LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 148 users in the forums

NaVorro Bowman has retired

Shop Find 49ers gear online
how many more years out of bowman should we expect? how old is he like 30? im assuming 2-3 more years to play at a high level.
http://www.espn.com/blog/san-francisco-49ers/post/_/id/24419/navorro-bowman-aiming-for-return-in-time-for-49ers-minicamp
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
This is a great article.....

http://www.theplayerstribune.com/navorro-bowman-for-coach-lynch/

For a long time, I also carried these words with me:

"Coach Lynch was in an automobile accident earlier tonight. He didn't make it."

When I heard the news that night in the hotel, I sat in silence for a really long time. I think I sat there until the sun came up. It was a surreal moment. I thought about not even suiting up for the Rose Bowl, honestly.

But then I remembered what coach would always say to us after practice and before every game. He would remind us that we had to earn our opportunities in life. They would never be handed to us, especially where we were from.

"Nothing is ever going to be promised to you in this life," he'd tell us.

We need more people like Coach Lynch in this world. He was one person we could count on.

For some of us, he was the only person.
wow, really good read.

I hope Bowman comes back as the animal he's always been.
If he returns healthy, we suddenly have an IMPACT player at LB. Our one true starter. Oh others will start, but are they true starters? Probably not, but Bow...not only IMPACT starter, he would be a co-leader, and that is something we need desperately.
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
If he returns healthy, we suddenly have an IMPACT player at LB. Our one true starter. Oh others will start, but are they true starters? Probably not, but Bow...not only IMPACT starter, he would be a co-leader, and that is something we need desperately.

(Ice Cube voice) YAY-YAYYYY. Need him more than ever right now.
[ Edited by SmokeCrabtrees on Apr 13, 2017 at 1:11 AM ]
Christ they are replaying the 2016 NFCCG....still get that same stomach punch feeling watching Bowman get his knee blown out and all the players screaming for the Dr.s. What a stud still holding onto that ball .
[ Edited by Hoovtrain on Apr 13, 2017 at 12:11 PM ]
I didn't know John Lynch coached Bowman, what a small world!
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Christ they are replaying the 2016 NFCCG....still get that same stomach punch feeling watching Bowman get his knee blown out and all the players screaming for the Dr.s. What a stud still holding onto that ball .

ya, was watching that. fkn terrible. Dude was such a fkn beast before that injury. He'll never be the same.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:

ya, was watching that. fkn terrible. Dude was such a fkn beast before that injury. He'll never be the same.

seriously. Who the hell else can rip a ball away from lynch like that. Only Bowman
[ Edited by JustinNiner on Apr 13, 2017 at 1:37 PM ]
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by JustinNiner:

seriously. Who the hell else can rip a ball away from lynch like that. Only Bowman

lol, it was kearse. but yea, i agree.

lol, it was kearse. but yea, i agree.

was it? Damn, i always thought it was lynch. Havent brought myself to watch it since it happened
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
was it? Damn, i always thought it was lynch. Havent brought myself to watch it since it happened

Lynch ended up ripping it out of bowman's hands, long after bowman was on the ground, knee ripped apart. Fkn punk ass b***h. He could tell bowman was hurt, yet he still jumpped on top of him to take the ball away.
Right up there with some of the worst injuries I've ever seen

He's back!
Originally posted by Young2Rice:

He's back!

YES!

Seeing that news made me so happy. I had prepared myself for disappointment. Good to know we will have the same ol Bow back. Such a relief.
Share 49ersWebzone