There are 148 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS ATLANTA FALCONS GAMEDAY THREAD-PLAYOFFS 2013 NFC CHAMPIONSHIP

Our safeties adjust very well. They beat em early and stretched the field with the Jones catch. Then we covered that and they attacked undertnearh. Then we controlled the WRs in the second half.
Originally posted by Rocket4989:

Respect due, and respect given. Here's to you Sir.
Originally posted by BrianGO:
So what point are you trying to make? Our pass rushers can only run at the quarterback. They can't sack him if he doesn't have the football. If Ryan throws the ball despite the pressure there is nothing they can do.

And yes, this will be an issue with Brady too. Quarterbacks of that caliber can go nuts on any defense at any time. You just have to weather the storm, which is exactly what we did.


... just to take this to the next level, how many teams has Matt Ryan Passed for 300 yards in the half against this year?

I think....just one.
Originally posted by Leathaface:
They can wine about officiating all they want...Julio Jones got away with at LEAST 2 key pushoffs on our DBs and that WAS NOT A CATCH.

I have no respect for fans who blame officials for the outcome of a game. Crap calls tend to even out, and IMO the point is to be good enough that the officials are never in a position to decide the game.
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
Originally posted by BrianGO:
So what point are you trying to make? Our pass rushers can only run at the quarterback. They can't sack him if he doesn't have the football. If Ryan throws the ball despite the pressure there is nothing they can do.

And yes, this will be an issue with Brady too. Quarterbacks of that caliber can go nuts on any defense at any time. You just have to weather the storm, which is exactly what we did.


Sorry I disagree. If you have the right game plan, the storm won't exist to be weathered.


If the game was that simple, offensive and defensive coordinators would be the most important individuals in any organization.

Ryan and the Falcons were on fire because they wanted it badly. Our defensive players played a very good game.
I just don't understand how the refs can be blamed when they had a 17 point lead and didn't score once in the second half. Talk about reaching.
  • nooj
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 477
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:


I can watch this all day!!!!
W






(scoreboard baby...... )


I think that the halftime adjustments worked. The NEXT TO LAST Atl possession was a great defensive stop - one for the ages. Lets face it - it's tough to stop the Atlanta receiving corps - Gonzales, White, and (especially today) Jones. All large, good route runners, strong/sure-handed guys.


Let's face it - their strongest group versus our weakest, but the 9er's pulled it out
Well refs cant be blamed by them because all the bad calls went against us, THAT WASN"T A CATCH. And Julio was pushing off like Michael Irvin out there. And Bowman def played the last play legally all the way through, within five yards contact, made the play on the ball and batted the ball. SUCK IT FALCONS
Originally posted by socal9er42:
W






(scoreboard baby...... )


I think that the halftime adjustments worked. The NEXT TO LAST Atl possession was a great defensive stop - one for the ages. Lets face it - it's tough to stop the Atlanta receiving corps - Gonzales, White, and (especially today) Jones. All large, good route runners, strong/sure-handed guys.


Let's face it - their strongest group versus our weakest, but the 9er's pulled it out


Yup, that's all true.

Why can't we sack qb's? This game is not a blip, it's the trend.
Originally posted by jcashen87:
Well refs cant be blamed by them because all the bad calls went against us, THAT WASN"T A CATCH. And Julio was pushing off like Michael Irvin out there. And Bowman def played the last play legally all the way through, within five yards contact, made the play on the ball and batted the ball. SUCK IT FALCONS

Suck it Falcons

Suck it all you hater Seac**k Fans

Suck it everyone else!!!

Niners are going to the Super Bowl!!!
The first two drives... Aldon goes out in coverage about half the time and the Falcons had all day to complete a pass. After the second TD they stopped that nonsense and let him just rush. It wasn't rocket science but it was the adjustment of the game.
Outstanding half time adjustments. We shut them out in the second half.

Willis was clearly having issues with Gonzalez in the first half. It was a great change by Fangio to put Rogers on Gonzalez instead.
I thought the game plan was fine. In the first half, we had some blown assignments, mental errors by the players that led to big plays down the field. White and Jones were also making some miraculous plays.

Obviously, we played much stingier defense in the second half. Atlanta still moved the ball but they were not beating us over the top. They did a great job of protecting Ryan. Our 4-man rush was not getting to him and they were picking up the blitz when we used it. Ultimately, the 2 turnovers they committed doomed them.
[ Edited by SofaKing on Jan 20, 2013 at 5:58 PM ]