There are 76 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Where is the pass rush

The biggest difference between ATL and the sub-par teams that we dominated on is that ATL still has a top-10 QB this season, even with their record. Matt Ryan is one of the smartest and most efficient QBs in the league, and he was getting the ball out in under 2.3 seconds almost every single time.
Originally posted by sspiker:
The biggest difference between ATL and the sub-par teams that we dominated on is that ATL still has a top-10 QB this season, even with their record. Matt Ryan is one of the smartest and most efficient QBs in the league, and he was getting the ball out in under 2.3 seconds almost every single time.

yep - people criticize Ryan for not winning the big ones, but he does everything to make his team as competitive as it is. Deserves a lot of credit. He made his OL look good with quick throws AND knowing when he had time to take deeper shots. CK could learn from him.
Yes, but Ryan's receivers were open and he had lots of time to throw, thanks to the prevent defense this team seems to use so often now. CK and his receivers need a highlight film effort to complete every pass. Switch QBs for a game or two and see what happens.
Ray McDonald was great in 2011...he has statistically dropped off the face of the earth in both run support and rushing the passer. Pray that Tank Carradine works out next year.

It is quite pathetic that justin and aldon command three lineman on every pass play but McDonald and brooks were nonexistent last night against one of the worst OL in football. If those two play like that in the playoffs we are going nowhere.
[ Edited by bigwads on Dec 24, 2013 at 1:04 PM ]
its hard to call it a pass rush when a team only rushes three or four at a time....
its hard to call it a pass rush when a team only rushes three or four at a time....
Originally posted by bigwads:
Ray McDonald was great in 2011...he has statistically dropped off the face of the earth in both run support and rushing the passer. Pray that Tank Carradine works out next year.

It is quite pathetic that justin and aldon command three lineman on every pass play but McDonald and brooks were nonexistent last night against one of the worst OL in football. If those two play like that in the playoffs we are going nowhere.

Wow harsh. They each have specific responsibilities. Can't blame Mac if he's told to do something specific.
Kinda weird. When Dorsey came out of college he was suppose to be able to rush the passer. Espn said he was a rolling ball of knives in the pass rush. He comes off the field during those plays. Maybe next year when Ian comes back he'll get a chance to prove it.
Tank Carradine? Haha lets not go down that route I was just looking forward to the future...as long as we find a good Justin Smith replacement our d line will be set
Was annoyed how we couldnt adjust to the slant routes that kept killing us. It was always Roddy wiggling his way through the corner and a linebacker
Pass rush is fine, our defense has been excellent.

We are 17th in sacks even with missing one of our best pass rushers for much of the season.

If Aldon didn't have his DUI trouble, we'd be hovering around 5th/6th most sacks and the #1 overall Defense.

Only Carolina and Seattle have allowed less points.

No one has scored more than 24 on us since week 3.

If we don't turn it over, and don't f**k up on special teams, our Defense will have us in every game.
Originally posted by thl408:
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
Keyshawn also made a HUGE Valid point last night, he said the 49ers play to the level of their competition and I felt he was right, against good teams we fight hard like the Seachickens & Saints & Cardinals and against bad teams like tonight we let them hang around long enough to barely escape. That's gotta stop if they are truly to be a Super Bowl quality team.

What about all the blowout victories this season? JAC, WAS, HOU, TEN

Lol. No sh*t. HUGE valid point my ass.
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
Originally posted by 49Alokay Time:
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
Keyshawn also made a HUGE Valid point last night, he said the 49ers play to the level of their competition and I felt he was right, against good teams we fight hard like the Seachickens & Saints & Cardinals and against bad teams like tonight we let them hang around long enough to barely escape. That's gotta stop if they are truly to be a Super Bowl quality team.

I guess you didn't watch the 5 game blow out streak

ATL brought everything to the table to give pay back from last year

COLTS, PANTHERS

So these are the bad teams they play down to, on par with ATL ? Lol. Ok.
Originally posted by Mertonschickendance:
Tank Carradine? Haha lets not go down that route I was just looking forward to the future...as long as we find a good Justin Smith replacement our d line will be set

This! he needs reps and playing time, I believe next year is Justin last year and when he is gone, there could be a big down fall for rest of the D, look at playoffs last year when he was out