LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 271 users in the forums

NaVorro Bowman has retired

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Get well soon, Bow.
Bowman was probably our biggest BIG GAME player all year (serious love for Brooks/Aldon as well). Heart broken for him...
Stud. Hopefully he has a quick recovery.
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Ballistic:

Disgusting.
Stop underestimating modern medicine and youth. Bowman will be back and in good form, but just don't expect it in week 1.
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
Stop underestimating modern medicine and youth. Bowman will be back and in good form, but just don't expect it in week 1.

Why not? Week 1 is 8 months away. Crabtree came back after 7 months. There's no reason to think Bowman won't be ready to go week 1
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:

Why not? Week 1 is 8 months away. Crabtree came back after 7 months. There's no reason to think Bowman won't be ready to go week 1

Different injuries, and it's nice to have some balance of reality. Maybe he does come back with no lost time, but I'm addressing more the thought of people thinking his career is over, etc., etc.

I am hoping for this. Not anticipating him ready for week 1 , but somewhere mid season. My biggest concern though is will he be the same. With how good modern medicine is, I hope so because that guy is a machine and so fun to watch play. Makes this loss so much worse
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:

I am hoping for this. Not anticipating him ready for week 1 , but somewhere mid season. My biggest concern though is will he be the same. With how good modern medicine is, I hope so because that guy is a machine and so fun to watch play. Makes this loss so much worse

I would think he will have a longer recovery period, just because of what his position requires.
How long before Bowman has the surgery? We're already almost into February. Bad injury real late into the postseason.

Mario manningham.
Yeah, Adam S. said they believe (at this juncture) it will be a total knee reconstruction surgery.
Originally posted by darkknight49:

Mario manningham.

Had a torn ACL and PCL and is older than Bow.
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:

this is what im thinking...take as long as you need...we need him to play like bowman again...for a linebacker
*for a linebacker to recover from this sort of injury is going to be a daunting task...i believe in him
Share 49ersWebzone