There are 82 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

NFC Championship Game: Thoughts after rewatching the game...

Originally posted by JBrack:
Originally posted by AmpLee:
Blasphemous to you, mere words to other people.

Perhaps you should read a dictionary and you would understand the meaning of the word. You can lie to yourself all you want, but the definition is absolute!

Eeeerrrrrrrrr......

Methinks you take this thing a bit too seriously....

Perhaps you should read a dictionary and you would understand the meaning of the word. You can lie to yourself all you want, but the definition is absolute!

Stop now. This is not the place for this. And by the way, the definition is only absolute from one perception. Discuss such matters in the Lot.
Originally posted by NinerBuff:
Originally posted by Garcia:
I just named 5 that are better right now! I can even name more..

Calling a guy with 133 career recptions a top 5 wr is laughable at best....

I didn't say he's top 5.
but the guys in bold are all on the downside of their careers.

he had a breakout year this year and will only get better. Dude is a prototypical WR.

I agree, but everyone but you is calling him a top 5 WR. i just chuckle at the enormous homerism of some people.

I think you're crazy if you don't think Julio Jones and AJ Green are in the top 5 WR in the game. Both guys are big, fast, great hands, balance, and are young (i.e. long careers). At this point, the only WRs i'd take above them are:

Calvin Johnson and Andre Johnson.

My top 5 are:

Calvin Johnson
Andre Johnson
AJ Green
Larry Fitzgerald
Julio Jones

Not sure how you can say a guy is better then a Wes Welker after one good year. The potential is there no doubt. But at this point they do not warrant that type of lable imo. The sample size is just to small. Id take Dez Bryant over JJ and Green personally.

You are arguing about nothing.

There is no right or wrong answer here. Everyones definition of "top 5" is different. Yours is whose #s are the top 5. Mine might be "who would be the top 5 I'd take on my team right now". They all play in different offenses so 1 to 1 comparisons are pointless.

You can say that Jones goes against #2 DBs all you want and I can counter that most of Welkers receptions are quick screens.

There is no right answer.

In that spirit, if I'm building a team right now, there is no way in hell I'm taking Cruz or Welker ahead of Julio Jones.
  • AmpLee
  • Hall of Fame
My bad Marvin. Moving on...

Excuse me? Read a dictionary? Lie to myself? Get off your horse. Not everyone in this world subscribes to the beliefs of religion. Again, there is no blasphemy if you reject the very foundation of the word.

So now we just ignore words and there very meaning if it doesnt fit our social makeup? Thats rich, Thats like saying I dont believe in love, so the definition of love is under false pretense. That has to be the most stubborn, shallow and selfish argument I have ever heard! You are a class act my friend!
I'm using this excellent thread after rewatching not just this game but every Kaep start. It seems to me that he's passed every test so far but that of persistent exotic blitzing. I really can't remember him being under such pressure as to have to make a quick outlet pass, or throw a screen (do we EVER throw screens?), other than that Crabtree pass in the NE game. Then I remember what Baltimore did to Alex last year in the regular season game. So I start to worry (I'm a worrier). From what you chaps have seen (Marvin most of all since it's his thread), how do you think he would handle this kind of challenge?

Originally posted by English:

Stop now. This is not the place for this. And by the way, the definition is only absolute from one perception. Discuss such matters in the Lot.

I agree but some sort of respect and decency should be shown.
[ Edited by JBrack on Jan 22, 2013 at 2:42 PM ]
Julio Jones is easily a top 5 wr in the league dude is big, fast, strong and runs good routes.

Well, you haven't been showing it which is why you just picked up a warning. If you continue to pursue this religious argument in a football thread, you will not be allowed to continue posting.
I think kaep will actually fend for himself well against the blitzes you speak of. His biggest talent is not his arms or legs its his football smarts, i think if he starts getting more blitzes then usual he will alter the plays slightly to include a quick outlet perhaps a rb out of the backfield to get the ball out quicker. Since he hasnt been persistantly blitzed it will be interesting to see how he handles those plays. I think hell be fine because everytime a d has tried to alter there play to get him or contain him he seems to have a few tricks up his sleeve to put the defenses back on there heels.
Originally posted by paulk205:
I'm using this excellent thread after rewatching not just this game but every Kaep start. It seems to me that he's passed every test so far but that of persistent exotic blitzing. I really can't remember him being under such pressure as to have to make a quick outlet pass, or throw a screen (do we EVER throw screens?), other than that Crabtree pass in the NE game. Then I remember what Baltimore did to Alex last year in the regular season game. So I start to worry (I'm a worrier). From what you chaps have seen (Marvin most of all since it's his thread), how do you think he would handle this kind of challenge?

i have the same worry, granted it's not alex smith and chilo has been replaced but, they sacked alex 9 times and the game was dictated by that, i just hope they take a deep look at the last game they played the ravens as well
would take calvin johnson

dude made shaun hill and kitna look like a pro bowlers
Originally posted by pahlerbj:
Originally posted by verb1der:
Nice write up as usual Marvin!

Pot? Kettle.
Originally posted by paulk205:

Blitzing is a bad idea vs Kaep.

Teams are terrified that if they blitz he'll escape and gash them with his legs. Moreover teams pass rush is greatly slowed because they are trying to corral him so he can't break loose.