There are 168 users in the forums

1994 throwback uniforms

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
We went 15-1 in those throwbacks including the playoffs, and never lost in the reds.

I say bring them back for good luck in big games this year.

14-2 in 1994

No, we went 13-3 in the regular season, 3-0 in the playoffs, but were 1-2 in the regular season in the old uniforms.

We went 1-1 to start, won weeks 3 and 4 in the throwbacks, got hammered in week 5 against Philly in the old uniforms, and switched back to the "lucky" throwbacks the rest of the way. We lost week 17 at MIN in the white throwbacks, but that was a rest week.

So overall we went 15-1 in the throwbacks, and 1-2 in the old uniforms for a total record of 16-3.

In the 16 games in the throwbacks, the niners out scored opponents 567 to 287. That's a point differential of 17.5 points per game. Steve young's numbers in the throws were the following:

323 completions
459 attempts
70.4% comp %
3901 yards
39 tds
5 ints
119.9 qb rating.

That's stretch of QBing compares favorably with any 16 games stretch in league history.
[ Edited by Niners816 on Aug 11, 2014 at 11:44 PM ]
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:
Some one tweet this out to Jed that way he can get this idea in his head about it being the 20th anniversary of our last SB victory he might just like the idea

He replied:

What the hell is that???

Originally posted by NeonNiner:
I hope they wear them at least once this year. Celebrate the 20th anniversary of our last SB victory as we're making another big push to win it all again this year. Why not?

Yes. Against the cowboys & chargers...
Some one tweet this out to Jed that way he can get this idea in his head about it being the 20th anniversary of our last SB victory he might just like the idea

If were asking Jed for a favor, tell him to bring back the Quentin font.

I will never understand what possessed them to change from one of the most classic NFL fonts of all time to that soul-less generic font we use now...
White pants blow. The big shadow on the numbers, not so cute. These were NOT throwback unis, these were another try by marketing to something different. ie like the new logo Eddie D showed us for the helmets..oh phewww..Throwback would be the old solver helmet and a few other things.
all i f**king want is for them to fix the goddam sleeves on our current uni!!!!!
Originally posted by Bali-Niner:
White pants blow. The big shadow on the numbers, not so cute. These were NOT throwback unis, these were another try by marketing to something different. ie like the new logo Eddie D showed us for the helmets..oh phewww..Throwback would be the old solver helmet and a few other things.

Between 1994, 1996, and 1997 the 49ers were 42-10 wearing white pants.

I remember those uni's fondly. Not saying we should switch back, but I didnt think they were ugly at all.
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
16-3 overall...15-1 in the throwbacks

I liked those uni's. I'm just glad we don't have any hideous throwbacks like the Steelers.

you cant just decided to throw on throwbacks there is a process to go through with the league much prior to the season. meaning if they didnt do it months ago then it cant happen on the fly now.
Originally posted by crabman82:

you cant just decided to throw on throwbacks there is a process to go through with the league much prior to the season. meaning if they didnt do it months ago then it cant happen on the fly now.

We've have to be one of the few teams without an alternate/throwback. I trying to of other teams without -Oakland, Miami....I'm sure I'm missing a couple of others but I don't think it more than 5 teams without a 3rd uniform.

Originally posted by Niners816:
We've have to be one of the few teams without an alternate/throwback. I trying to of other teams without -Oakland, Miami....I'm sure I'm missing a couple of others but I don't think it more than 5 teams without a 3rd uniform.

I was curious what our 3rd jersey design would be (if we ever have one) when the retro design was brought back in 2009.

I really think the 94 designs are the best option (I would have said go for the full 1955 look with silver helmets but concussion protocol won't allow that).

I'd take the 94 designs happily over any of the "modern" busy Nike designs as a 3rd jersey.
I'd rather see the 1981 home uniforms at least once this year ...nostalgia at its finest
Originally posted by NeeJ49er:
I'd rather see the 1981 home uniforms at least once this year ...nostalgia at its finest

With it being the 20th, 25th and 30th anniversaries of the '94, '89 and '84 title teams, it would be cool to see a throw back of each. They could wear whatever jersey was worn in the particular Super Bowl. So the '94s would be the red 75th throwbacks, the '89s would be the white with the candy cane socks and the '84s would be the red one with candy cane socks.
If were asking Jed for a favor, tell him to bring back the Quentin font.

I will never understand what possessed them to change from one of the most classic NFL fonts of all time to that soul-less generic font we use now...

Someone pointed out one time that the new font is actually the same font used for the S and F in the logo. But I agree. I like the old font better. But at least the new one makes some sense now.
Originally posted by Niners816:

Tampa and San Diego definitely always have their throwbacks available.
Share 49ersWebzone