LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 263 users in the forums

NFC Championship Game: Thoughts after rewatching the game...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Originally posted by KEGster:
Disagree on Crabtree. I felt he was the only one that pressed and it almost cost us the game. Unlike the Falcons, we were exhibiting the quiet confidence. Then Crabtree started dancing/celebrating and then the inexusable fumble. We were running down their throats, how difficult would a 3rd and Goal at the 1 be to convert?

Dumb. I thought he pressed and let the Falcons get into his head. The only player on the roster to do so

TOTALLY disagree.

Ya know, those guys on the other team? They get payed too. That was one hell of a play by Robinson. Sometimes you gotta give them their due.

Agree with this. I don't fault Crabtree there for fighting to reach the endzone. Was just a great play to rip it out, followed by a vicious hit that kept Crabtree from regaining possession.

Overall good read. I'd make a slight criticism, but you don't respond well to that, so I'll hold back for the sake of peace.

Yup. It was a good play by all. Kaep could have led Crabs slightly more inside and would of walked into the endzone. Kaep stuck it on his belly though so Crabs had to make a split second adjustment, which allowed the defenders to converge quickly and make a play on the ball.

I've talked about this a lot...this would all be a moot point if the play designs/calls were for routes run IN the end zone vs. well short and hoping RAC by the WR will result in a TD. I know our game plans are compartmentalized and the RZ plays are part of this but this is sometihng I've noticed for 2 years now and it's very consistent. If a defense ever picks up on this tendency we will see more plays like this going forward. It almost cost us a shot at the Superbowl.
Originally posted by JBrack:
Originally posted by valrod33:
Jesus Christ. Atlanta has 3 top notch receiving threats. No one is going to have Megatron type stats for that team. You are kidding yourself thinking Julio Jones isnt a top 5 WR in this league. Yes Brown gave up some plays, He still had good coverage on Julio for most of the game. Julio just made plays. Brown has been outstanding all year and he has one bad game and you want to jump all over his case for it? Give me a break.

No reason to take the lords name in vain here buddy. Jones a top 5 WR? ROTFLOL.... Thats a gas bro.

Andre Johnson
Calvin Johnson
Wes Welker
Victor Cruz
Larry Fitzgerald

There are 5 better right there and no Jones either. Jones isnt even the best WR on his team lol...

Hell yes im going to jump his ass. This is playoffs, you bring your A game or you get sent packing! And if he gets burned next week by Smith and we lose the game, I bet you will be the first person to jump his ass, so back off!

Yeah, Jesus Christ, Valrod.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by Godsleftsock:
Jesus Christ. Atlanta has 3 top notch receiving threats. No one is going to have Megatron type stats for that team. You are kidding yourself thinking Julio Jones isnt a top 5 WR in this league. Yes Brown gave up some plays, He still had good coverage on Julio for most of the game. Julio just made plays. Brown has been outstanding all year and he has one bad game and you want to jump all over his case for it? Give me a break.

No reason to take the lords name in vain here buddy. Jones a top 5 WR? ROTFLOL.... Thats a gas bro.

Andre Johnson
Calvin Johnson
Wes Welker
Victor Cruz
Larry Fitzgerald

There are 5 better right there and no Jones either. Jones isnt even the best WR on his team lol...

Hell yes im going to jump his ass. This is playoffs, you bring your A game or you get sent packing! And if he gets burned next week by Smith and we lose the game, I bet you will be the first person to jump his ass, so back off!

yeah god dammit val dont you know a CB can never allow a WR to make catches on them. geez
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by Godsleftsock:

Andre Johnson
Calvin Johnson
Wes Welker
Victor Cruz
Larry Fitzgerald

yeah god dammit val dont you know a CB can never allow a WR to make catches on them. geez

Blasphemy, what a mature and intelligent group we have here.
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Andre Johnson
Calvin Johnson
Wes Welker
Victor Cruz
Larry Fitzgerald

bolded = all above 30... julio is a 2 year vet. and 23 years old.

Julio is in that conversation... believe it or not. He will only get better.
Originally posted by Garcia:
Andre Johnson
Calvin Johnson
Wes Welker
Victor Cruz
Larry Fitzgerald

bolded = all above 30... julio is a 2 year vet. and 23 years old.

Julio is in that conversation... believe it or not. He will only get better.

I just named 5 that are better right now! I can even name more..

Calling a guy with 133 career recptions a top 5 wr is laughable at best....
Originally posted by AmpLee:
Blasphemous to you, mere words to other people.

Perhaps you should read a dictionary and you would understand the meaning of the word. You can lie to yourself all you want, but the definition is absolute!
  • Garce
  • Veteran

I didn't say he's top 5.
but the guys in bold are all on the downside of their careers.

he had a breakout year this year and will only get better. Dude is a prototypical WR.

I didn't say he's top 5.

he had a breakout year this year and will only get better. Dude is a prototypical WR.

I agree, but everyone but you is calling him a top 5 WR. i just chuckle at the enormous homerism of some people.

I didn't say he's top 5.

I agree, but everyone but you is calling him a top 5 WR. i just chuckle at the enormous homerism of some people.

I think you're crazy if you don't think Julio Jones and AJ Green are in the top 5 WR in the game. Both guys are big, fast, great hands, balance, and are young (i.e. long careers). At this point, the only WRs i'd take above them are:

Calvin Johnson and Andre Johnson.

My top 5 are:

Calvin Johnson
Andre Johnson
AJ Green
Larry Fitzgerald
Julio Jones

Originally posted by NinerBuff:

I didn't say he's top 5.

I think you're crazy if you don't think Julio Jones and AJ Green are in the top 5 WR in the game. Both guys are big, fast, great hands, balance, and are young (i.e. long careers). At this point, the only WRs i'd take above them are:

My top 5 are:

Calvin Johnson
Andre Johnson
AJ Green
Larry Fitzgerald
Julio Jones

Not sure how you can say a guy is better then a Wes Welker after one good year. The potential is there no doubt. But at this point they do not warrant that type of lable imo. The sample size is just to small. Id take Dez Bryant over JJ and Green personally.

Perhaps you should read a dictionary and you would understand the meaning of the word. You can lie to yourself all you want, but the definition is absolute!

Eeeerrrrrrrrr......

Methinks you take this thing a bit too seriously....

Stop now. This is not the place for this. And by the way, the definition is only absolute from one perception. Discuss such matters in the Lot.
Originally posted by NinerBuff:

I didn't say he's top 5.

My top 5 are:

Calvin Johnson
Andre Johnson
AJ Green
Larry Fitzgerald
Julio Jones

Not sure how you can say a guy is better then a Wes Welker after one good year. The potential is there no doubt. But at this point they do not warrant that type of lable imo. The sample size is just to small. Id take Dez Bryant over JJ and Green personally.

You are arguing about nothing.

There is no right or wrong answer here. Everyones definition of "top 5" is different. Yours is whose #s are the top 5. Mine might be "who would be the top 5 I'd take on my team right now". They all play in different offenses so 1 to 1 comparisons are pointless.

You can say that Jones goes against #2 DBs all you want and I can counter that most of Welkers receptions are quick screens.

There is no right answer.

In that spirit, if I'm building a team right now, there is no way in hell I'm taking Cruz or Welker ahead of Julio Jones.

Excuse me? Read a dictionary? Lie to myself? Get off your horse. Not everyone in this world subscribes to the beliefs of religion. Again, there is no blasphemy if you reject the very foundation of the word.

So now we just ignore words and there very meaning if it doesnt fit our social makeup? Thats rich, Thats like saying I dont believe in love, so the definition of love is under false pretense. That has to be the most stubborn, shallow and selfish argument I have ever heard! You are a class act my friend!
Share 49ersWebzone