LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 298 users in the forums

NaVorro Bowman has retired

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Disp:
Bowman deserves to be top 5, but no way he deserves the award this year. Imo Quinn is #1 and Lavonte David is #2 right now.

This sounds about right.
f**k Terrell Suggs.

That is all
He'll get some consideration but I don't see him winning. Other guys like Luke Kuechly, Lavonte David, and Robert Quinn have been getting more love from the media, and it's the media that votes on these things.

The top defensive player to me has still been J.J. Watt. He is the best defensive player in the league and it's not close IMO. His team's record takes him out of it, but his individual play has been superb.
I dont either of them deserve it at all but I think either Keuchly or Sherman is going to win the award tbh
Originally posted by Disp:
Bowman deserves to be top 5, but no way he deserves the award this year. Imo Quinn is #1 and Lavonte David is #2 right now.

Team performance should matter in deciding who should win. I would put Bowman above them.
I would be excited if Earl Thomas won, but in reality it should come down to either Bowman or Kuechly.
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
Quinn has 18 sacks, let him wreck havoc this weekend and he can have the award.

This
Originally posted by tohara3:
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
Quinn has 18 sacks, let him wreck havoc this weekend and he can have the award.

This

that
Gut feeling says Kuechly will win, just because of the hype, but I think the most likely is Quinn. Bowman will probably finish in 3rd place unless he has another historic game in week 16.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by niners94:
Team performance should matter in deciding who should win. I would put Bowman above them.

Really ? That penalizes the individual performance of a player who has little to no control over the performance of 52 other players on his team. The award is based upon individual performance, thus explain how exactly the overall team performance should have an effect on the outcome of which one player truly was the most outstanding defensive performer ?

In my opinion, Bowman clinched it today. The hell with the voters if they don't see it otherwise.
I don't think he will, but if he pulls that off, amazing accomplishment. It is VERY hard for an ILB to win DPOY.
bowman is the dpoy
1. Quinn
2. Kueckly
3. Sherman
4. Bowman
5. Thomas
Bowman is the MAN
Share 49ersWebzone