LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 234 users in the forums

NaVorro Bowman has retired

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NinerSickness:
Originally posted by Joecool:
What's wrong with pointing out that Bowman has issues in coverage? There is nothing extremely negative about that.

He's just a good player at this point. Nothing more.

I miss my old Bow.
Originally posted by mayo49:
Originally posted by NinerSickness:
Originally posted by Joecool:
What's wrong with pointing out that Bowman has issues in coverage? There is nothing extremely negative about that.

He's just a good player at this point. Nothing more.

I miss my old Bow.

Foster is the young pup that will give satisfaction. I miss my mom being 40... Thats life lol.
Well to be fair Bowman was tired on Thursday. The older you get the longer it takes for body to be ready for the next game. At this point in his career, his body probably isn't ready to play until Saturday.

Whereas Foster could probably play a game every 3 days.
[ Edited by SFTifoso on Sep 26, 2017 at 2:29 AM ]
Originally posted by SFTifoso:
Well to be fair Bowman was tired on Thursday. The older you get the longer it takes for body to be ready for the next game. At this point in his career, his body probably isn't ready to play until Saturday.

Rest will definitely be good for him.

If we dont trade him i wouldn't mind if around week 10 we put him on the shelf for next year.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:

If we dont trade him i wouldn't mind if around week 10 we put him on the shelf for next year.

Trade Bow? Why you....

Trade Bow? Why you....

Big picture. But honestly like Staley i think he can be solid base player for next two years.

Shelf him early then it is
  • mayo49
  • Veteran

Trade Bow? Why you....

Big picture. But honestly like Staley i think he can be solid base player for next two years.

I guess big picture it would be prudent to be proactive. I'd miss him, but my boy just isn't the same player he used to be.

Trade Bow? Why you....

I guess big picture it would be prudent to be proactive. I'd miss him, but my boy just isn't the same player he used to be.

Well if he can come around some more.. And he shows hes solid in base packages,less nickel, why not preserve the tread he does have on his tires.

As i typed that and think about the contract, cant see us releasing him if we have a chance to trade him.

Ill miss him too..but who knows what the future holds and what Lynchahan are thinking.
I dont know why i clicked on the link but I did. This is from Grant Cohn

The Rams gained 51 yards after Bowman's missed tackles. All respect to Bowman, but he's not fit to play anymore. He consistently overruns ball carriers because he struggles changing directions. The 49ers should have failed Bowman's physical before the season and reached an injury settlement with him so he could have left town with dignity.

http://49ers.pressdemocrat.com/49ers-film-review-navorro-bowman-missed-six-tackles-rams/?utm_campaign=trueAnthem%3A+Trending+Content&utm_content=59c7039504d30134708bea58&utm_medium=trueAnthem&utm_source=twitter
Originally posted by valrod33:

The Rams gained 51 yards after Bowman's missed tackles. All respect to Bowman, but he's not fit to play anymore. He consistently overruns ball carriers because he struggles changing directions. The 49ers should have failed Bowman's physical before the season and reached an injury settlement with him so he could have left town with dignity.

http://49ers.pressdemocrat.com/49ers-film-review-navorro-bowman-missed-six-tackles-rams/?utm_campaign=trueAnthem%3A+Trending+Content&utm_content=59c7039504d30134708bea58&utm_medium=trueAnthem&utm_source=twitter

Those Cohen guys were hatched from the same nest as kawakami: anything negative, click bait a*****es who contribute little to the 49ers scene.

Originally posted by Cisco0623:
Originally posted by valrod33:

Those Cohen guys were hatched from the same nest as kawakami: anything negative, click bait a*****es who contribute little to the 49ers scene.

True but is what he saying valid? If so as much as I love Bow. He will become a liability if not already..

Sucks but this it is what it is.
[ Edited by Wu-5Rings on Sep 26, 2017 at 4:20 AM ]
Originally posted by Wu-5Rings:
True but is what he saying valid? If so as much as I love Bow. He will become a liability if not already..

He is exaggerating. At worst he's released in
The off-season. Nobody is trading for that contract
Originally posted by Wu-5Rings:

Ill wait a lil longer till making any firm decisions.. I think hes still capable of being a solid base LB.
  • titan
  • Veteran
I think by week 8-9 Bow will be a little bit come confident with his movements. He is stiff and clearly not 100%.
  • cgida
  • Veteran
After watching Bowman without Foster you can see a big difference in his play. They are asking him to do more with less beside him. Bow is not the Bow he used to be BUT he is still an above average defender just not elite. Bow had some really awful missed tackles this week but I put the blame on most of those elsewhere. Armstrong forces Bow to cover more of the field and take more responsibility because Ray can't be trusted and should be the one shown the door in the off season.
Share 49ersWebzone