There are 192 users in the forums

Does Kaep's run on Saturday surpass Young's classic run?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
no because Steve is white
it wasn't as great as steve's run

and steve never ran for 180 yards in the playoffs like kap did
Originally posted by ninersoul:
Ehhh...I'm going to say "apples and oranges" on this one.

I agree, they are not similar at all but I love them both, just like apples and oranges!
Young's run was better because of all the crazy jukes and the stumble at the end.
Young... Easy..
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Originally posted by defenderDX:
no because Steve is white

you dont expect that thing from young.... and kaep ran untouched.

young had to break tackles and his teammates had to make some blocks on a unscheduled play.... id say young
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by xela510:
Originally posted by TinyHandsBigHeart:
No, not even close. Kap's run was great, but he was untouched. Young kept making people miss and broke tackles all the way to the endzone.

This. Kaeps wasnt anything that special

Seriously ..I could have ran that in

LOL, oh really? You couldve exploded through the running lane, past NFL defenders for a 56 yd TD eh? Kaep's stride makes it look easy. He can cover 50 yards in like 5 secs.
+1
Each was a thing of beauty in different ways. Young ran pass and thru people and would not be denied. when you thought he was stopped he broke it, finally tripping ugly into the endzone all out of gas.

Kaep was like watching Carl Lewis in pads. his sprinting form was a form of beauty. Watching him glide past people who thought they had an angle, only to realize they were running in slow mo compared to Kaep-like the line in top gun-where'd he go? Where'd who go?
Steve Sabol considered Steve's run the best rushing play in NFL history, because if he doesn't make that run, the 49ers don't win the game. If the 49ers don't win that game, they miss the playoffs. And if they miss the playoffs they don't win the super bowl that year.
Steve Young was the greatest rushing QB of all time in a sense that he was an elite QB in style who could then become a RB. Kaep is more of a hybrid guy who does a good bit of everything.

Even if you look at the way Young ran, he ran like a QB. Weaving around, diving for the marker, taking the hits, etc. Kaep runs with the ball like Larry Fitzgerald or Calvin Johnson. He just takes this big, lighting fast strides across the field.

Ive never seen a QB make the field look so small like that running the ball. That 56 yard TD he just had felt like a 25 yard TD run. He went from point A to point B so quickly.

Originally posted by KowboyKiller:
Steve Sabol considered Steve's run the best rushing play in NFL history, because if he doesn't make that run, the 49ers don't win the game. If the 49ers don't win that game, they miss the playoffs. And if they miss the playoffs they don't win the super bowl that year.

Yup. It must have been a real special run if STEVE SABOL said that. R.I.P.

This, there was a lot of story behind the Steve Young run, and it was just such a crazy play. Kap just made it look to easy!
You high, son?
  • Happs
  • Veteran
For me, Steve's run was the greatest play in NFL history. So I'd say no.
BOTH runs will go down in history
Share 49ersWebzone