LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 253 users in the forums

Would you rather play falcons in their Dome or seahawks at the stick???

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Would you rather play falcons in their Dome or seahawks at the stick???

I think Falcons win, although I want to face Seattle. Last week vs the Skins, had it not been for RGIII tweaking his knee in that second scoring drive, the Skins would've won. Also, Lynch is hobbled with an ankle injury, for someone that runs as hard as he does, that's gotta limit him.
I would rather have the Seahawks plane go down mid flight. Other than that I would like to get the Falcons in their place because I hate to be cocky but that is pretty much a gimme win. The Seahawks we would probably beat but still would rather avoid that one.
[ Edited by BayArea on Jan 11, 2013 at 2:07 AM ]
I would take either one, I think the Niners can beat both of them. I would prefer the Seachickens at the Stick. I think the players want a chance to stick it to them for trip to the Super Bowl!
The Niners lost three NFC Championships after they took it in 89' and before they took it in again in 94'. The old school Niner fans are truly jaded. This drama the new aged fans are going throught must be nothing compared to the earlier years. I wouldn't say nothing.
Originally posted by TinyHandsBigHeart:
Atlanta. I think our defense matches up well against their offense. And I just don't think Kap can beat the Seahawks defense.

I agree Kap was so lost in that game.
Atlanta. We beat them up.
Originally posted by 49rz4Life:
The Niners lost three NFC Championships after they took it in 89' and before they took it in again in 94'. The old school Niner fans are truly jaded. This drama the new aged fans are going throught must be nothing compared to the earlier years. I wouldn't say nothing.

The Niners have lost conference championships 7 times in the modern era. They lost two with Brodie as QB in '70 and '71. They lost two with Montana as QB. And, they lost three with Young as QB. They've lost a total of 18 playoff games. Going into the '87 playoffs, the team had the #1 offense and the #1 defense in the league with Montana at QB, Rice and Taylor at receivers and Rathman and Craig as running backs. The defense was filled with pro bowl players. They got knocked out at the Stick in the first round by the Vikings, who were a wild card team. In '86, they won the division and then in their first playoff game, they went to play the Giants and got wiped out 49-3 (remember, this is the team that came back the next year with the #1 O and #1 D).

So, I wouldn't call old school Niner fans "jaded." If anything an old school Niner fan should have a realistic view of what can happen in the playoffs and what it means to a team for the short and long term.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
alot of people are going to feel very foolish if the niners lose saturday. looking ahead gets you beat every time
Originally posted by cciowa:
alot of people are going to feel very foolish if the niners lose saturday. looking ahead gets you beat every time

This. I would rather make sure we even have a game next week and after that, find out who we play next.

The '87 playoff game I mentioned above was a perfect example of that. With the #1 O and the #1 D, everyone in town was talking about who the NIners would face in the Superbowl before they played their first playoff game. That was the day Eddie D. when ballistic after the game and knocked over the Coke machine.

You should really try enjoying football rather than worrying yourself to death. The fans can do what they want, the niners are not looking forward.
Originally posted by JoseCortez:
You should really try enjoying football rather than worrying yourself to death. The fans can do what they want, the niners are not looking forward.

So true. I guarantee you that every one of them is focused on the Packers and nothing elese.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by JoseCortez:

i know that i just feel bad for the people who are thinking we will play next week, if we lose they will be really mad and they will only have themselves to blame. i look out for my fellow man
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GNielsen:

The '87 playoff game I mentioned above was a perfect example of that. With the #1 O and the #1 D, everyone in town was talking about who the NIners would face in the Superbowl before they played their first playoff game. That was the day Eddie D. when ballistic after the game and knocked over the Coke machine.
was that the year the refs robbed us on bogus calls on lott vs the redskins?
Originally posted by GNielsen:

was that the year the refs robbed us on bogus calls on lott vs the redskins?

That was 83.
Share 49ersWebzone