NaVorro Bowman has retired

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by crabman82:
Matt Barrows ‏@mattbarrows2m
As far as NaVorro Bowman's injury, the 49ers will allow his MCL injury to heal before he has surgery on his ACL.

Having a fully healed MCL allows the surgeon to re-attach the ACL more precisely. It should allow for a quicker recovery on the ACL part, assuming the MCL heals quickly.

Let's hope so. MCL should take around a month to heal, then surgery. If early reports are accurate, and Bowman is expected to be ready by the start of next season, I'll be ecstatic. Most importantly, just make sure he's 100% again. I don't want to see this guy become the next Jon Beason.

There's no way he's back by the start of the season. It's at the minimum a 9 month rehab. At the very least he's back by November.
[ Edited by mayo49 on Jan 21, 2014 at 3:38 PM ]
Here's possibly some good news:

http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/navorro-bowman-back-14-15-start/story?id=21603844
  • kray28
  • Veteran
Been thinking a lot about Bowman....what happened was a disaster, and worst of all possible outcomes. Hope he knows how many people are behind him.
  • kray28
  • Veteran
I think Bowman should be back by mid-season...not the start, especially since they are delaying surgery on the ACL until the MCL heals. The MCL should take 1-2 months to heal.
[ Edited by kray28 on Jan 21, 2014 at 3:54 PM ]
Reason for optimism:

"… We want to make them better than they were before they got injured. That's part of our goal. And more times than not they can be because they have an intense level of focus as elite athletes and that intense level of rehabilitation. … With NaVorro Bowman, I would even guess he could come back better than he was before he left."
Originally posted by DelCed2486:
As I've gotten older, I've always said how there's no way I would stand in a line for anyone's autograph, except for maybe some of my boyhood idols like Johnny Bench and Cedrick Hardman. Well, I don't want an autograph for myself, but tonight I AM going to stand in line with my sons so they can meet an awesome football player, class act, and by all accounts a great person...#53 NaVorro Bowman. This guy has every right in the world to want to just stay at home and rest, but apparently he's still going to do a meet & greet at Concord mall.

In case anyone was going, I called SV Mall and they said the event has been cancelled, which makes a lot of sense, was shocked when I heard this morning that he was going to still attend. Point still stands, though, dude is a warrior, class act, and best LB in the game.
I think they've got a great surgical team, they've got a great group of rehabilitative people," Mandelbaum said. "I think there's a very, very good chance that (Bowman will) be ready by the start of the 2014 football season

http://blog.sfgate.com/49ers/2014/01/21/surgeon-believes-navorro-bowman-sustained-severe-mcl-injury/

Originally posted by kray28:
I think Bowman should be back by mid-season...not the start, especially since they are delaying surgery on the ACL until the MCL heals. The MCL should take 1-2 months to heal.

i agree, dont rush him back, this guy needs to be fully healed.
Put him on the P.U.P list until week 6, Have Ahmad Brooks or Wilhoite hold the fort down alongside Willis.
  • NeKro
  • ArmyHoe
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:
Originally posted by kray28:

i agree, dont rush him back, this guy needs to be fully healed.

I agree, I think its still to soon to say when he well be back. If he's back for opening day than great, but I see him coming back around late october early november. I hope the big man proves me wrong.

Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
Put him on the P.U.P list until week 6, Have Ahmad Brooks or Wilhoite hold the fort down alongside Willis.

more ahmad to ILB with willis and have skuta play outside. hes a beast. were lucky our depth is so insane at LB. wilhoite and skuta could both start on most other teams
Met his bro at the Carolina game. Feel bad for his family that had to see that
However long it takes. no1curr to rush bowman back.
let him heal up, we have plenty of LB depth til he gets back. the show is just gonna have to revolve around willis for a while which is not a bad thing. were blessed with two of the best in the league, we survived without willis this season and we can survive without bowman for a few games next year as well. dont rush him back and hurt him again. let the man heal up
NaVorro Bowman is the man. Yes, yes he is...
Share 49ersWebzone