LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 239 users in the forums

NaVorro Bowman has retired

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
NaVorro Bowman is the best LB in the NFL today.
I read bowman didn't even get one vote
He should at least have received a few votes for pete's sake. It's just stupid east coast bias. He wasn't even shown in the nominees package for the broadcast. The only cool part was Kap & Young presenting together.
  • kray28
  • Veteran
That's just insult on top of injury. Literally.

f**k them.
To some extent when you get injured maybe that takes you out of the running in the minds of the voters. Totally wrong and very unfair. But I could see that happen and it could be a reason why he didn't get as many votes.
Wow, I'm shocked he didn't even receive a vote. Total BS!!!
Found this over at Carolina Huddle-
@ByTimBooth 56s

For those asking, here is Def POY voting:

Luke Kuechly 19

Robert Mathis 11½

Earl Thomas 7½

Robert Quinn 6

Richard Sherman 4

J.J. Watt 2
[ Edited by Ronnie49Lott on Feb 1, 2014 at 7:33 PM ]
Not disagreeing with who won. But no votes for Bow just goes to show you the b******t.
Originally posted by Ronnie49Lott:
Found this over at Carolina Huddle-
@ByTimBooth 56s

For those asking, here is Def POY voting:

Luke Kuechly 19

Robert Mathis 11½

Earl Thomas 7½

Robert Quinn 6

Richard Sherman 4

J.J. Watt 2

im more inclined to say white guy bias.
Out of everyone on that list, Luke is the last one I thought should have won. I rarely saw him in pass coverage without interfering. The fact Bowman received 0 votes makes this something not even worth respecting.

Not sure if it was mentioned... but the NFL is not in the business of parading gimped players around lately either. "Ladies and gentlement here's you're big, strong, manly DPoY(on crutches)." While I'd be going crazy for Navorro accepting the award on crutches, it's not good for the NFL image. Add that to your conspiracy theory....
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by niners_guy:
Not sure if it was mentioned... but the NFL is not in the business of parading gimped players around lately either. "Ladies and gentlement here's you're big, strong, manly DPoY(on crutches)." While I'd be going crazy for Navorro accepting the award on crutches, it's not good for the NFL image. Add that to your conspiracy theory....

Originally posted by Jcool:
Originally posted by niners_guy:

Hey, I'll admit it's out there. Especially since the AP votes on the award right? No denying the NFL is struggling with player safety issues though.
not one vote? f**k the nfl
That's why Niners need to win Rings. Strahan gets into the Hall over Haley, what a joke
Share 49ersWebzone