LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 156 users in the forums

NaVorro Bowman has retired

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by mayo49:
Looks like Bow's a full go with that Achilles.

Moving well.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Zealot:
Looks like Bow's a full go with that Achilles.

Moving well.

Now, we got to get Rueben going.

Doesn't sound like the shoulder is giving him much bother at OTAs, even if he is just doing walk throughs, I just think they are being cautious. Though I still think we'll ease him in slowly with Smith starting the season, but will be supplanted by Foster eventually.

• Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AB81Rules:
Originally posted by thl408:
Straight from Kyle's mouth: Bow is not in the running for strongside LB. One of Foster, Malcolm Smith, or Bow will be on the bench.

If all goes well, Malcolm will be collecting fat checks playing special teams.

I doubt Kyle and John thought Foster would be available for them if they had the chance to trade up, so they signed Smith. I still think it's Smith-Bowman-Foster at some point, you can't give him $11.5M Fully GTD to sit on the bench or on STs. That or they will use some sort of rotation, i highly doubt they only use 3 LBs each game if all are healthy.

I like the depth, Seattle's a dirty team, and we'll need the depth when we play those guys - hopefully after the regular season ends. We shall see...
Originally posted by WolfTotem:

Doesn't sound like the shoulder is giving him much bother at OTAs, even if he is just doing walk throughs, I just think they are being cautious. Though I still think we'll ease him in slowly with Smith starting the season, but will be supplanted by Foster eventually.

What's with the pic of RG3?
Originally posted by Giedi:
Straight from Kyle's mouth: Bow is not in the running for strongside LB. One of Foster, Malcolm Smith, or Bow will be on the bench.

I doubt Kyle and John thought Foster would be available for them if they had the chance to trade up, so they signed Smith. I still think it's Smith-Bowman-Foster at some point, you can't give him $11.5M Fully GTD to sit on the bench or on STs. That or they will use some sort of rotation, i highly doubt they only use 3 LBs each game if all are healthy.

I like the depth, Seattle's a dirty team, and we'll need the depth when we play those guys - hopefully after the regular season ends. We shall see...

The smith contract was the one real head scratcher imo...just looking real quick at the contract it looks like there's a out after 2018. I mean it gives us a good squad at LB along with giving foster some time to heal.

We got like $70+ million in space, so it's not that big of a deal.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by WolfTotem:

RG3 is wearing a shoulder brace, ala mocking Foster.

This.

Is foster wearing a shoulder brace? It looks like he's out there running around just not with the team
  • mayo49
  • Veteran

Is foster wearing a shoulder brace? It looks like he's out there running around just not with the team

As far as I know he not wearing a brace.

LOL...new WZ joke of posting a pic of the wrong player you're referencing.
Originally posted by NCommand:

That's what I was thinking lol

As far as I know he not wearing a brace.

He's not, you can see him in the Bowman mic'd up vid coming in on the hands up huddle with Bow. #56. I believe the arm he's raising is the one he had surgery on too.
  • Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NCommand:

That's what I was thinking lol

• Giedi
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Giedi:

The smith contract was the one real head scratcher imo...just looking real quick at the contract it looks like there's a out after 2018. I mean it gives us a good squad at LB along with giving foster some time to heal.

We got like $70+ million in space, so it's not that big of a deal.

Whoa! 7 million signing bonus 11+ million guaranteed at signing. Holy smokes! I think one reason for the high salary is that he knows Pete's 4-3 under defense and Saleh is probably familiar with him and probably can help Saleh coach the defense (as a player) in the way that Hoyer is coaching the WR's in installing Kyle's offense. I'm pretty sure AB81rules is correct that they didn't think they'd get Foster. I'm liking our coaching staff more and more.
Share 49ersWebzone