There are 66 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Our time to win is NOW..

Originally posted by BadgerHawk:
The window of opportunity opened last year. This year its a little wider but I agreed with the boys on KNBR Saturday that next year is really "the year". Contracts start becoming more of an issue as these years pass.

back to back
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jays9ers:
Originally posted by Jcool:
If you think Jeff Fisher is a great coach, you need to start following football more then just listening to talking heads on ESPN. Fisher is a good coach and the Rams wont be a cake walk like they have been, but they wont be a team we will have to worry about. Also, no the Rams didn't "basically beat us twice this season", a tie is a tie, the Rams don't magically get more of the credit for it then the 49ers.

Ok...maybe he's not a "Great coach" But he's still pretty darn good. We didn't beat his team this season did we?? Point is, the NFC West is going to be formidable for a long time, with the talent and draft pics we have amongst each team (think Seattle has 10). We need to close the deal this year.

Jeff Fisher just had his 12th season of .500 or worse record. We had a tie and a loss against them because we lost out starting QB midway through the first game and had that same inexperienced QB make some big mistakes in the second. And yet we still should of won those games. St Louis didn't beat us, we beat ourselves. Kaep wont be making those types of mistakes next year.
Originally posted by jays9ers:
If you think Jeff Fisher is a great coach, you need to start following football more then just listening to talking heads on ESPN. Fisher is a good coach and the Rams wont be a cake walk like they have been, but they wont be a team we will have to worry about. Also, no the Rams didn't "basically beat us twice this season", a tie is a tie, the Rams don't magically get more of the credit for it then the 49ers.

Ok...maybe he's not a "Great coach" But he's still pretty darn good. We didn't beat his team this season did we?? Point is, the NFC West is going to be formidable for a long time, with the talent and draft pics we have amongst each team (think Seattle has 10). We need to close the deal this year.

Jeff Fisher just had his 12th season of .500 or worse record. We had a tie and a loss against them because we lost out starting QB midway through the first game and had that same inexperienced QB make some big mistakes in the second. And yet we still should of won those games. St Louis didn't beat us, we beat ourselves. Kaep wont be making those types of mistakes next year.

no, they beat us, I'm with you on Fisher not being anything special, but please quit these silly statements

So you really just discount Jeff Fisher as not being a good coach?? Or 'nothing special'?? I think the guy is a helluva coach. Maybe thats just my opinion with no facts to back it up....but he had those boys playing very well for his first season.
I think this year our chances are great, still I think will be there in the fight for many years to come....
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by vrabbit:
no, they beat us, I'm with you on Fisher not being anything special, but please quit these silly statements

The pichout near our own goal line, that was fumbled and returned for a TD (there only TD of the game), the safety, Walker dropping an easy TD & and a missed FG in OT, were 49ers mistakes which cost us the game.
[ Edited by Jcool on Jan 14, 2013 at 2:25 PM ]

The pichout near our own goal line, that was fumbled and returned for a TD (there only TD of the game), the safety, Walker dropping an easy TD & and a missed FG in OT, were 49ers mistakes which coast us the game.

so you're going to completely dismiss everything the Rams did and just focus on our missed opportunities? ok
Originally posted by SportsFan:
How did the Rams basically beat us twice? Haven't figured out why 49er fans continue to say that.

One Man = David Akers

We lost both of those games...the tie I view as a loss.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
so you're going to completely dismiss everything the Rams did and just focus on our missed opportunities? ok

I'm not saying teams don't beat the 49ers. But in that game St Louis offense scored 3 points in regulation and it wasn't great plays on defense with the fumble and safety, we gave them those plays.
Our time to win is now and the next several years. The Niners have a great head coach, a smart GM, and a young and talented QB. That gives the team a chance to win it every year.
Unless, in the coming years, the 49ers bring in equally good talent at the positions they are aging at, the window is not very wide open. Things change in the NFL very quickly, as this year (and really every year) indicates. They do have great young talent at some positions, but they need to continue to bring in more of it in order to remain at the level they are at right now. Next year is not guaranteed, so the time is definitely NOW, and worry about later, later. As long as Baalke keeps doing what he has been doing, we should be okay.

Jeff Fisher may not be the greatest coach ever, but he is a good coach and his teams are always tough. He has a good QB; given a competent OC/system/QB coach who knows how good the Rams O could be, their D is already good and will get better. Our division is tougher than many folks give it credit for. The Titans should have won SB XXXIV, but they didn't play their ball until the second half. Again, Fisher is not the best, but he is pretty damn good and I wish he were coaching in a different division.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Our time to win is now and the next several years. The Niners have a great head coach, a smart GM, and a young and talented QB. That gives the team a chance to win it every year.

Justin Smith has (prob) 2 more seasons. He is our best player. Players as dominant as Justin aren't available. You either draft them or sign them (Out of price range).

Eventually I envision us slowly losing our physical identity, as Justin and Gore leave. We are regarded as one of the leagues most physical defenses so we have room to spare in that department. The sky is certainty not falling but it isn't as rosy as you describe it either.

Packers losing to the Vikings will be a ''break'' that I'll never forget. To win the Championship you need breaks. Breaks help fuel locker rooms and turn them into almost delusional believers. It's needed and we got it.
Actually, I firmly believe our time to win is EVERY YEAR, including the years with Weinke and Pickett under center
Originally posted by glorydayz:
Can you imagine a 49ers Championship to go with the SF Giants Championship!!!?

That would be nuts!!!!!!

It doesn't just take great talent and coaching to win it all. It also require very good health. We are about as healthy as any team could hope to be at this point of the year. The only "starter" out is Manningham. It would be nice to have Kyle, Hunter, Haralson and even Dobbs for depth, but again the key guys are all there. We need to win now, and there is no reason why we shouldn't. This is the most talented team in the league so no excuses. I thought last year was a serious missed opportunity, and it was. But this years team would beat last years team if both teams brought their "A" game. So let's get it while the gettins' good!