LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 266 users in the forums

NaVorro Bowman has retired

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Praying for a full recovery.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter

49ers LB NaVorro Bowman is expected to be ready for the start of the 2014 season, per source. Bowman will undergo surgery on his torn ACL.
Originally posted by Jcool:

49ers LB NaVorro Bowman is expected to be ready for the start of the 2014 season, per source. Bowman will undergo surgery on his torn ACL.

This is great news. There is no reason to suggest he won't be ready for the season that's what 8 months away? Peterson, Crabs, Rondo, Shumpert and old ass Kobe have come back from injury. Dedication, and hard work Bow will be fine

I pray NaVorro has a full recovery. They can do amazing things laparoscopically now. He'll be back better than ever! It made me feel depressed seeing him carted off and having those classless fans throwing things at him. Words cannot describe how much I hate Seattle! They are true scum bags.

That's for all the people thinking he won't be ready for the start of the year.
Originally posted by Wrathman:

I pray NaVorro has a full recovery. They can do amazing things laparoscopically now. He'll be back better than ever! It made me feel depressed seeing him carted off and having those classless fans throwing things at him. Words cannot describe how much I hate Seattle! They are true scum bags.

I have never hated a team in any sport in my life more than these Seahawks. With the exception of Lynch that dude just works and doesn't cheat or talk. Can't hate on him
  • NeKro
  • ArmyHoe
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:

I just hope he doesn't rush himself and hurts it again. Hope to see Bowman out there opening day!
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
MRI results showing torn ACL and MCL. Shefter saying he'll be back by week 1. Not sure how that's possible?

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1929446-navorro-bowman-injury-updates-on-49ers-lbs-leg-and-return
No way maybe week 10
Originally posted by Furlow:
MRI results showing torn ACL and MCL. Shefter saying he'll be back by week 1. Not sure how that's possible?

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1929446-navorro-bowman-injury-updates-on-49ers-lbs-leg-and-return

i'm sure its possible, its just dumb to report such a thing 24 hours later when theres like 9 months to go. if hes ready, he'll play. i think the dumbest thing you can do with these injuries is put a timeline on it.

Originally posted by Furlow:

Shefter is usually money.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Bowman will be back well before he's supposed to be back. dude is a fkn workhorse.
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:

This lifts my spirits a bit.
There is no way schefter of anyone knows that
  • dj43
Originally posted by crabman82:
ProFootballTalk ‏@ProFootballTalk11s
MRI shows torn ACL and MCL for LB NaVorro Bowman, per league source.

That's what I was afraid of from what could be seen from the camera angle.

Those are two major components and aside from the pain, they are critical to the strength of the joint. I'm sure he will get the best surgeons possible and do all he can in rehab to come back all the way. Just a shame such a great ball player has to go through such an injury. So much depends on how long the actual healing process takes. Knees can be problematic sometimes. Let's hope this one lets him get started on rehab early.
Share 49ersWebzone