There are 75 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Would you rather play falcons in their Dome or seahawks at the stick???

Would you rather play falcons in their Dome or seahawks at the stick???

Hawks at home by far and away. Home is better. Period. Also, I'd love nothing better than a third game between us to settle the year's series. It feels incomplete right now. We should do them the courtesy of letting them feel our full strength one time.
The Falcons, they haven't played that well at home this year. The Falcons might have a good Home record but they've barely won some of those games and against some pretty average teams minus the Broncos of course however that was when the Broncos were still figuring themselves out.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Originally posted by dj43:
Originally posted by GNielsen:
Originally posted by 5timechamps:
i would prefer Atlanta,if we play Seattle again we are in trouble.

Nate Silver has predicted a Seahawks-Patriots Superbowl. Now, Silver is a statistician, so he's looking at the numbers from recent games. The one thing he never takes into account are "wild cards," things that previous statistics cannot account for. That's why I think the key to the Niners going all the way could be if Kaepernick catches fire and gets real hot. But, the bottom line is that I hope the Falcons knock them off this week and eliminate them from the equation.

I will take some heat for this but I believe Seattle is the most complete HEALTHY team in the NFC right now. Their game, both offensively and defensively "travels" better than anyone else. Will home field advantage overcome that edge? We will find out but right now, I agree with Silver.

Dunno, they just lost their best pass rusher and kicker.

That's true but Clemens does not have the same impact on their defense that Justin does on the 49ers.
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TinyHandsBigHeart:
Originally posted by Joecool:
Correction, you don't think our defense can shut down Wilson. At home, Kaep can complete balls vs any defense.

He was helpless against them on the road, why would he suddenly be able to beat them just because we're at home? But you're right, I don't think our defense matches up well against the Seahawks offense.

Also, let's not forget that Ryan hasn't exactly been stellar at home during the playoffs.
Something called crowd noise, it was impossible to audible and communicate at the line of scrimmage in Seattle, that won't be the case at home. Big difference even for the lineman communicating with each other.

Nate Silver has predicted a Seahawks-Patriots Superbowl. Now, Silver is a statistician, so he's looking at the numbers from recent games. The one thing he never takes into account are "wild cards," things that previous statistics cannot account for. That's why I think the key to the Niners going all the way could be if Kaepernick catches fire and gets real hot. But, the bottom line is that I hope the Falcons knock them off this week and eliminate them from the equation.

I will take some heat for this but I believe Seattle is the most complete HEALTHY team in the NFC right now. Their game, both offensively and defensively "travels" better than anyone else. Will home field advantage overcome that edge? We will find out but right now, I agree with Silver.

That's true but Clemens does not have the same impact on their defense that Justin does on the 49ers.

Of course not. But he's still their best pass rusher, which means Bruce Irvin has to step up and he's as dumbass when it comes to anything besides rushing the passer.
I like our chances against anyone. It is amazing how much respect Cowboy gets. Most persons NOT picking the Niners are doing so based on the fact the Cowboy may not be healthy. I would flat out have the Niners favored to win it all hands down with a healthy Niners squad. Most people are forgetting that we are missing a few very key players in Kendal Hunter, Kyle Williams and Mario Manningham. Imagine if this team was fully loaded and healthy going in. Even not having these guys, I like our chances but we have to get back to NINER FOOTBALL (RUN the rock, play lights out defense especially stuffing the run and pressuring the QB and solid special teams.) Like it or not we need Lamichael and Ted Ginn to show up big time in the return games I believe this will be the icing on the cake. Great field position will be a premium for us. If the Niners play their game we are pretty much unbeatable it's that simple.
Originally posted by Hopper:
Atlanta. Like it or not, Seattle matches up well with us in every facet.

We match up well with Seattle in every facet too. And this time we won't be playing our 4th road game in 5 weeks and having played 92 snaps of defense on the other side of the country the week before. Here we would be at home, not having been on an airplane for 20 days, and having played 0 snaps of defense the previous week.

And oh yeah, we should have Justin Smith and Vernon Davis too, unlike last time.

And oh yeah, they're unlikely to get that 10 point swing of the Sherman scoop and score, and, away from home, unlikely to get away with throwing touchdown passes with no time on play clock, turn a punt into a 15 yard 1st down and eventual TD on that ATROCIOUS call on Culliver when Goldson was flipped on Baldwin's shoulder, and have Marshawn Lynch score touchdowns with 15 guys holding/blocking in back.

Of course not. But he's still their best pass rusher, which means Bruce Irvin has to step up and he's as dumbass when it comes to anything besides rushing the passer.

Clemons set the edge well in the run for them too. Irvin is not nearly as stout and gets washed out with regularity, pretty much a 1-trick pony pass rusher.
seahawks at the stick...although i think sometimes we are motivated and play better on the road against pass first teams
lets goto Atanta!

theres no hotter team than the Hawks right now.

dont let your hate cloud your vision.
Originally posted by kap2crab:
Originally posted by Hopper:
Atlanta. Like it or not, Seattle matches up well with us in every facet.

We match up well with Seattle in every facet too. And this time we won't be playing our 4th road game in 5 weeks and having played 92 snaps of defense on the other side of the country the week before. Here we would be at home, not having been on an airplane for 20 days, and having played 0 snaps of defense the previous week.

And oh yeah, we should have Justin Smith and Vernon Davis too, unlike last time.

And oh yeah, they're unlikely to get that 10 point swing of the Sherman scoop and score, and, away from home, unlikely to get away with throwing touchdown passes with no time on play clock, turn a punt into a 15 yard 1st down and eventual TD on that ATROCIOUS call on Culliver when Goldson was flipped on Baldwin's shoulder, and have Marshawn Lynch score touchdowns with 15 guys holding/blocking in back.

first off, lets hope that justin smith isnt a liability. he may be on the field, but that injury is gonna linger.

second, Kap doesnt love VD the way the zone does, so dont expect that to change now.

third, your discounting 1 TD from a team that has scored 80+ points in its last 3 games, & 200 in its last 6.
Originally posted by 4t9ers:
lets goto Atanta!

Denver...

Dont buy into the hype, Atlanta will expose a bad road team.
I want the Hawks...I know the niners can beat them without a doubt..not that it wouldn't be a tough game but the niners can beat any team out there!!
Originally posted by 5280High:
Originally posted by 4t9ers:
lets goto Atanta!

Denver...

Dont buy into the hype, Atlanta will expose a bad road team.

lol hype
bring on the hawks....dismantle and demoralize them for years to come like we did the rams in 1990