LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 300 users in the forums

NaVorro Bowman has retired

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Lol at the thought of bowman riding the bench. Only way that happens is if he's injured.
Don't underestimate the heart of a champion.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by GoldenGateGlory:
Don't underestimate the heart of a champion.

Malcolm Smith is a chump
Originally posted by thl408:
Straight from Kyle's mouth: Bow is not in the running for strongside LB. One of Foster, Malcolm Smith, or Bow will be on the bench.

If all goes well, Malcolm will be collecting fat checks playing special teams.

And to clarify...

"I won't be on the sideline," Bowman responded. "I can tell you that."

Love this guy!
Originally posted by JBrack:
Originally posted by glorydayz:
4 first rounders, right?

5 if you count Reid who is going to spend a lot of time in the box in our base look.

Tartt is going to beat Reid out. Book it...OK...maybe not.
Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:
Some shady ish occurred last year... I think Bow never tore his Achilles, I think it was a cover up and tank special to save Bow on a lost season. I remember reading he was seen walking around the facility a month later I believe with no limp.

Bow is gonna be a pro bowler this year(not that I care really about the title), and he's gonna have a great year. I'm happy too that we got Foster to compliment Bow. Envisioning Foster being how Bow was and emerged for us in 2011 complimenting Willis.

Ooh conspiracy theory. I like it!
Hmmmmm...
Kyle is right...you'd have no idea he was even injured last year: http://ninerswire.usatoday.com/2017/05/25/video-navorro-bowman-practices-without-restrictions-at-otas/
Originally posted by NCommand:
Kyle is right...you'd have no idea he was even injured last year: http://ninerswire.usatoday.com/2017/05/25/video-navorro-bowman-practices-without-restrictions-at-otas/

Some shady ish occurred last year... I think Bow never tore his Achilles, I think it was a cover up and tank special to save Bow on a lost season. I remember reading he was seen walking around the facility a month later I believe with no limp.

Bow is gonna be a pro bowler this year(not that I care really about the title), and he's gonna have a great year. I'm happy too that we got Foster to compliment Bow. Envisioning Foster being how Bow was and emerged for us in 2011 complimenting Willis.

Looking better now right lol.

Looking better now right lol.

It was Baalke's master plan to preserve Bowman and getting his true star on the field...Nick Bellore.

Nick Bellore lol.
Mic'd up is back and they had Bowman from the OTAs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_GEpMWHlSc
Straight from Kyle's mouth: Bow is not in the running for strongside LB. One of Foster, Malcolm Smith, or Bow will be on the bench.

I doubt Kyle and John thought Foster would be available for them if they had the chance to trade up, so they signed Smith. I still think it's Smith-Bowman-Foster at some point, you can't give him $11.5M Fully GTD to sit on the bench or on STs. That or they will use some sort of rotation, i highly doubt they only use 3 LBs each game if all are healthy.

And to clarify...

"I won't be on the sideline," Bowman responded. "I can tell you that."

Love this guy!

"It's just part of the business, I guess. I'm a man of challenges," Bowman said. "I overcome whatever comes on my plate. It doesn't matter what you think of me, it's about what I think of myself and how hard I work."

• mayo49
  • Veteran
Looks like Bow's a full go with that Achilles.
Share 49ersWebzone