There are 114 users in the forums

NaVorro Bowman has retired

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by thl408:
I'm predicting Bow will have 8 sacks. That's a lot for an ILB, but I saw a good number of times where the ILB came as the 4th rusher or as an additional blitzer during the HOU game. If Bow is being picked up by a RB, Bow wins.

I predict he doesn't even last 8 games.
  • thl408
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
I'm predicting Bow will have 8 sacks. That's a lot for an ILB, but I saw a good number of times where the ILB came as the 4th rusher or as an additional blitzer during the HOU game. If Bow is being picked up by a RB, Bow wins.

That's fine. 8 sacks in 7 games then.

Its been a looong time since he's played.

Not looking good. Very concerning.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:

What's not looking good, lol
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

Originally posted by Bluesbro:
lol ... little Cardinal WR's

Lmao at Floyd noticing at the last second. Bow would have completely destroyed both of them. 2 birds one bad ass stone.

was there a set back , i didn't hear anything ?

As long as he watches out for the low cut blocks RB's like to use in pass protection on blitzes. They go straight for the knees, feet etc....
Originally posted by 951NINER:

As long as he watches out for the low cut blocks RB's like to use in pass protection on blitzes. They go straight for the knees, feet etc....

Rushing the passer was one of very few things Bowman was better than Patrick Willis at. Problem is that he's also our best coverage LB now. But I do hope Mangini uses him with the pass rush. Dude has an ability to get to the QB be it spin move or something.

LMAO!

Yeah, even Moody (260 pounds) got a couple big hits on the QB IIRC (think that's what you were referencing...Skov too?).
  • thl408
Originally posted by NCommand:

LMAO!

Yeah, even Moody (260 pounds) got a couple big hits on the QB IIRC (think that's what you were referencing...Skov too?).

Yeah. The 4th rusher wasn't always one of the OLBs. And if Mangini knows what's good, he'll use Bow as a blitzer a lot. Scheme so that Bow gets a run at the RB in blitz pickup.
  • thl408
Originally posted by NCommand:

LMAO!

Yeah. The 4th rusher wasn't always one of the OLBs. And if Mangini knows what's good, he'll use Bow as a blitzer a lot. Scheme so that Bow gets a run at the RB in blitz pickup.

For sure, Bowman has very good timing and is a natural in pass rushing...also to your point, we saw Tartt fly in there as well for a TFL...plus Reaser came on a blitz as well (damn he has hops!). So yeah, I think this is where it's going to be fun...seeing who and where that 4th+ rusher is going to come from.
[ Edited by NCommand on Aug 21, 2015 at 12:15 PM ]

Nope, Bow is moving ahead right on schedule. But like Coach T says he reserves the right to proceed with caution and play it by ear with any of his players.
Share 49ersWebzone