LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 204 users in the forums

What if Alex Smith leads a SB comeback?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Imagine Kap dominates the Falcons and we end up facing the Patriots in the Super Bowl. Kap puts up 21 points but sprains his ankle in the 1Q, the 49ers get discombobulated and trail 31-21 at halftime. And then Alex Smith has something like 200 yards and 3 TDs in an epic second half.

Everyone seems to agree that Flacco made himself millions on his next contract last week. If the above scenario played out, I have no doubt Kap would still be our franchise QB. I'd be reeeeaaaaally fascinated by the trade market that would develop for Alex Smith, however.
It'd be an extra sweet going away gift?
The fact that we can say this now with a straight face is amazing. If something happened to Kap,I'm sure the team would be like "yo Alex, you go this"

It would be great end to an up and down career her and would increase his trade value :)

No other team left of the 4 has 2 starting QBs on their roster that have played well this year

Great problem to have (for the next two games )
Aaaand nothing would come of it. Kaepernick is the heir apparent to the throne of the 49ers Empire. Alex Smith is too expensive to keep, so he's going. End of story. Can we stop talking about him?
Originally posted by xtm059:
Aaaand nothing would come of it. Kaepernick is the heir apparent to the throne of the 49ers Empire. Alex Smith is too expensive to keep, so he's going. End of story. Can we stop talking about him?

This is a clear example of replying without even reading the freaking OP. GTFO.

I wasn't alluding to a QB controversy resurfacing. I'm just fantasizing freak scenarios that pump up his trade value.
What if monkeys fly out of my ass, should I start a circus?
[ Edited by GolittaCamper on Jan 16, 2013 at 10:01 PM ]
  • Shemp
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by GolittaCamper:
What if monkeys fly out of my ass, should I start a circus?

no, you should buy a 1 year supply of Preparation H from Costco....
what if kaep stays healthy, finishes the game and completely dominates the patriots? i like that scenario better
What if both QB's go down and we have to rely on Akers to throw?
Share 49ersWebzone