There are 70 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS VS ATLANTA FALCONS GAMEDAY THREAD-PLAYOFFS 2013 NFC CHAMPIONSHIP

Originally posted by jrg:
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Originally posted by SFTifoso:
Revenge for 97. I hope someone on our team does the dirty bird dance.

Game is at 11 AM better start giving the guys wake up calls.

noon

i just got a notification saying its at 3 EST

thats noon pacific
f**k! I wanted SEA. Can't EVER underestimate home cooking and an extra day to prepare. Now, having to use up a day to travel, ATL has the same number of days to prepare was we do.
Originally posted by BayArea:
Seeing Pete Carroll crying like a f*g on the sidelines made my week complete. Excellent. Love to see them take a heartbreaking loss like that. Effing sweet.

When ATL missed that FG after the timeout, Carroll was acting like "WHo called timeout?" then FOX showed the video of Carroll calling the TO. What a frickin' baby. LOL
  • jrg
  • Veteran

noon

thats noon pacific

ya. weird start time
lol already talking about how falcons are going to be disrespected this week and not be favored

49ers werent favored at home this past weekend either

media reaching for stories lulz
we will not be denied
  • AmpLee
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Baldie:
Originally posted by AmpLee:
Originally posted by Baldie:
Do we match up against ATL?????

We are built to beat teams like Atlanta. See our wins over NE, NO, GBx2, etc. We have trouble with teams built like us. We are going to kill these fools.

The difference I see though ATL has the BIG WR's on the outside.

So? We've played against big recievers before. That doesn't change the way our defense is built. We don't have to scrap our defensive philosophy because their recievers are taller than most teams'. Again, did you see how terrible their defense is? Kaep is going to go nuts on them. Not too mention, winning on a FG after giving up a 20 point 4th quarter lead isn't going to instill a lot of confidence and swagger in that D.
I'm glad our game was in the bag early in the fourth last nite!!!

Seattle took it to the last play!!! No disrespect at all for them..
49ers game plan - changing it up vs next opponent:

1. They have to work some roll out play action off the Kap keep with the option. In other words, Kap needs to keep the ball, attack the line of scrimmage, and make throws over the linebackers and defenders reacting to his threat of the run.

2. The pistol option needs to get other backs as a run threat besides the RB - right now the pistol formation looks usually like a 2 fullback, 1 RB formation, so the defense really only has 2 keys - the RB and Kap. As difficult as that is, getting the FB or a 2nd RB involved as well will really freeze the defense.

3. A true second WR has to show to be a consistent threat. It should be VD, but if not, they need to work someone consistently into the game to loosen up the defense.

4. On DEFENSE, the need to generate some pressure and get the safeties to generate some pass defense (or INTs opportunities).

If they can do the above, they will be absolutely dominant, multi-dimensional, and unstoppable.
  • Buchy
  • Veteran
Before the game I would have taken either, but after watching it I think Seahawks would of been a much harder game for us just coming off an emotional win, playing against a divisional rival in a big game and knowing us so well - this is probably the better result for us.

I also don't think the Falcons defense has anything special to worry about, and their offense is containable and Ryan looks prone to error/pressure.

noon

noon

They were saying on fox it was at 2 PM EST. 3PM EST is a little better.
  • AmpLee
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Joecool:
f**k! I wanted SEA. Can't EVER underestimate home cooking and an extra day to prepare. Now, having to use up a day to travel, ATL has the same number of days to prepare was we do.

Do you want to play a team with the swagger of coming back from a 20 point 4th quarter deficit? A team that gives us problems? Trust me, these guys have had a head start in prep. They just watched 3 hours of film on how to eat this D alive.
those BIG atl wr's were getting behind those BIG seattle CB's

noon

thats noon pacific

ya. weird start time

if the Niners can win in subzero temps on the road in Chicago in an NFCCG, they can beat a drained Falcons team in a lame, sanitary dome
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Ryan is soft, hit him a couple of times and he'll crumble like a little b***h.