LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 283 users in the forums

Would you rather play falcons in their Dome or seahawks at the stick???

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Would you rather play falcons in their Dome or seahawks at the stick???

Hate to think ahead cause obviously we have to take care of business tomorrow night against GB, but if we do win, I would much rather play the Seahags at home than play at Falcons. Not only would it be sweet revenge beating the Seahags in the Championship game, but we would have a much better chance advancing to the SB at home rather than away. Not to mention imo the Falcons are overall a better team than the Seahags.
i would prefer Atlanta,if we play Seattle again we are in trouble.
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by GNielsen:
Originally posted by cciowa:
alot of people are going to feel very foolish if the niners lose saturday. looking ahead gets you beat every time

The '87 playoff game I mentioned above was a perfect example of that. With the #1 O and the #1 D, everyone in town was talking about who the NIners would face in the Superbowl before they played their first playoff game. That was the day Eddie D. when ballistic after the game and knocked over the Coke machine.
was that the year the refs robbed us on bogus calls on lott vs the redskins?

I think someone already answered this, but that was back in DC after the '83 season. One of the calls on Lott was faceguarding, and replays showed Lott with his hands at his sides. That Superbowl should have been Niners vs. Raiders.
Originally posted by 5timechamps:

Beating ATL on the road would be more impressive but i think SEA at home would be easier.

Nate Silver has predicted a Seahawks-Patriots Superbowl. Now, Silver is a statistician, so he's looking at the numbers from recent games. The one thing he never takes into account are "wild cards," things that previous statistics cannot account for. That's why I think the key to the Niners going all the way could be if Kaepernick catches fire and gets real hot. But, the bottom line is that I hope the Falcons knock them off this week and eliminate them from the equation.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:

Beating ATL on the road would be more impressive but i think SEA at home would be easier.
I think the Seahawks are the toughest challenge left in the playoffs and that includes anyone that might come out of the AFC.
  • dj43
The Seahawks are a much more complete team than Atlanta. They would be a tougher challenge at the 'stick than Atlanta even though it would be in their place.
I think teams under estimate the Falcons. I'd much rather play Seatle at home.
Between our WWL pattern, no rookie QB (Wilson) ever leading a team to a Super Bowl, Tony Gonzalez never winning a playoff game, the improbabilities dying to happen
beat the pack first dude

• dj43

Nate Silver has predicted a Seahawks-Patriots Superbowl. Now, Silver is a statistician, so he's looking at the numbers from recent games. The one thing he never takes into account are "wild cards," things that previous statistics cannot account for. That's why I think the key to the Niners going all the way could be if Kaepernick catches fire and gets real hot. But, the bottom line is that I hope the Falcons knock them off this week and eliminate them from the equation.

I will take some heat for this but I believe Seattle is the most complete HEALTHY team in the NFC right now. Their game, both offensively and defensively "travels" better than anyone else. Will home field advantage overcome that edge? We will find out but right now, I agree with Silver.
Originally posted by dj43:

I will take some heat for this but I believe Seattle is the most complete HEALTHY team in the NFC right now. Their game, both offensively and defensively "travels" better than anyone else. Will home field advantage overcome that edge? We will find out but right now, I agree with Silver.

Dunno, they just lost their best pass rusher and kicker.
Originally posted by Bali-Niner:
Originally posted by 49rz4Life:
Is it me or does it seem like Seattle has their own bounty program going on. Somebody important is always crippled facing them.

You may have something there. It's looking like someone is seriously injured lately after a game with them.. Did you see the cutaway shots of what was going on with sherman and browner and Moss and the other Skins WR? Lots of crazy hitting that didn't seem to end when the play had ended. Some team really needs to hammer those ahos, and I mean really. Tho RG3 injury was not a hit, his knee just went away when he tried to recover a bad snap..

Funny you mention this, during the skins game my buddies and I were saying the same thing. The Seacocks just have a dirty style of play and they are out to injure people. All the more reason I hope for a chance to give them a serious beat down at the Stick if they slip past Atlanta...
Hawks at home by far and away. Home is better. Period. Also, I'd love nothing better than a third game between us to settle the year's series. It feels incomplete right now. We should do them the courtesy of letting them feel our full strength one time.
The Falcons, they haven't played that well at home this year. The Falcons might have a good Home record but they've barely won some of those games and against some pretty average teams minus the Broncos of course however that was when the Broncos were still figuring themselves out.
Share 49ersWebzone