LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 238 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS ATLANTA FALCONS GAMEDAY THREAD-PLAYOFFS 2013 NFC CHAMPIONSHIP

Shop Find 49ers gear online
We had the greatest comeback in NFC Championship game history. I don't think there is anything "normal" about that. We were able to sustain big drives and score touchdowns. This showed how resilient the team is.
Originally posted by zillabeast:

Originally posted by Godsleftsock:
I don't know why people act like its such a big deal to contain Kap. The Pistol is designed to open up lanes for the running back. So WE succeeded big time today.

Good point.
I don't know why people act like its such a big deal to contain Kap. The Pistol is designed to open up lanes for the running back. So WE succeeded big time today.

This.

People are saying the read option died today at the Georgia Dome. BS. the read option opened up Gore and LaMichael's running game.
Originally posted by ginseng1000:

This.

People are saying the read option died today at the Georgia Dome. BS. the read option opened up Gore and LaMichael's running game.

To be clear, it wasn't lost on me at all that much of our RBs' success came on read option plays. Still, I thought CK breaking out for some big plays would be what put us over the top in this game. We won in ways I didn't quite expect.
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:

I had the exact same reaction no joke.
Dont jump off the bridge after being down 17-0.
Originally posted by LieutKaffee:

This.

To be clear, it wasn't lost on me at all that much of our RBs' success came on read option plays. Still, I thought CK breaking out for some big plays would be what put us over the top in this game. We won in ways I didn't quite expect.

You take what the defense gives you. Being able to win in so many different ways, is the sign of a great team.
Originally posted by BrianGO:
We had the greatest comeback in NFC Championship game history. I don't think there is anything "normal" about that. We were able to sustain big drives and score touchdowns. This showed how resilient the team is.

Coming back definitely says a lot about our mental toughness. And yes, it was a pretty great game by our offense. So good, in fact, that we were able to win despite our D failing to do what I thought they would have to do.
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Originally posted by LieutKaffee:

This.

You take what the defense gives you. Being able to win in so many different ways, is the sign of a great team.

I read CK audibled on 40% of plays. And that doesn't even account for the split-second decisions he made in the read-option. The more I talk myself into it, this game was almost more impressive by CK than last week, particularly on the mental side.

I love jim, absolutely love him. However, that was a horrible reaction
Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:

I had the exact same reaction no joke.

I believe it. Mine wasn't too far off. Girlfriend went and bought me a radio at halftime so I could listen to Robinson and Davis, and she could stop listening to me cuss out Joe Buck.
Originally posted by theninermaniac:
Ray McDonald, that's who. He was a monster in both the run game and collapsing the pocket. He made a few outstanding plays today and just gets overshadowed on this defensive unit loaded with stars. He was taking on two blockers almost every snap and he would just fight through them to make a play. Justin smith gets most of the attention on the line but McDonald is playing at just as a high level as anyone on defense right now.

It was a team win, but Ray Mac deserves more credit than he is getting. If you look at the Green Bay game, he was huge in that game as well. He gets PRESSURE and forces the quarterback to move and step, he also stops the run.
[ Edited by BrianGO on Jan 20, 2013 at 11:20 PM ]
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
Everybody except Akers.

This

But he made 4 extra points, and we won by 4.
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:

Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:

Why is Weatherspoon pointing as if to indicate it's Niner ball (like we scored)? Is that full retard?
Share 49ersWebzone