LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 287 users in the forums

NaVorro Bowman has retired

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by WerschingMachine:
Everything you need to know about Week 2 OTA media observations
http://www.49ers.com/news/article-2/22-Observations-from-Week-2-of-49ers-OTAs/f6449a2b-6bc4-4540-adcd-ec34b20704e4?cid=facebook

1. NaVorro Bowman was eye-catching participant to close out the week. It was the first time this offseason that the media observed the sixth-year pro take part in 11-on-11 periods. Bowman spoke with reporters after the workout and said he's been pleased with the progress he's made after missing all of 2014 due to a torn ACL. When asked if he can return to his Pro Bowl status, Bowman said, "No doubt."

15. Bowman nearly intercepted Kaepernick in the goal line-period. A lobbed pass to McDonald in the back right corner of the end zone was nabbed out of the air by Bowman, but his feet landed out of bounds to make it an incomplete pass. Nonetheless, Bowman's tracking skills, jumping and catching abiltity shined on the play.

Looks like Bow hasn't lost a step

I'm rooting so hard for him to return, love that guy.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by frenchmov:
Originally posted by cciowa:
my god man, what do you want, it will take some time. it makes me sad that you can somehow put a negative spin on what he did today and how far he has come... i hate to say this to boner but man,, almost sounds like he wants bowman not to make it through the season, sheesh guys, how the hell can you not be excited when seeing reports of him and kendall and all the other guys who were hurt last year back on the field or making good progress,.,,, i have not hear one negative thing about any sort of a setback in the rehab of any of our guys who missed last year. come on guys

i read lots of "encouraging" reports about marcus lattimore too. i don't think people are being purposely negative, i just think it's being realistic. i would be stoked if bow ever came back to his regular levels but a year and a half and he's still not feeling 100% makes me think he will never be back to normal. no reason to bury your head in the sand about the possibility brah
i have no reason to bury my head in the sand. is there a reason you can not be optimistic ?
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
Originally posted by WerschingMachine:
Everything you need to know about Week 2 OTA media observations
http://www.49ers.com/news/article-2/22-Observations-from-Week-2-of-49ers-OTAs/f6449a2b-6bc4-4540-adcd-ec34b20704e4?cid=facebook

1. NaVorro Bowman was eye-catching participant to close out the week. It was the first time this offseason that the media observed the sixth-year pro take part in 11-on-11 periods. Bowman spoke with reporters after the workout and said he's been pleased with the progress he's made after missing all of 2014 due to a torn ACL. When asked if he can return to his Pro Bowl status, Bowman said, "No doubt."

15. Bowman nearly intercepted Kaepernick in the goal line-period. A lobbed pass to McDonald in the back right corner of the end zone was nabbed out of the air by Bowman, but his feet landed out of bounds to make it an incomplete pass. Nonetheless, Bowman's tracking skills, jumping and catching abiltity shined on the play.

Looks like Bow hasn't lost a step

I'm rooting so hard for him to return, love that guy.
it is unreal some people are putting a negative spin on this
Originally posted by jonesadrian:
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by Buckethead:
Or:
Matt Maiocco ‏@MaioccoCSN 6m6 minutes ago NaVorro Bowman wears brace on L knee as required by medical staff. As soon as he's told he can discard it he says he might lite it on fire.

That's awesome!

Ok, but when is that supposed to be? It was my understanding he was already, or almost, back to form.

they are making sure he is right for when it counts.

august- feb counts

not may.

I know, his comments about it taking more time just worry me. I'm also incredibly impatient and have been restless ever since that play.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
bowman wont make it though the season.

sucks man dude was a beast and now he still aint right a year and half after the injury.

Eric Branch ‏@Eric_Branch 2h2 hours ago Bowman: The knee will get to where it needs to be. Maybe not as fast as you guys expect, but I'm definitely going to get back to that level.
my god man, what do you want, it will take some time. it makes me sad that you can somehow put a negative spin on what he did today and how far he has come... i hate to say this to boner but man,, almost sounds like he wants bowman not to make it through the season, sheesh guys, how the hell can you not be excited when seeing reports of him and kendall and all the other guys who were hurt last year back on the field or making good progress,.,,, i have not hear one negative thing about any sort of a setback in the rehab of any of our guys who missed last year. come on guys

dont you ever dare say that, bow is my dood. I stil haven't forgiven Eric Reid for ruining his knee.

From all the Reports Bowman he should be himself... even if it takes a game, preseason should get him back... Hunter i havent seen and im wondering why we have so many Backs... can someone fill me in
Originally posted by Constantine:

From all the Reports Bowman he should be himself... even if it takes a game, preseason should get him back... Hunter i havent seen and im wondering why we have so many Backs... can someone fill me in

Hunter sounds all the way back. There was an off season video of him in drills looking super quick, fast, agile. Another reports sounds very positive about he, Thomas, Reaser, etc.
Hunter sounds all the way back. There was an off season video of him in drills looking super quick, fast, agile. Another reports sounds very positive about he, Thomas, Reaser, etc.

Good... I wonder what RB role play will be this season... bc I remember when Gore and Hunter where a top theart. Having Bush is great, it just makes it hard to see all the roles to be played... your thoughts
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
bowman wont make it though the season.

sucks man dude was a beast and now he still aint right a year and half after the injury.

Eric Branch ‏@Eric_Branch 2h2 hours ago Bowman: The knee will get to where it needs to be. Maybe not as fast as you guys expect, but I'm definitely going to get back to that level.

dont you ever dare say that, bow is my dood. I stil haven't forgiven Eric Reid for ruining his knee.
unfair, it was an accident. he did not mean to do it.again sheesh sus
i would be shocked if bowman returns and plays the majority of the season at close to his normal level. unfortunately i don't think the bowman we knew and loved will ever be returning. brutal knee injury that will likely have cost him his career

Yeah I wasn't as down on this season as most, but this might be the tipping point.

These "dark ages" everyone has been fearing might not be an overreaction after all.

Originally posted by NickSh49:
i would be shocked if bowman returns and plays the majority of the season at close to his normal level. unfortunately i don't think the bowman we knew and loved will ever be returning. brutal knee injury that will likely have cost him his career

Yeah I wasn't as down on this season as most, but this might be the tipping point.

These "dark ages" everyone has been fearing might not be an overreaction after all.

We shouldn't jump to any conclusions. Good thing he's had A LOT of time to rehab. By the time TC starts, he'll be like 19 or 20 months removed from the injury. He's also an elite level athlete, and still pretty young. He can bounce back from this.

Good... I wonder what RB role play will be this season... bc I remember when Gore and Hunter where a top theart. Having Bush is great, it just makes it hard to see all the roles to be played... your thoughts

I believe Baalke referred to this topic as the 3 - headed monster. He probably is referring to Hyde, Bush and Hunter/Davis. And with moving to a zone blocking scheme AND utilizing the RB's in the passing game I can understand his line of thinking.

I believe Baalke referred to this topic as the 3 - headed monster. He probably is referring to Hyde, Bush and Hunter/Davis. And with moving to a zone blocking scheme AND utilizing the RB's in the passing game I can understand his line of thinking.

all 3 have the ability to everything so when hyde is in there you can't assume its a run up the middle. when hunter is in there you can't assume its a sweep and when bush is in there you can't assume its a screen pass. multiple looks from different backs doing multiple things

and hopefully we mix things up so that they all run each others formations and sets so that when you look at the tape you still have no idea wtf they're going to do.
Originally posted by SofaKing:
We shouldn't jump to any conclusions. Good thing he's had A LOT of time to rehab. By the time TC starts, he'll be like 19 or 20 months removed from the injury. He's also an elite level athlete, and still pretty young. He can bounce back from this.

This is reasonable but there might be anpther 6 mo needed. patience. I say he starts season on pup.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame

them's fighting words.

Share 49ersWebzone