.

Perhaps you should read a dictionary and you would understand the meaning of the word. You can lie to yourself all you want, but the definition is absolute!

Stop now. This is not the place for this. And by the way, the definition is only absolute from one perception. Discuss such matters in the Lot.

I agree but some sort of respect and decency should be shown.
[ Edited by JBrack on Jan 22, 2013 at 2:42 PM ]
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Julio Jones is easily a top 5 wr in the league dude is big, fast, strong and runs good routes.

Perhaps you should read a dictionary and you would understand the meaning of the word. You can lie to yourself all you want, but the definition is absolute!

Stop now. This is not the place for this. And by the way, the definition is only absolute from one perception. Discuss such matters in the Lot.

Well, you haven't been showing it which is why you just picked up a warning. If you continue to pursue this religious argument in a football thread, you will not be allowed to continue posting.
I think kaep will actually fend for himself well against the blitzes you speak of. His biggest talent is not his arms or legs its his football smarts, i think if he starts getting more blitzes then usual he will alter the plays slightly to include a quick outlet perhaps a rb out of the backfield to get the ball out quicker. Since he hasnt been persistantly blitzed it will be interesting to see how he handles those plays. I think hell be fine because everytime a d has tried to alter there play to get him or contain him he seems to have a few tricks up his sleeve to put the defenses back on there heels.
Originally posted by paulk205:
I'm using this excellent thread after rewatching not just this game but every Kaep start. It seems to me that he's passed every test so far but that of persistent exotic blitzing. I really can't remember him being under such pressure as to have to make a quick outlet pass, or throw a screen (do we EVER throw screens?), other than that Crabtree pass in the NE game. Then I remember what Baltimore did to Alex last year in the regular season game. So I start to worry (I'm a worrier). From what you chaps have seen (Marvin most of all since it's his thread), how do you think he would handle this kind of challenge?

i have the same worry, granted it's not alex smith and chilo has been replaced but, they sacked alex 9 times and the game was dictated by that, i just hope they take a deep look at the last game they played the ravens as well
would take calvin johnson

dude made shaun hill and kitna look like a pro bowlers
Originally posted by pahlerbj:
Originally posted by verb1der:
Nice write up as usual Marvin!

Pot? Kettle.
Originally posted by paulk205:

Blitzing is a bad idea vs Kaep.

Teams are terrified that if they blitz he'll escape and gash them with his legs. Moreover teams pass rush is greatly slowed because they are trying to corral him so he can't break loose.

Originally posted by Marvin49:
Blitzing is a bad idea vs Kaep.

Teams are terrified that if they blitz he'll escape and gash them with his legs. Moreover teams pass rush is greatly slowed because they are trying to corral him so he can't break loose.

Not to mention if we come out with harbaughs pistol offense 2 te 2 wr 1 rb 5 oline n kaep the max they can risk sending is six which still favors us due to vernons speed crabtrees footwork in 1-1 matchups. I mean they could get really daring and send 7 but its only gunna burn them to leave someone open.
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
Is this game replaying tonight at 5 on NFLN? It says NFL Playoff - Teams to be announced.. on my guide.
Originally posted by Muggins:
Is this game replaying tonight at 5 on NFLN? It says NFL Playoff - Teams to be announced.. on my guide.

Its the 49ers vs the Failcons
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
Originally posted by valrod33:

Nice. Thx.
Originally posted by valrod33:

Nice. Thx.

yesterday it had our game as the Replay game..(have directTv)
Share 49ersWebzone