LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 266 users in the forums

NaVorro Bowman has retired

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by sfout:
the nfl is rigged video that had a zillion threads made about it in the past week. its like people couldn't just post it one spot and discuss it, every poster was like "ZOMG LOOK AT DIS VID!!!" - drove me insane lol.

Showed some pretty atrocious decision making by the refs such as Lynch being stopped what appears to be more than a full yard away from the marker on 2nd down and yet they spot the ball entirely in front of the marker. All the while Fox's TV crew had changed the scoreboard indicator to 3rd down.

It could be something but it seems like a fan just grasping at straws really.

Maybe not grasping at straws more just pointing out human flaws that happen in pretty much every game they just get magnified in a higher profile game.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by LoneWolf:
navorro_bowman �With this knee injury I still can't get over this loss and if what I'm seeing on this clip is true will really make me reconsider I mean come on�#faithful �my leg is broke we as players and coaches work To hard to play an be apart of the game of football. The words Dedicated and commited is the 49ers and this just hurts.���1h

hour ago on instagram

Sorry I must have missed it, but what video is he talking about??

So what is he saying? Upset that a 49er fan would post this video and claim the game is rigged?
Originally posted by SportsFan:
So what is he saying? Upset that a 49er fan would post this video and claim the game is rigged?

Imo hes saying either that or he believes the video himself. I would tend to think thay he thinks 49ers fans are nuts for claiming that.

Imo hes saying either that or he believes the video himself. I would tend to think thay he thinks 49ers fans are nuts for claiming that.

Ya. Same. You can take it either way. He really isn't clear on his thoughts.

I get a funny feeling that was his intention.
Is

Yup. What is he saying, That 49ers fans are crazy for thinking the NFL is fixed after him giving everything he had and comming out with a broken leg?
Funny thing about his quote is it can be taken multiple ways a) he believes the video is possible or 2) he thinks 49ers fans are nuts

What video is this?? Never mind. . Just saw your answer.
[ Edited by Hoovtrain on Feb 6, 2014 at 10:59 PM ]
it was really hard to tell what he meant by his caption. when he says "it will really make me reconsider" it almost sounds like hes going to stop playing or something lol
navorro_bowman With this knee injury I still can't get over this loss(.) and if what I'm seeing on this clip is true (and the NFL really is fixing games, it) will really make me reconsider (what I thought about the NFL before seeing the video). I mean come on #faithful my leg is broke(,) we as players and coaches work To hard to play an be apart of the game of football (for our Super Bowl opportunity to be stolen away). The words Dedicated and commited (define what it is to be) the 49ers and this (loss, my knee injury, the possibility that the NFL is not what I thought it was) hurts. 1h

hour ago on instagram

This is how I interpret it. Though I agree it could go either way.
I don't think he is agreeing with the conspiracy idea AT ALL, he is pissed at the stupid overreaction by some Niner fans to a loss. I am embarrassed just as much as he is--move on and get ready for next year.

Originally posted by pickle:
I don't think he is agreeing with the conspiracy idea AT ALL, he is pissed at the stupid overreaction by some Niner fans to a loss. I am embarrassed just as much as he is--move on and get ready for next year.

Read it over and over and now I believe it is the exact opposite of what you are saying. He says "if what I'm seeing on this clip is true will really make me reconsider". Pretty easy to understand that part.
Originally posted by pickle:

Read it over and over and now I believe it is the exact opposite of what you are saying. He says "if what I'm seeing on this clip is true will really make me reconsider". Pretty easy to understand that part.

Agreed...nobody would feel more slighted than a player who's busted his azz (legitimately) for 3 straight seasons now only to have the end results be decided on critical calls at critical moments in every single game (plus the Saint's game). You don't think that stings more with the players themselves?

Bowman HAS to be ambiguous here naturally, otherwise this story would blow up on NFLN and SC but...you can read between the lines. And these players know this stuff happens esp. by the time they get to the professional level (PED propositions, betting, pay-offs, etc.).

Like Harbaugh's comments in the media re: roid-use in Seattle; you don't think we ALL know they are roided out over there (they're damn motto is BIGGER-FASTER-STRONGER-LOUDER). Helloooooo...but we hear you Harbaugh, we hear you LOUD and clear!
[ Edited by NCommand on Feb 7, 2014 at 11:53 AM ]
  • obx49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by kush:
navorro_bowman With this knee injury I still can't get over this loss(.) and if what I'm seeing on this clip is true (and the NFL really is fixing games, it) will really make me reconsider (what I thought about the NFL before seeing the video). I mean come on #faithful my leg is broke(,) we as players and coaches work To hard to play an be apart of the game of football (for our Super Bowl opportunity to be stolen away). The words Dedicated and commited (define what it is to be) the 49ers and this (loss, my knee injury, the possibility that the NFL is not what I thought it was) hurts. 1h

hour ago on instagram

This is how I interpret it. Though I agree it could go either way.

That's pretty powerful!
Nice wok LoneWolf: I have a slightly different take...

navorro_bowman: With this knee injury I still can't get over this loss and if what I'm seeing on this (conspiracy video of the NFCCG) clip is true (and the NFL really is legally swaying games for competitive matchups, drama and $) it will really make me reconsider (the integrity of the NFL). I mean come on #faithful, my leg is broke (and this is adding insult to injury right now; not great timing). We as players and coaches work too hard to play and be apart of the game of football (and who wants to believe this game is tainted after all we put into it?). The words, "Dedicated and Commited" (define what it is to be part of) the 49ers and this (loss, my knee injury and the possibility that the NFL is tainted) hurts.

Read more at http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/niners/170412-navorro-bowman-is-the-man/page42/#MFlodkwzMhiXbX6L.99
I don't know why a fan would send that to an injured player either. Last thing he needs to hear with what he must go through to play again. It was a well contested game by both teams and yes we got shafted on some major calls but we can't conclude the game was fixed. There are a lot of calls that might sway one's opinion that way but there is no paper trail or any whistleblower present to make such a grandiose statement! I think the video author would have been better served to just chronicle all of the horrible officiating that game and then allow the viewer to form his/her own opinion. That way the maker could retain as much credibility as possible. Stating and unknown as truth was the wrong way to appear credible. The most credible thing would have been to show the plays and the clock and the call and state the rules and then you allow people to digest it. Right now Bowman needs to believe that the work he is putting into this game will eventually pay off. He needs to know that the just are eventually rewarded
[ Edited by Pillbusta on Feb 7, 2014 at 3:58 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone