LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 228 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS ATLANTA FALCONS GAMEDAY THREAD-PLAYOFFS 2013 NFC CHAMPIONSHIP

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 5280High:
The first two drives... Aldon goes out in coverage about half the time and the Falcons had all day to complete a pass. After the second TD they stopped that nonsense and let him just rush. It wasn't rocket science but it was the adjustment of the game.

Adjustment or no adjustment, zero sacks for Smith.

He did have presence in the pass rush as the game went along.

Still not what you want from a the guy who has 50% of team sacks.

Not his fault entirely, I suspect the scheme.
Originally posted by SofaKing:
I thought the game plan was fine. In the first half, we had some blown assignments, mental errors by the players that led to big plays down the field. White and Jones were also making some miraculous plays.

Obviously, we played much stingier defense in the second half. Atlanta still moved the ball but they were not beating us over the top. They did a great job of protecting Ryan. Our 4-man rush was not getting to him and they were picking up the blitz when we used it. Ultimately, the 2 turnovers they committed doomed them.

You're joking right?

White and Jones are good players and they made good plays. That's expected. It's not a miracle.

Our 4 man pass rush has not been getting to anybody the last 5 games. Have you noticed?

I agree that Ryan's bad throws cost them.

I thought the last two defensive series were good on our part.
  • Envy
  • Veteran
I agree with the sentiment that the D looks out of sync and physically tired. A period off will do wonders to refresh them.

That being said Atlanta have some impressive units out there catching the ball. Lets not be too critical on them.
Originally posted by nooj:
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:

I can watch this all day!!!!

Same here homie!!!
Originally posted by Envy:
I agree with the sentiment that the D looks out of sync and physically tired. A period off will do wonders to refresh them.

That being said Atlanta have some impressive units out there catching the ball. Lets not be too critical on them.

Agreed.

I still say Atlanta overperformed against us. I really really would like a knowledgable poster to put up some numbers and analysis for what happened.

Right now my gut says that we need a new game plan.
Originally posted by VaBeachNiner:

haha.. Gore is good an idea that old falcons dance in history for long time.. Gore did dance for falcon but he said.. Pssshh!!! We won! Gore is awesome!!
I don't know if what ultimately beat them was any kind of gameplan or just the style of defense we play. Matt Ryan was great in the first half when he wasn't getting pressured...but by the end of the game, when he started taking hits, he wasn't able to overcome that. The Falcons, or at least Ryan, just weren't tough enough to absorb the punishment the defense was dishing out over the course of the game.

[ Edited by SonocoNinerFan on Jan 20, 2013 at 6:46 PM ]
Jesus what happened?
[ Edited by SonocoNinerFan on Jan 20, 2013 at 6:46 PM ]

Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:

I agreed that HB did right call but refs is bs!! the guy had catch the ball with one hand then his ball touched ground it.. refs is bs! anyway.. I am glad.. 49ers won it..
Originally posted by ninermedic:
I don't know if what ultimately beat them was any kind of gameplan or just the style of defense we play. Matt Ryan was great in the first half when he wasn't getting pressured...but by the end of the game, when he started taking hits, he wasn't able to overcome that. The Falcons, or at least Ryan, just weren't tough enough to absorb the punishment the defense was dishing out over the course of the game.

I understand that winning cures all ills. But adjustmentents need to be made. The first half was a disaster. Epic. Adjustments need to be made in many areas, on the field and elsewhere.
Over 10 minutes of highlights from today's game.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap2000000128766/49ers-vs-Falcons-highlights
Originally posted by Niners99:
Agreed. They got away with a ton.

Im just sayin, that was holding. Kudos to the refs for letting title game football be physical. Bowman got great position to make that play regardless. Make a play on the ball and you can get the no call.

Watching the replay, the call could have gone either way. Looked toe like they are jostling for position, and Bowman just knocked the ball out.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by baltien:
Originally posted by Niners99:
Agreed. They got away with a ton.

Im just sayin, that was holding. Kudos to the refs for letting title game football be physical. Bowman got great position to make that play regardless. Make a play on the ball and you can get the no call.

Watching the replay, the call could have gone either way. Looked toe like they are jostling for position, and Bowman just knocked the ball out.

and it was within the 5 yards. Even if he catches it, he's tackled short of the 1st.
Share 49ersWebzone