LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 229 users in the forums

NaVorro Bowman has retired

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Navarro is definitely the man. Pat and Bo are the best inside backers in the game. Hey what did you all think about Whitner's hit on Jackson? Looked clean to me. I think the NFL might be going to two hand touch the way the rules and refs are calling these games.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LanceQ:
Navarro is definitely the man. Pat and Bo are the best inside backers in the game. Hey what did you all think about Whitner's hit on Jackson? Looked clean to me. I think the NFL might be going to two hand touch the way the rules and refs are calling these games.

someone on one of the post games said "in this league today if you hit a guy hard you're going to get flagged....the refs will throw it if it looks bad" can't recall if it was on NFLN or ESPN but it was former player if I recall.
Will Navorro Bowman get any Defensive Player of the Year consideration? Inside linebackers rarely get the consideration because they don't make the "sexy" plays like sacks or interceptions. They just rack up tackles.. But he's been a force for us, and I think that game-winning TD is possibly our play of the year.

Thoughts?
He was top 5 in tackles going into the game, and he has had some sacks. The play tonight is the kind that will get him DPOW
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-cant-miss-plays/0ap2000000303631/WK-16-Can-t-Miss-Play-Lighting-up-Candlestick?campaign=Facebook_videos_candlepick6

Look at that catch up speed From Pwil. f**k everyone who thinks he's lost a step
Bowman is the Best Player on this 49er team, I felt this way since mid 2011
He really should, it's a shame that Willis has never won it in his career. Would be nuts if a D this good has no DPOY guys when all is said and done.
hope so, should at least be in the discussion imo
this game put him on the map, no doubt. (since they wont take the special teams blunder into consideration)
Not if they take his 'hands team' special team play in to account ;)

Quinn or dick Sherman will win unfortunately. Can't count out keuckly after that 24 tackle and pick game
no because they don't like the 49ers. Justin Smith was head and shoulders above anyone in 2011, but for some reason, ugly ass Suggs won it.

SMH
Originally posted by Bluesbro:
Not if they take his 'hands team' special team play in to account ;)

That wasn't a defensive play. The award under consideration is not for "special team player of the year", it is for "defensive player of the year".
I think he will
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I love Bowman, hope he wins it.
Share 49ersWebzone