There are 81 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS ATLANTA FALCONS GAMEDAY THREAD-PLAYOFFS 2013 NFC CHAMPIONSHIP

Originally posted by notsoempty86:
Re watched the game last night. You can really see how the read option changed the run game. We would leave their edge defender complety unblocked while the tackles went to the second evel. The defender would just stand there and watch Kap as gore ran right past him.

The Kaep effect!!!
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:

One other remark about this: as much as we like to play up Harbaugh's dedication to Bill Walsh, there's an awful lotta Ditka in that wood pile.
I can't be the first guy to say this. But...GREAT Game Atlanta. I mean wow. The birds about threw the kitchen sink at us. That was truly a championship. Two great teams on the field yesterday. I didn't want to believe you were as good as your record but man you guys can throw that football.
Originally posted by BubbaParisMVP:

One other remark about this: as much as we like to play up Harbaugh's dedication to Bill Walsh, there's an awful lotta Ditka in that wood pile.

I feel like people give Jim a hard time for these things. But there are so many of us out there who would act the same way. I like that our coach wears his emotions on his sleeve. Of course if he should have been lobbying for an offensive PI. Glad that penalties didn't decide the game.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Go, Niners, go!
Originally posted by VA49er:
Originally posted by BubbaParisMVP:

I feel like people give Jim a hard time for these things. But there are so many of us out there who would act the same way. I like that our coach wears his emotions on his sleeve. Of course if he should have been lobbying for an offensive PI. Glad that penalties didn't decide the game.

Was gonna post the same thing. The tennants upstairs probably think I'm a f**king lunatic. One second they hear me yelling cussing, next second hear me screaming with joy.
Originally posted by mayo49:
Go, Niners, go!

Go, 9ers, go!
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
Originally posted by Baldie:
If we had Manningham, Hunter, and Williams.....score might have been worse.

we're definitely playing with a depleted WR group. LMJ has filled in nicely for Hunter, almost like we didn't miss a step. But at WR, we're basically playing with 1 real threat. Manningham and Williams were the quickest of the bunch.

man, as the game played out, I thought, "OMG, it's gonna come down to an Akers FG."

I think Chad Hall needs to hit the jugs with Delanie and A.J.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by RabidNiner:
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
Originally posted by Baldie:
If we had Manningham, Hunter, and Williams.....score might have been worse.

we're definitely playing with a depleted WR group. LMJ has filled in nicely for Hunter, almost like we didn't miss a step. But at WR, we're basically playing with 1 real threat. Manningham and Williams were the quickest of the bunch.

man, as the game played out, I thought, "OMG, it's gonna come down to an Akers FG."

I think Chad Hall needs to hit the jugs with Delanie and A.J.
at least he had a pass thrown his way unlike jenkins, oh well moss and vernon stepped up so maybe we can get through this lack of a third wide out till marion and kyle get back next year
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
such a good team win and it was so many little things that made up the big thing,, when you got guys like ginn making a big play, walker making a big catch, dixon picking up a key first down you have to think it will be our day,, also good job by roman calling two good games in a row. i guess there is hope for him after all! i am so happy james is on our team and I have always said that the three headed monster of gore, james and ck is pretty tough for any defense to handle. that was proven yesterday as ck froze the defense many times as the threat of him running, even if he does not, causes great concern for the defense.
Yesterday sucked for me until I got home. I missed the game because I was at the D#$m outlet mall all day with my wife. She's in a shopping frenzy and oblivious to the game. I turned my phone off becuase I didn't want to know what was happening. I was told by so butt head that the 9ers were losing and no way they would come back. So I drove home 2 hours thinking the 9ers had lost. I was pissed.

I turned my phone on when I got home and I had 18 text message. I read the 1st and it said: Congrats 9ers going to Super Bowl.

I have never known this much joy and relief!!!!

Go 9ers!!!!
Originally posted by notsoempty86:
Re watched the game last night. You can really see how the read option changed the run game. We would leave their edge defender complety unblocked while the tackles went to the second evel. The defender would just stand there and watch Kap as gore ran right past him.

Yep -- Nolan stopped Kaep from scrambling to the outside last night. That edge defender just sat there all game long with the evil eye on CK7. You could see it on play after play after play.

End result? Gore killed them all game long. LaMichael picked it up a notch. Great game by the O-Line and the RB's.
  • WWFGD
  • Veteran
Originally posted by kemp_j:
Yesterday sucked for me until I got home. I missed the game because I was at the D#$m outlet mall all day with my wife. She's in a shopping frenzy and oblivious to the game. I turned my phone off becuase I didn't want to know what was happening. I was told by so butt head that the 9ers were losing and no way they would come back. So I drove home 2 hours thinking the 9ers had lost. I was pissed.

I turned my phone on when I got home and I had 18 text message. I read the 1st and it said: Congrats 9ers going to Super Bowl.

Go 9ers!!!!
I don't mean to sound insensitive but really? You were shopping at an outlet mall with your wife on NFC Championship Sunday?
[ Edited by WWFGD on Jan 21, 2013 at 8:39 AM ]
Originally posted by cciowa:
such a good team win and it was so many little things that made up the big thing,, when you got guys like ginn making a big play, walker making a big catch, dixon picking up a key first down you have to think it will be our day,, also good job by roman calling two good games in a row. i guess there is hope for him after all! i am so happy james is on our team and I have always said that the three headed monster of gore, james and ck is pretty tough for any defense to handle. that was proven yesterday as ck froze the defense many times as the threat of him running, even if he does not, causes great concern for the defense.

That's when I knew we were going to win. We didn't get that 1 yard last year.

Originally posted by WWFGD:

Go 9ers!!!!
I don't mean to sound insensitive but really? You were shopping at an outlet mall with your wife on NFC Championship Sunday?

And this. Really?!

Go 9ers!!!!

I would never miss a Niner game let alone Championship to go to the outlet mall. You can go to outlet mall any day. A true Niner fan would never miss that!