There are 194 users in the forums

NaVorro Bowman has retired

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by RonMexico:
Originally posted by Joecool:
Cohn was right, again.

Truth hurts and people can't deal with negative news about their teams

THIS TIMES INFINITY. bow is done and our team is terrible. lott is right.. moral victories are for losers and suckers

lol

The rational among us didn't see us winning more than 4-5 games. I actually want a 2-14 record so we can choose between Rosen or Darnold. (While being more competitive than last year, especially on defense.)

I knew the 2017 team wasn't going to be very good. Our 2016 roster blew chunks all over the field on both sides of the ball.

We have about 30 new players on this team, many of which won't be here in 2019 after two drafts and free agencies. Many of the vets we brought in are here to teach the young guys new systems not to push for a playoff run. On offense Garcon and Juice are probably the only new vets that will be here past 2018. We will have a few new starters on offense in 2018.

THIS IS A WORK IN PROGRESS.

Our defense needs to improve this year. We have a lot of guys on the d-line that will take up blocks but we NEED a dominant pass rusher. This will take time. TIME. Time requires patience.

All these immediate gratification people need to take a xanax and enjoy this TOTAL rebuild. This team is a newborn baby. "Fans" getting off by kicking this newborn baby are lame. There's absolutely no reason to be this pessimistic three weeks in on a total rebuild. You didn't get your way? Didn't get the HC/GM you wanted? Tough s**t. You didn't get the QB you wanted? Tough s**t. You want CK here? Tough s**t. You want Harbaugh back? Tough s**t.

If everything is so horrible go find another team to root against. Shanalynch will be here at least 4-5 years and we should give them at least a season and a half to turn this thing around.

Do you not realize how bad this roster was in 2016? How bad our defense was? The lack of talent on offense was also painfully obvious. You simply can't fix all that in one offseason, especially with so many new players learning new systems on both sides of the ball. In either event we have been competitive either on defense or offense all three games. We were in these games unlike last year where the game was over by the third quarter.

As far as Bowman goes, ya, his current level of play doesn't match his pay but that situation also requires patience. Wait till the end of the season to see if he gets back to form. He's not a liability out there as of now but can improve. He has earned the chance to prove himself before fans start throwing him under the bus.

Overall I find your extreme negativity to be patently absurd, pointless and trollish.
[ Edited by LeProfessionnel on Sep 24, 2017 at 12:54 PM ]
  • Nuns
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LeProfessionnel:
Originally posted by RonMexico:
Cohn was right, again.

Truth hurts and people can't deal with negative news about their teams

THIS TIMES INFINITY. bow is done and our team is terrible. lott is right.. moral victories are for losers and suckers

lol

The rational among us didn't see us winning more than 4-5 games. I actually want a 2-14 record so we can choose between Rosen or Darnold. (While being more competitive than last year, especially on defense.)

I knew the 2017 team wasn't going to be very good. Our 2016 roster blew chunks all over the field on both sides of the ball.

We have about 30 new players on this team, many of which won't be here in 2019 after two drafts and free agencies. Many of the vets we brought in are here to teach the young guys new systems not to push for a playoff run. On offense Garcon and Juice are probably the only new vets that will be here past 2018. We will have a few new starters on offense in 2018.

THIS IS A WORK IN PROGRESS.

Our defense needs to improve this year. We have a lot of guys on the d-line that will take up blocks but we NEED a dominant pass rusher. This will take time. TIME. Time requires patience.

All these immediate gratification people need to take a xanax and enjoy this TOTAL rebuild. This team is a newborn baby. "Fans" getting off by kicking this newborn baby are lame. There's absolutely no reason to be this pessimistic three weeks in on a total rebuild. You didn't get your way? Didn't get the HC/GM you wanted? Tough s**t. You didn't get the QB you wanted? Tough s**t. You want CK here? Tough s**t. You want Harbaugh back? Tough s**t.

If everything is so horrible go find another team to root against. Shanalynch will be here at least 4-5 years and we should give them at least a season and a half to turn this thing around.

Do you not realize how bad this roster was in 2016? How bad our defense was? The lack of talent on offense was also painfully obvious. You simply can't fix all that in one offseason, especially with so many new players learning new systems on both sides of the ball. In either event we have been competitive either on defense or offense all three games. We were in these games unlike last year where the game was over by the third quarter.

As far as Bowman goes, ya, his current level of play doesn't match his pay but that situation also requires patience. Wait till the end of the season to see if he gets back to form. He's not a liability out there as of now but can improve. He has earned the chance to prove himself before fans start throwing him under the bus.

Overall I find your extreme negativity to be patently absurd, pointless and trollish.

A thousand times yes!
Bowman has definitely lost a step. Love his heart and determination but sadly he'll never return to his 2013 DPOY form (which he was completely robbed of in favor of Kuechley.) Watching some of these LB's today who can really move and hit sucks for us Foster's missing time. He's already our best defensive player.
[ Edited by ninerjok on Sep 24, 2017 at 6:50 PM ]
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Nuns:
A thousand times yes!
the truth hurts
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
A thousand times yes!
the truth hurts

and to piggy back onto what cc said. why is it, when someone dares to point out negatives which are realities. you get told to root for another team?
I've always loved Bowman & that will never change just like i still got mad love still for Gore, but if the Season keeps going downwards wouldn't it be wise to find a trade partner & give Bowman a better chance to win elsewhere?
It would be a win win situation for both sides. We get more amo heading into next years draft so we could continue filling needed positions & he gets a fresh start with a contender. He is not the same Bowman & playing with rebuilt defense doesn't help his cause either.

I honesty think its time for us to part ways with Bowman, Thanks for the memories Bow but its time for us to move on.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:
I've always loved Bowman & that will never change just like i still got mad love still for Gore, but if the Season keeps going downwards wouldn't it be wise to find a trade partner & give Bowman a better chance to win elsewhere?
It would be a win win situation for both sides. We get more amo heading into next years draft so we could continue filling needed positions & he gets a fresh start with a contender. He is not the same Bowman & playing with rebuilt defense doesn't help his cause either.

I honesty think its time for us to part ways with Bowman, Thanks for the memories Bow but its time for us to move on.

the way he is playing , lucky to get a 6th round pick. other teams see what we see and are not dumb enough to trade for him in my opinion. and in my opinion. his poor play is not a result of the kid not being in there like so many grassy knoll people want us to believe
What's wrong with pointing out that Bowman has issues in coverage? There is nothing extremely negative about that.
What's wrong with pointing out that Bowman has issues in coverage? There is nothing extremely negative about that.

Nothing, i love the guy but he looked a step off his standard.

People gotta realize everyone wants him to get better, but we gotta keep it real. Lets hope he gets better each game.
Originally posted by Cisco0623:

People gotta realize everyone wants him to get better, but we gotta keep it real. Lets hope he gets better each game.

Yeah, 10 days of rest and he should look better but we should have expected him to look bad after a short turnaround especially playing next to the bonehead Ray-Ray.

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by Cisco0623:

Yeah, 10 days of rest and he should look better but we should have expected him to look bad after a short turnaround especially playing next to the bonehead Ray-Ray.

lol Bowman making excuses for his poor play. Everybody else had to deal with the same time off. Between this excuse making and the crying about being disrespected Bowman is really looking bad. Reminds of an old celeb who is not relevant anymore but thinks he is still a star.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by susweel:
lol Bowman making excuses for his poor play. Everybody else had to deal with the same time off. Between this excuse making and the crying about being disrespected Bowman is really looking bad. Reminds of an old celeb who is not relevant anymore but thinks he is still a star.

and his play is looking like oj simpson in his last year here. joe namath as a ram and johnny unitas in charger blue not to mention roger craig for us. i see he is not running his mouth much anymore
  • Nuns
  • Veteran
A thousand times yes!
the truth hurts

and to piggy back onto what cc said. why is it, when someone dares to point out negatives which are realities. you get told to root for another team?

Are you posting as two different people and forgot to change your login or referring to yourself in the third person? Piggybacking on what you said?
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
A thousand times yes!
the truth hurts

Are you posting as two different people and forgot to change your login or referring to yourself in the third person? Piggybacking on what you said
now you have something new to think about .you speculate

He's just a good player at this point. Nothing more.
Share 49ersWebzone