There are 122 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Divisional Round: Thoughts after rewatching the game...

Awesome seeing Bruce miller at DE again
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Godsleftsock:

What are you talking about? Snap count says he didn't play defense.....
  • hb123
  • Veteran
Let's get this dirty birdy
Great summary Marvin49. I agree with just about everything. I was wondering if you could now amend that video you made of Kaepernick to include some of his great plays of yesterday.

Originally posted by real9erfan:
Great summary Marvin49. I agree with just about everything. I was wondering if you could now amend that video you made of Kaepernick to include some of his great plays of yesterday.

Can't edit it, but I may do another one with just playoff stuff if the season ends the way we all hope it will.
Originally posted by sfout:

What are you talking about? Snap count says he didn't play defense.....

Might be seeing 48 which is Tukuafu
Rewatched the game and was actually annoyed at the REFS to start the game. GB came out VERY chippy and were taking cheap shots with no calls. Two really stand out to me.in the first Q

-GB WR headbutts one of our DBs right in front of an official and gets no flag. Broadcast even replayed it for all to see
-KAP slows down to go out of bounds after a read-option scramble and gets drilled out of bounds

Surprised our team didn't end up drawing more PFs because of all of it
  • dj43
  • Veteran
I loved the game, the outcome and how it happened. Still, I just cannot believe how poorly prepared GB was defensively. I have always liked Dom Capers for his innovative blitz packages and the way he moved the secondary around to confuse opponents. However, last night GB just sat back in pretty much the same schemes all night while the 49ers just ran over, around and through them like the weren't even there. I want to believe the 49ers are that much better than the Packers, and perhaps they truly are but GB was SO bad last night that it makes me wonder.

One point I would like to call up is the play of Alex Boone. He has been sort of the forgotten man in the OL, but as someone who spends a lot of time watching line play, I believe Boone is playing as well or better than anyone else on that line. He is a mauler but an agile mauler. He doesn't really appear to have any real weakness. On plays when he pulled across the line with an angle on the opposing player, he just blew them up. Last night was just another example of a guy who has come into his own as a big time player.

Much will be written and said about Justin Smith, and none of it will tell us exactly how much use he has of his left arm but apart from a couple of situations where he clearly could not handle the guard with his left arm like he normally would, he looked a lot like the guy we are used to seeing. He has a solid game even though it was not the kind of spectacular game we are used to.

Ahmad Brooks had a very solid game. With all the press given to Aldon, Brooks has been a bit overlooked but last night he was on the screen a lot and it was all good.

Roman is an enigma to me. He just seems inconsistent. Sometimes very aggressive while at other times he goes to the opposite extreme. With the division of duties like it is offensively, it don't know how much of it is his and what is the product of the other coaches. I think that is a question that any other team that may interview him will be asking. I am not sold on him yet.

Oh yes, Kaepernick played pretty well last night also.
[ Edited by dj43 on Jan 13, 2013 at 11:23 PM ]
Originally posted by dj43:
I loved the game, the outcome and how it happened. Still, I just cannot believe you poorly prepared GB was defensively. I have always liked Dom Capers for his innovative blitz packages and the way he moved the secondary around to confuse opponents. However, last night GB just sat back in pretty much the same schemes all night while the 49ers just ran over, around and through them like the weren't even there. I want to believe the 49ers are that much better than the Packers, and perhaps they truly are but GB was SO bad last night that it makes me wonder.

It's nothing new. Look at the entire 2011 season. They were god awful last year on defense. Just watching those guys, they have no blitz, and Clay Matthews is basically the entire pass rush. The rest of those guys do absolutely nothing. What got me was how clueless they looked last night. We had guys wide open left and right, and they absolutely could not stop the run. I don't think Dom Capers is the same anymore, but then again I don't agree with Ted Thompson's whole theory of not hitting any free agents at all. You can tell that team is hurt by having nothing but rookies and a few veterans.
Marvin49 keeps telling me that I should post more...so I'll say this: Being in the same car with Marvin49 going TO and FROM the Stick is freakin' awesome. It's like a pre-game show and a postgame show, without the BS and no commercials!!!
where the f**k is the post game locker room speech?!
Originally posted by defenderDX:
where the f**k is the post game locker room speech?!

Yeah!! Love how fired up and pissed off you sound about not getting to see it yet!
  • buck
  • Veteran
excellent post, great insight and perspective

Originally posted by Blue_Chameleon:
Marvin49 keeps telling me that I should post more...so I'll say this: Being in the same car with Marvin49 going TO and FROM the Stick is freakin' awesome. It's like a pre-game show and a postgame show, without the BS and no commercials!!!

LOL.

Yeah, but you have to be subjected to my nerves. I felt like I was gonna puke before kickoff.
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home