LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 162 users in the forums

Receiver Blocking

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I know one thing that jumped off the TV at me and was the cause for my family to stop texting with me during the 3rd quarter of the game (LMAO) was the blocking of the receivers. I think Crabs, Moss and especially Ted Ginn did a bang up job of blocking on the outside. Packer fans claimed a lot of holding. I countered with the fact that it was one of our smallest players doing the blocking so shed his azz. Thoughts?
Refs were too fixated on the awesomeness that is Kaep to notice any holding.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
there was a block (hold) by Ginn on one of CK's run that was pretty obvious should've been called.
Crabtree is taking it to CB's right now, not only in the passing game but he is hitting DB's every chance he gets. Really interested to see how Samuels handles it because it looks like Crabs was preparing for a Sherman rematch.
Atlanta's soft ass DBs will want no part of our blocking WRs.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
there was a block (hold) by Ginn on one of CK's run that was pretty obvious should've been called.

was that on the long td run?
That happens in every game.

Goldson smacking someone in the head at the end of a play wasn't called either.

Sometimes we get a break and sometimes we don't.
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Aj Jenkins too did a nice job of blocking.
Where is the Red SF in your yard !!
The red in my yard isn't in Iowa, its in my parent's yard in Wisconsin. I think it means more there don't ya think?

To address the holding: I was a WR when I played. I became a very good DB's coach later in my coaching career. M y testament is that my last crew of defenders had 15 picks in 9 games. Enough about me. My favorite drill to teach is called "shock and shed". Its purpose is to teach DB's how to get off a block. Its an aggressive, violent drill where the DB takes control of the contact and sheds the block to make the tackle. Its all done very quickly and uses the WR's own energy/momentum to defeat him. It really doesn't matter how much of a size difference there is either because its all about leverage and momentum. So, my point is this. There is no way a WR, especially Jenkins (weak) and Ginn (small) should ever be able to block a DB who is bigger or stronger. They lost or got held because they allowed it to happen.

Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
That happens in every game.

Goldson smacking someone in the head at the end of a play wasn't called either.

Sometimes we get a break and sometimes we don't.

Goldson needs to know that crap out. Whitner too. I understand what they are trying to do but they can do it without the excess. If these guys wrap their arms and drive the guy to the ground will they still get fined? If the NFL fines them for tackling instead of hitting then something is really wrong.

This is the one that was questioned.

LOL, I saw that one, considering how much smaller Ginn was, I think the refs basically said "stop being a p***y" and let it slide.
That's pretty much the rest of what I texted to my nephew. It was Ted Freakin Ginn! C'mon!
Share 49ersWebzone