LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 246 users in the forums

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS ATLANTA FALCONS GAMEDAY THREAD-PLAYOFFS 2013 NFC CHAMPIONSHIP

Shop Find 49ers gear online
mike nolan and alex smith reunite
Anyone post the whole Packers game on YouTube yet?
[ Edited by RedWaltz24 on Jan 13, 2013 at 3:25 PM ]
I think the creepy (six-season) trend continues of NFC teams who had faced the AFC East on their schedule, eventually advancing to the Superbowl. -Before this afternoon, both the 49ers AND Seahawks had faced the AFC East, the 49ers remain.

Oh, and every season (year) the Rolling Stones have toured the USA, the 49ers have won the Superbowl, the Stones toured in 2012 in the USA for the first time since 1994.

The cosmic stars are aligned.
Only guy for Atlanta that really scares me is roddy. He really good along with really lucky.
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
I think the creepy (six-season) trend continues of NFC teams who had faced the AFC East on their schedule, eventually advancing to the Superbowl. -Before this afternoon, both the 49ers AND Seahawks had faced the AFC East, the 49ers remain.

Oh, and every season (year) the Rolling Stones have toured the USA, the 49ers have won the Superbowl, the Stones toured in 2012 in the USA for the first time since 1994.

I remember almost-sorta getting my hopes up about the Indiana Jones trend. I still don't know which ended up as a bigger disappointment, that season or the movie.
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:

Yes the stars have aligned it is our destiny to win number 6!
I feel confident against the falcons
I rooted for them vs hawks
Their D won't stop us
And their stadium isn't that loud
Their fans aren't passionate as some other teams
Early prediction 49ers 31-23
i'm glad it's atlanta. i didn't want us dragged into shouting match with seattle all week, or the wacky s**t that comes with an emotional game.

there's something to be said for our guys getting the 'business trip' tune-up aswell. cut the family loose and EAT.
[ Edited by dafuq on Jan 13, 2013 at 3:41 PM ]
I wouldve preferred punching the Seahawks at home. With that said, one of the biggest advantages for us whilst facing Atlanta is that Matty Ice is one of the least mobile QBs in the league, and that will make it easier for our pass rush to get to him. Rodgers and Wilson were slippery fellas that could dance out of the pocket and then take off and/or find an open guy downfield. Ryan, on the other hand, plays conventional and will sit there waiting for someone to get open.

If we can get the crowd out of it early, I see shining stars for our Niners.
Originally posted by b9er37:
Only guy for Atlanta that really scares me is roddy. He really good along with really lucky.

Every time I see him I think of him punching the ball from Nate Clements on the interception run back.

Originally posted by Wrathman:

Every time I see him I think of him punching the ball from Nate Clements on the interception run back.

Didn't he do that to Dre Bly too?
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:

Bly was high stepping 80 yards from the paint
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:

Yes, he did that to us twice. Dre Bly was show boating and didn't secure the ball.
Not gonna lie, was pulling for the Seahags to win. Really wanted us to play at home again and possibly get sweet revenge against them for what they did to us a few weeks back up in Seattle; esp with the stakes being so high.

But after thinking about it, I think it's best for our team to show not only ourselves but the whole World why we're the best team in the NFC. Only way to do that is to beat the #1 seed at their place. If we can play just like we did last night on both sides of the ball, we WILL beat those Dirty Birds and advance to the SB. Falcons are tough and offensively are 1 of the best in the game, but since we've beaten the likes of Brees, Brady, and Rodgers, I think we can do the same exact thing against Matt Ryan. No question about it.

Go 9ers baby!!!!!!
We better seal the God dam game early, none of this take the lead with 30 seconds to go and let Matt Ryan throw up a miracle 40 yarder to Roddy White
Share 49ersWebzone