There are 283 users in the forums

switch to a 4-3

Shop Find 49ers gear online
What a job by Kap, boooooooooom.
---
[ Edited by communist on Dec 8, 2013 at 2:53 PM ]
no end thread
the ass hole kj wright had a ped attack . but one thing to counter a physical team is speed
Originally posted by 24plus25er:
You might be on to something. But I'm not sure how easy it is to switch from a 3/4 to 4/3 for one game of the season.

Lol
lol
We basically run one the majority of the time..
the 3-4 allows us to run the 4-3 whenever we want
Let's bring it back!

Not likely BUT with the injury to Bowman and the strengths/experience of Brooks, Condor, Carradine, Lemonier & Skuta as pass rushers on the edges and inside help with Ian, Dorsey, Dial, Justin and RayMac and seeing how much pressure Seattle got with constant rotation at the end spots with older veterans, is there a chance we go this route AND play more press as well with (hopefully) Culliver and Brock on the edges, Morris inside and Reid, rookie @ the S spots?
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
Originally posted by goodthings19:
No

Originally posted by cciowa:
no.

Originally posted by boast:
no

Originally posted by MannySoopa49ersnMD:
starting to wonder if people ever actually played football in their lives or just play too much madden LOL

Originally posted by verb1der:
I'm a retired backyard tackle football player, and an All-Madden level gamer. whuuut!

Originally posted by verb1der:
How bout let's try the "Wide 9" thing!

Originally posted by darkknight49:
Every year someone thinks it's a valid argument.

No. This thread went well. Lol. Up next on the zone...is gire too old?!?!

No. The defense is fine.

Who wants to start this year's thread on Gore being too old?

I believe the future of defensive lines will be players who can play up or down, are versatile. Some players will still be the huge pluggers but they will move around and be less predictable. The niners have moved toward this direction by using a 3/4 without a true NT. They rely on the MLBs being able to fill when necessary and because they have the best tandem in the business, it's a successful strategy.

Taking a linebacker out of this defense means putting an All-Pro on the bench. On the other hand, only Justin Smith rises to this level among the DL.

So I'm for a confusing amalgam of defensive fronts that will totally baffle the offenses they play...just as Baltimore tends to baffle SF every time we play them. Let the All-Pro LBs run wild! If we lose some LBs and our DL become All-Pros, then reconsider! I realize that one reason the LBs are so good is the DL protecting them, but it's still the strength of the team.
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
I believe the future of defensive lines will be players who can play up or down, are versatile. Some players will still be the huge pluggers but they will move around and be less predictable. The niners have moved toward this direction by using a 3/4 without a true NT. They rely on the MLBs being able to fill when necessary and because they have the best tandem in the business, it's a successful strategy.

Taking a linebacker out of this defense means putting an All-Pro on the bench. On the other hand, only Justin Smith rises to this level among the DL.

So I'm for a confusing amalgam of defensive fronts that will totally baffle the offenses they play...just as Baltimore tends to baffle SF every time we play them. Let the All-Pro LBs run wild! If we lose some LBs and our DL become All-Pros, then reconsider! I realize that one reason the LBs are so good is the DL protecting them, but it's still the strength of the team.

Exactly...that was my point...taking an All-Pro off the field (Bowman) where we have so much strength and rotation at the DL spot may not only help stuff the run and bring the pass rush but free up Willis (only MLB now) and allow the CB's to play more press.

BTW: I'm a huge 3-4 guy but agree, may need to play to our strengths and depth and mix up the schemes more now. Bowman is a HUGE loss.
ya... Let's just go to a split 4-4 too... NOOO!!
IF IT AINT BROKE

DON'T ''FIX'' IT!!!
What the hell is the point of this question? Our defense is what is run by Fangio. It's a base 3–4 but at the same time quite versatile and flexible. This is not that hard to understand.
Share 49ersWebzone