LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 151 users in the forums

NaVorro Bowman has retired

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I don't like the way they do these awards, its ridiculous. They should give an award for the best players at each position, Picking one guy is silly when there are a dozen guys who deserve recognition on D this year. Quinn and Sherman are deserving, but so are Keuchly, Calais Campbell, Bowman, Mathis, Tamba Hali. I would just give out 11 awards for best the defensive players in the NFC and the AFC. DPOY is lame!
OK, but he has to share it with Brock.

Brock made the initial play on the receiver to make that stop and pick 6

So reminiscent of the goal line Plummer and Woodall hit and fumble run back for 6 against the Bills
Quinn has 18 sacks, let him wreck havoc this weekend and he can have the award.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
Quinn has 18 sacks, let him wreck havoc this weekend and he can have the award.

yea, hope he breaks the all time record by 10 sacks.
  • evil
  • Veteran
In the discussion ? Possibly.

But as to who should win, if it is not Robert Quinn with his 18 sacks + 7 FF's + 2 FR's, then it should be Bucs LB'er Lavonte David. David has 137 tackles + 6 sacks + 2 FF's + 1 FR's + 5 INT's.
Originally posted by KRS-1:

But as to who should win, if it is not Robert Quinn with his 18 sacks + 7 FF's + 2 FR's, then it should be Bucs LB'er Lavonte David. David has 137 tackles + 6 sacks + 2 FF's + 1 FR's + 5 INT's.

Quinn is having an outstanding year. He's the guy I actually wanted us to draft in 2011 with that 7th overall pick. To me he should be DPOY. With that said, NaVorro Bowman definitely stepped his game up, but he would have to make multiple plays like the one he made last night to get votes as an ILB.

On another note, I can't wait until 2014 so Aldon Smith can show Quinn who the true sack leader is .

We may be witnessing a great duel, similar to what happened in the 1980s/early 90s with Aldon Smith playing the role of Reggie White, with all of the great pass rushers out there now (Robert Quinn, Von Miller, Geno Atkins, JJ Watt, Suh in Detroit, etc).
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Jeff Deeney ‏@PFF_Jeff

After last night's game, NaVorro Bowman (+15.2) and Patrick Willis (+14.6) are now ranked 1 and 2 in our ILB rankings. #49ers
Both rule. Bowman is younger and it shows.

what is FR?
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by communist:
what is FR?

Fumbles recovered

Originally posted by communist:
what is FR?

Fumbles recovered

Gotta say I love it when they fumble cause you know love's gonna getcha.
Slo-mo version of the pick-6 played to the tune of Journey's "Lights". So awesome.

http://www.49ers.com/news/article-2/NaVorro-Bowman-49ers-Win-Celebrated-By-Many/b87bd6ac-3aec-433c-b23e-b1f082825a70
Consideration yes, win no. I think there are a few guys with better resumes, Quinn with the best IMO. Now let's see him beat the all time single season sack record by planting Wilson half a dozen times! If I have to root for someone in that game give me the Rams.
  • Ether
  • Veteran
I don't get it, does the NFC West just know how to coach defensive players or is the rest of the league letting us grab all the best ones?

Patrick Willis
NaVorro Bowman
Aldon Smith
Ahmad Brooks
Eric Reid
Patrick Peterson
Karlos Dansby
Calais Campbell
Tyrann Mathieu
Robert Quinn
Chris Long
James Laurinitis
Janoris Jenkins
Richard Sherman
Bobby Wagner
Earl Thomas
Kam Chancellor
Brandon Browner

You could literally make the 1st, 2nd and 3rd team All-Pro just using the NFC West defenses.
Burfict has been really good this year, even though he is a prison-toby
Share 49ersWebzone