There are 164 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS ATLANTA FALCONS GAMEDAY THREAD-PLAYOFFS 2013 NFC CHAMPIONSHIP

Originally posted by WRATHman44:
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
Originally posted by Jcool:
Jed York ‏@JedYork

Sorry I missed Mike Nolan after the game. He congratulated a lot of our guys along with his wife. #ClassAct He set the foundation

There's no doubt that Nolan set the foundation for what we have here today. It's too bad that he couldn't coach and utilize their talents as best as possible.

I HATED him. I couldn't stand the way he never took the blame for a loss.

Yeah despite him being the ACTUAL cause of the loss. Made me sick watching us play back then. We fielded embarrassing game plans under him. I am surprised we let him keep his job after failing to get even 8 wins. It's sad that Singletary was an upgrade at that point.

Sorry for getting off topic.
S
Originally posted by BrianGO:
You would have had to watch the game on the radio to say something like this.

-- Aldon blasted a tackle straight into Ryan, and then grabbed him to pull him to the ground. Ryan completed the pass anyway while he was being pulled to the ground.
-- Aldon came straight up the middle nearly unblocked directly into Ryan's face. Ryan completes a 10 yard pass.
-- Multiple times where McDonald and Brooks made it to Ryan. He just completed passes no matter what.
-- Bowman gets clean up into Ryan on a blitz up the middle. Ryan just completes another quick pass.

I don't like to talk up an opponent, but unless you're blind, you could see Ryan was nearly unstoppable for much of the game, and no matter how tight the coverage or fast the pass rush, he was completing passes at will.

Stop it!!

There were some close pressures, but that's doesn't count dude!!!

Welcome to the NFL. We had 1 sack today!! Didn't get pressure until what? ... 35-40 minutes?

Don't you think that's too late?

And I think that if your idea of changing looks is lining SMith up in differnet places on the dline, you are not seeing the big picture.

Like I said earlier we are all 9er fans here.
Originally posted by HudsonValley:
You can hold inside 5 yards, what you cant do is follow through on the hold and not let the offensive player catch it. The hold was initial contact, but he released and let White run his route and then knocked the ball down. Hence why White didnt get up crying for a flag bc there wasnt any reason to. Now, if Bowman holds White and prevents him from releasing then you have a point.

Fck em they pushed off all game
Originally posted by BuZzB28:
u both guys are correct!! I am glad.. the 49ers won for us! let's cheer up bro..

I want to win the super bowl too.

If no adjustments are made, our chances are much less than what they could be.
Regardless of anything else, that was a good no-call on the 4th down pass to White. They were both jostling for position and it was within 5 yards; the officials should never call that. It was perfect coverage by Bowman who made a great play on the ball while raising his hands to show that he made no illegal contact. Great play. Right call. We're Super Bowl bound.
This game was special, we rallied a 17 point defect to win it, and defense pulled a re-enactment of the 1982 goal-line stand... just amazing...
9 years of being S*** on, kick around, and pst by fans of all other teams around the league. Can't put into words how great this feels!
Originally posted by Puckdaddy:
All of the push off's, holding, and the no catch.

Yep so it all evens out.
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
blame Mike No-Win

no win. Haha. I forgot about that moniker.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter

Update on Matt Ryan: Sprained AC joint in left shoulder. No surgery needed. Falcons now waiting to see if he still needs an MRI Monday.
Originally posted by faithful4eva:
9 years of being S*** on, kick around, and pst by fans of all other teams around the league. Can't put into words how great this feels!

lol Browns fans say "screw you."

It does feel like forever though.
Originally posted by brodiebluebanaszak:
S

Stop it!!

There were some close pressures, but that's doesn't count dude!!!

Welcome to the NFL. We had 1 sack today!! Didn't get pressure until what? ... 35-40 minutes?

Don't you think that's too late?

And I think that if your idea of changing looks is lining SMith up in differnet places on the dline, you are not seeing the big picture.

Like I said earlier we are all 9er fans here.

So what point are you trying to make? Our pass rushers can only run at the quarterback. They can't sack him if he doesn't have the football. If Ryan throws the ball despite the pressure there is nothing they can do.

And yes, this will be an issue with Brady too. Quarterbacks of that caliber can go nuts on any defense at any time. You just have to weather the storm, which is exactly what we did.
Originally posted by iLL49er:
Originally posted by HudsonValley:
You can hold inside 5 yards, what you cant do is follow through on the hold and not let the offensive player catch it. The hold was initial contact, but he released and let White run his route and then knocked the ball down. Hence why White didnt get up crying for a flag bc there wasnt any reason to. Now, if Bowman holds White and prevents him from releasing then you have a point.

Fck em they pushed off all game

No joke. There is a reason why they could hit a guy open every down. Seriously should have blitzed more and not given them 20 minutes to push off and get open. The horrible call on the challenge because they were scared of the home crowd just adds to it. Might as well have committed pass interference on every down as the refs obviously weren't watching the secondary at all.

The fact that Falcons fans are saying blown calls cost them the game is unbelievably stupid.
Originally posted by BrianGO:
So what point are you trying to make? Our pass rushers can only run at the quarterback. They can't sack him if he doesn't have the football. If Ryan throws the ball despite the pressure there is nothing they can do.

And yes, this will be an issue with Brady too. Quarterbacks of that caliber can go nuts on any defense at any time. You just have to weather the storm, which is exactly what we did.

Sorry I disagree. If you have the right game plan, the storm won't exist to be weathered.
They can wine about officiating all they want...Julio Jones got away with at LEAST 2 key pushoffs on our DBs and that WAS NOT A CATCH.