There are 224 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

NaVorro Bowman is THE MAN!

Originally posted by NCommand:
Ahead of schedule and out walking around fine.

Bowman, who turns 26 in late May, is rehabilitating his knee in Miami under the guidance of the trainer who helped Minnesota Vikings running back Adrian Peterson bounce back strong from a similar knee injury in 2011.

http://blogs.mercurynews.com/49ers/2014/04/01/bowman-says-rehab-ahead-of-schedule-no-timetable-for-return/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+49ersHotRead+%2849ers+Hot+Read%29

Bow kicks serious ass. So glad that he's on this team.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I'm going to miss the old Bow.
Glad to see Bowman is doing well. No need to rush him back, but he will be missed.
Originally posted by mayo49:

It's not about you. The new Bow will be just fine.
Originally posted by mayo49:

Don't jump to conclusions. Adrian Peterson came back from a similar injury and almost broke the single season rushing record. In today's world of sports medicine these types of injuries don't mean a diminished capability to play.
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:
Originally posted by Pillbusta:
http://www.ninersnation.com/2014/2/14/5405748/navorro-bowman-rehab-video-girlfriend-injury

let him take as much time as he needs, we can make the playoffs without him really, we stacked. but we definetely need him 100 percent come playoff time.

Yes, I'm looking forward to his return in the playoffs! They guy is an amazing player and I didn't think I could every think as highly of another MLB as I do of Willis...but it's happened!
Originally posted by trogdor:
Don't jump to conclusions. Adrian Peterson came back from a similar injury and almost broke the single season rushing record. In today's world of sports medicine these types of injuries don't mean a diminished capability to play.

It doesn't mean that its guaranteed not to diminish a players skills either. There are countless examples of players never returning quite to form following injuries. Adrian Peterson is a terrible comparison. Peterson is a freak of nature and should never be compared to anyone.

Bowman was super human in the playoffs, we need him back!!!
Originally posted by NinerG94:
It doesn't mean that its guaranteed not to diminish a players skills either. There are countless examples of players never returning quite to form following injuries. Adrian Peterson is a terrible comparison. Peterson is a freak of nature and should never be compared to anyone.

Today is April 2.2014..
my buddy saw him at a signing yesterday or today and he was walking around. i figured he'd still be in a leg cast after an injury like that. get well soon Bo!
I think the Peterson recovery is the ACL recovery equivalent to the 4 minute mile.

Psychologically people are expecting the fast recoveries and we're seeing it.

I think Bowman's expectations now would be a lot different than if this happened in 2011.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
He might be good as ever, but I'm expecting the worst. That way I won't be disappointed.
[ Edited by mayo49 on Apr 3, 2014 at 1:43 AM ]
People are so negative here. I hope y'all aren't like that in every day life, you'd be Debbie Downer from SNL.
Bow will be back way before he's supposed to be. Season opener, he's on the field.

[ Edited by ChazBoner on Apr 3, 2014 at 5:39 AM ]
Navorro is appearing live right now on the show "FIRST TAKE" airing on ESPN2 (also Bill Williamson said he was visiting ESPN HQ on Tues., he meant Thursday and as usual was miswriting something like a moron). In case you miss it "First Take" will air again on ESPNEWS at 12 noon ET (so Navorro at 1pm ET/10am PT).