There are 97 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Ravens vs. the Spread

I thought the spread was going to be a massive advantage for us regardless of who we faced in the Super Bowl, for the simple reason that the four teams who run option the most (Seattle, San Fran, Carolina, Washington) are all in the NFC. AFC teams have MAYBE seen it once, as opposed to teams like Atlanta, who was much more well prepared after seeing it four times this season.

Baltimore played Washington late in the year and Washington did whatever they wanted on the ground. Morris had 120+, RGIII had ~40. Baltimore is a good defense but they're living more off their reputation this year. They're hard hitting, and disciplined but not that fast. I think they'll be ready for Kaep to run, but just like we saw against ATL, it should open up huge holes for Gore.

The guy though that I think is going to have a huge game is LMJ. If he gets in space against Baltimore, forget it. They don't have anyone that can catch him. I think he has a huge day (8 rushes, 80 yards, 1 td).
[ Edited by RabidNiner on Jan 24, 2013 at 6:07 PM ]
We should run the statue of liberty.
Originally posted by Kronos2560:

Originally posted by Chrs0049:
I thought the spread was going to be a massive advantage for us regardless of who we faced in the Super Bowl, for the simple reason that the four teams who run option the most (Seattle, San Fran, Carolina, Washington) are all in the NFC. AFC teams have MAYBE seen it once, as opposed to teams like Atlanta, who was much more well prepared after seeing it four times this season.

Baltimore played Washington late in the year and Washington did whatever they wanted on the ground. Morris had 120+, RGIII had ~40. Baltimore is a good defense but they're living more off their reputation this year. They're hard hitting, and disciplined but not that fast. I think they'll be ready for Kaep to run, but just like we saw against ATL, it should open up huge holes for Gore.

The guy though that I think is going to have a huge game is LMJ. If he gets in space against Baltimore, forget it. They don't have anyone that can catch him. I think he has a huge day (8 rushes, 80 yards, 1 td).

It's easy to say that, but the Ravens defense was dealing with a lot of injuries up to and through that game with Washington. The defense they will be fielding Super Bowl Sunday is not the same. Lewis is back, Suggs and Ngata are healthier, Kruger has stepped up, Pollard is healthier and playing like a safety possessed. Cary Williams and Corey Graham are playing great at the CB position.

Granted, Baltimore's run defense is not what it used to be, but it's better now than it was most of the season.
Originally posted by Crow-Magnon:
It's easy to say that, but the Ravens defense was dealing with a lot of injuries up to and through that game with Washington. The defense they will be fielding Super Bowl Sunday is not the same. Lewis is back, Suggs and Ngata are healthier, Kruger has stepped up, Pollard is healthier and playing like a safety possessed. Cary Williams and Corey Graham are playing great at the CB position.

Granted, Baltimore's run defense is not what it used to be, but it's better now than it was most of the season.

They do seem to be playing a lot better in the playoffs, but you have to admit - there is a clear speed advantage going on here. I don't see anybody in the Ravens defensive backfield who is a real speed burner. The linebackers are strong, but relatively slow. And, on the other side, the Niners defensive backs are one of the fastest groups in the league. The two Niners inside linebackers are the fastest middle LB's in the league - we haven't seen anyone beat them to the corner and we haven't seen a TE or a running back they can't run with as a receiver. And, Kaepernick is the X factor. I just think there are a couple mismatches going on here. If Lewis gets locked up with either of the Niners tight ends, it's over. If either of the Ravens safeties, need to stay with LaMichael James, forget it.

MVP..

No doubt they're better now, but none of those guys is especially fast. If I'm Roman, I try to put Ray in one on one situations where he has to cover Vernon, Delanie or LMJ out of the backfield. He just can't run with anyone anymore in pass coverage. Major liability.

No doubt they're better now, but none of those guys is especially fast. If I'm Roman, I try to put Ray in one on one situations where he has to cover Vernon, Delanie or LMJ out of the backfield. He just can't run with anyone anymore in pass coverage. Major liability.

Ed Reed. I think he takes a load of responsibility out there to make up for their lack of speed in a couple of positions. Even when they leave Ray all by himself in the middle to cover, they close in fast whenever there is action in the middle almost as if they are leaving their responsibilities a split second early because they know teams will pick on Ray.
Originally posted by almondJoy:

Triple reverse, flea flicker....it's a natural set up for the statue of liberty!
No Huddle will work against the Ravens
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
Originally posted by almondJoy:

Triple reverse, flea flicker....it's a natural set up for the statue of liberty!

The Anexation of Puerto Rico
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home