There are 163 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Where is the pass rush

49ers need to rush four and play press coverage, this seems to work best. when I see just a 3 man rush, I die inside because that is a guaranteed LOSS, No db in NFL History can stay with a wr for more then 5 seconds, C'MON MAN!!
Yeah, I kept hearing the word "nudge" from Gruden...wasn't sure what exactly he meant. Is it a euphemism for holding?
[ Edited by kray28 on Dec 24, 2013 at 8:02 AM ]
Originally posted by cciowa:
terrible not to put more pressure on him,,,, he is the most hit qb in the nfl and we gave him all night.. well bottom line, big players make big plays and bowman bailed us out. and as i said,, even though i am beyond furious with roman today and our fourth quarter defense and our lack of pass rush,,,,, it is great the team just made the playoffs. to me that was a huge deal this year considering all the bad things that have happened,,,, roman, aldon smith, injuries,, roman

Add the refs, SB hang over , no WRs from the prior year to start the year, forcing Kaep to play under center, pressure and expectation to win
Ryan is also top six or seven in yards for the season.
Originally posted by matt49er:
Originally posted by JamesGatz83:
Originally posted by zillabeast:
You can thank Fangio for that.

I think he is still stuck on 2011 when the front 4 were unstoppable, but they've lost a step and sustained injuries. Time to start dialing a few designed blitzes up.

Nobody has lost a step.

2011- 42 sacks
2012- 38 sacks
2013- 37 sacks going into this week, even with Aldon missing significant time.

Even Justin Smith has 6.5 sacks, compared to 7.5 in 2011, despite being the oldest of the group.

The issue last night was the same issue that always occurs when we get a lead. Fangio plays conservative and drops 7 or 8 into soft zones every single play.

THIS! We're not blitzing and that makes it very hard to get sacks people! Aldon is dominate, Justin is as good as any 3-4 DE, Brooks is very good, we're fine on defense, especially the front 7. Matt Ryan gets rid of the ball in like one nanosecond.

WRs running all timing routes and the CBs giving waaaaaay too much cushion and allowing those guys to run free through zones. Roddy White had too many free releases off the LOS.

The one awesome defensive play that worked - we jammed Douglas at the LOS and contested the pass. We rarely if ever did that last night. That's how we beat the Falcons the last time. It was BOWMAN who contested a Roddy White pass from Ryan on 4th and 5.
Keyshawn also made a HUGE Valid point last night, he said the 49ers play to the level of their competition and I felt he was right, against good teams we fight hard like the Seachickens & Saints & Cardinals and against bad teams like tonight we let them hang around long enough to barely escape. That's gotta stop if they are truly to be a Super Bowl quality team.
Originally posted by ElephantHaley:
Keyshawn also made a HUGE Valid point last night, he said the 49ers play to the level of their competition and I felt he was right, against good teams we fight hard like the Seachickens & Saints & Cardinals and against bad teams like tonight we let them hang around long enough to barely escape. That's gotta stop if they are truly to be a Super Bowl quality team.

What about all the blowout victories this season? JAC, WAS, HOU, TEN

I guess you didn't watch the 5 game blow out streak

ATL brought everything to the table to give pay back from last year
Originally posted by Buchy:
We need to up this for next week, we let Ryan sit back and pick passes with far too good a WR corps for us to stop everything. We should have blitzed 5 or 6 early in the game and scared the s**t out of him.

He's not deserving of the Matty Ice nickname, he can be rattled easily when he's hit.

Guy absolutely was on last night. Those throws were PERFECT.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

I guess you didn't watch the 5 game blow out streak

ATL brought everything to the table to give pay back from last year

COLTS, PANTHERS
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by cciowa:
terrible not to put more pressure on him,,,, he is the most hit qb in the nfl and we gave him all night.. well bottom line, big players make big plays and bowman bailed us out. and as i said,, even though i am beyond furious with roman today and our fourth quarter defense and our lack of pass rush,,,,, it is great the team just made the playoffs. to me that was a huge deal this year considering all the bad things that have happened,,,, roman, aldon smith, injuries,, roman

Add the refs, SB hang over , no WRs from the prior year to start the year, forcing Kaep to play under center, pressure and expectation to win
i will not add the refs but thats ok!! aside from roman and the lack of pass rush i am really trying not to nit pick last night because as i said,,,,,, i am just so happy just to be in post season. despite roman i also think this team can go on the road and win . you are right though. everyone plays their best against the niners because of what they have done in the last two years so that forces us to play at a high level every single time even vs bad teams
Originally posted by JamesGatz83:
Originally posted by pwillis52beasty:
Ok so seriously where is the pass rush?? What's up with Aldon? I'm not seeing the dominant pass rusher. We'd better get the pass rush going and in a hurry if we want to win the Superbowl this year. It was disgusting seeing Matt Ryan carve us up like that and have all day to throw the damn ball. Needs to be addressed fast!!

Seriously? Aldon had 2 sacks against Tampa Bay just last week and has been getting a ton of pressure every week. He looks like the same monster he's always been.

Again, Matt Ryan carved us up because we were playing soft zones and dropping 7 or 8 into coverage the majority of the game.

He had two sacks later in the game when he was able to pin his ears back and just go after the passer. He is getting doubled teamed sometimes, but he's not dominating tackles one on one like he's capable of. I expect him to beat the tackle almost every time. I'm not seeing that tremendous bull rush or any special moves. He hasn't played nearly as well as we've seen from him.
they essentially doubled the pass rush on every play, and then got the ball out very quickly. Great game plan on their part and that's when Fangio started blitzing. It wasnt our guys sucking, it was their great scheme.
[ Edited by WINiner on Dec 24, 2013 at 8:47 AM ]
Originally posted by WINiner:
cons essentially doubled the pass rush on every play, and then fit the ball out very quickly. Great game plan on their part and that's when Fangio started blitzing. It wasnt our guys sucking, it was their great scheme.

your right about the doubles and quick passes, so to defense that your DBs need to Squat on routes just like the pick 6 tip snatch by Bowman.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by WINiner:
cons essentially doubled the pass rush on every play, and then fit the ball out very quickly. Great game plan on their part and that's when Fangio started blitzing. It wasnt our guys sucking, it was their great scheme.

they have won four games. they have been bad in pass protection all year,, they got rookies playing on defense. i refuse to provide cover for the coaches by saying how great the falcons were last night. that is just a deflection in my opinion. they are a less than mediocre defense and we set there with three points at half time. there is no excuse for that. we have one of the best front 7 in the nfl and we got carved up in the late third and most of the fourth. there is no excuse for that. they are a four win team