There are 129 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

What's your gut feeling on the outcome of Saturday's game against the Pack?

What's your gut feeling on the outcome of Saturday's game against the Pack?

GB 31
SF 28

We miss 3 FGs

Thats my gut feeling.
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
Originally posted by PRIMETIME21:
i will say this, i was more worried about the saints last year at home than the pack this year at home

I'm the opposite. I really believed we were going to be the saints. This year we have way too many questions going into the playoffs so I'm feeling 50/50 right now.

Nah I was more worried about the Saints. They had a slightly better D than this year's Pack, more weapons on offense, better o-Line, and better running game.

Despite how we're playing as of late, I'm not quite as worried this time around. Plus we've been there before, which I think is important.
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
If we can apply pressure, not give up the big play, and make them one dimensional, niners win 28-21. That is doable as Justin Smith is back, which will help Aldon Smith, and the Packers run game is not good, despite what they believe.

This.

Considering the Pack aren't that great stopping the run, if we can get Gore and LMJ going also, that should open up the playaction and lead to some nice deep passes from Kap.

Love being the underdog. Let all the "experts" think the Pack will win. Will be hilarious seeing them try to backtrack after we win and say they aren't "surprised" by it...smh.
I can't call it. I thought we would beat the Rams, Miami, and Seahawks soundly but didn't. I also thought we would lose to the Pats, so it's a tough call. I would be more confident if we were ball'n going into this. So I'll go with 50/50.
i will say this, i was more worried about the saints last year at home than the pack this year at home

i like this, but to flip it. I'm more worried this year than the last. Last year, we knew exactly what we had, and beat it into the ground, we were not gonna stray from our path and what got us that far. I think that Mccarthy said it early last week. We have our identity, we arent gonna stray away from what we do with gimmicks, and other things that didnt help get us here. we know who we are"

This year, we started the same then from the middle to now, nowhere near the same team we were. And on offense we dont have our identity yet. Mid season we changed more from the pistol. So like it or not, it's not the same offense. If anything even steve young said, just like some earlier. we are gonna have to beat the pack the way that we won all season last year, and with smith in the beginning.

Run to set up the pass, and stop with all the trickery. We are the bad news niners (play us, you may leave confused, dazed, and carried off on a stretcher)supposedly, not the Little Giants. (Im picturing us as that part in the movie, where Ed O'neill is in the bushes with his buddy. And he said they are going to run the super secret play. And while looking through the binoculars, his partner is like wow look the lineman's over there, look the center is over there, look, the Qb's not even there. Then O'neill said, They're just standing around butts.) lol

Go Niners

had to find the video. This is how i feel about our offense sometimes. lol
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tE3SPmbCYtk
[ Edited by Jersey9er on Jan 9, 2013 at 1:05 PM ]
Im confident in this game. We match up well with the Packers and are clearly better in the trenches on both sides of the ball even with a less than 100% Justin Smith. As long as Roman doesnt get too cute and we give Gore and LMJ their fair share of carries I think we control and win this game.
Originally posted by TX9R:
I've had my heart broken to many times by GB to have any real confidence. Remember our 1 win took a last second hail mary between to HOFers.

I don't think we can keep going back to that. Those were two totally different teams. Remember that when we went to Lambaugh Week 1 we hadn't beaten Green Bay in Green Bay since 1991 or something like that. The fact is that all that doesn't matter in the least bit. This 49ers team is better than this Packers team and SHOULD win the game. Of course that doesn't mean they WILL win but I think if they play like they are capable of, we should be heading to the NFCCG.
One game Season two weeks to prep I pick us EVERYTIME!
  • VDSF
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
Originally posted by blunt_probe:

I'm the opposite. I really believed we were going to be the saints. This year we have way too many questions going into the playoffs so I'm feeling 50/50 right now.

Nah I was more worried about the Saints. They had a slightly better D than this year's Pack, more weapons on offense, better o-Line, and better running game.

Despite how we're playing as of late, I'm not quite as worried this time around. Plus we've been there before, which I think is important.
I'm worried only because idk what 49ers team we will see this game, is it the team that played them in week 1? the team that played the Saints? the Pats? or is it the team that we saw against Seattle? or the Giants? Or Rams?
[ Edited by Jesu80ncleats on Jan 9, 2013 at 1:15 PM ]
I feel that the best case scenario for this season is a Superbowl Loss. I dont know why, but I dont know if this team can actually win the superbowl. They just dont feel right to me...
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
GB 31
SF 28

We miss 3 FGs

Thats my gut feeling.

Even with Cundiff kicking which I think he will?
Originally posted by pete98146:
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
GB 31
SF 28

We miss 3 FGs

Thats my gut feeling.

Even with Cundiff kicking which I think he will?

I think we carry two kickers. If Akers misses the first one, it's Cundiff time.
  • BobS
  • Veteran
SF 28
GB 24

I used to get a sick feeling whenever we played the Packers, that left when Favre was no longer part of the team. Rodgers is a great quarterback but doesn't have the blind luck against us that Favre had.
close game.. but a WIN