LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 335 users in the forums

Would you rather play falcons in their Dome or seahawks at the stick???

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Would you rather play falcons in their Dome or seahawks at the stick???

Seattle matches up against our run defense better than anyone in the league, and without Justin Smith we saw what they can do. I think we could take Atlanta in their dome.
Originally posted by GNielsen:
Thanks and no kidding. Some Niner fans are just out there. Especially compared to Hawks fans who seem to be always absolutely sure the Seahawks are going to win. As far as the hatefest between Carroll and Harbaugh is concerned, your defense has actually taken over that one for me. Your defense is so disgusting that I've forgotten about Pete Carroll. I think Sherman is the most annoying loudmouth in the league and I've never seen a bigger collection of dirty players in my life.

But, thanks for the perspective on this game. I appreciate it and I mean what I posted above. I would much rather the Niners not have to see your Seahawks again this year so I'm hoping the Hawks lose in Atlanta. The Seahawks are a very good team. I think they're the toughest team left in the playoffs that the Niners might have to face and that includes anyone they could possibly see in the Superbowl.

We will see this weekend; Browner and Sherman will be tested against White and Jones. As a Seahawk fan, I wish he would leave his talking on the field. He is setting himself up for failure because of the enormous pressure he puts on himself every week being a target. Every team needs enforcers but after the game is over and you win there is no need to say anything. As a niner fan, I think you are looking at it all wrong, I would want him to keep up his talking. I do agree that Karma is going to roll him at some point. He obviously has a chip on his shoulder but just leave it on the field (That's my take anyway). If the Seahawk's do beat the Falcons, I believe that they are destined to go all the way simply because this game is so psychological and the confidence they would have rolling into the NFCCG would he sky high regardless of who they play but they are going into a hornets nest. The Falcons have tremendous pressure to win this game and even though their defense is a little porous, they are excellent at taking the ball away (I think they are sixth in total points allowed). Atlanta is ready for this game so if Sherman and Browner can punk White and Jones then I don't see anybody stopping the Hawks from here on out, unfortunately I do not see that happening. If Atlanta does win, all the pressure is taken off and who ever arrives there next week isn't going to have to deal with that edge. I know all this because I have been reading the Atlanta Journal Constitution all week. Atlanta will lose to SF or GB imho. If the Hawks do win, you won't see me next week because I am not a troll and that game would emotionally charge me up like no other . That being said, Go Niners, Go Hawks (Only time I will ever root for sf), besides Sf is a much closer trip LOL.
I think I would rather see us beat GB Sat nite, and then let the chips fall where they may. As for ATL, their trend is playing poorly at end of season, for 3 of 4 games, and SEA has just looked deadly since...well, a long while ago. I think SEA beats ATl with ease. Could be wrong, but they look awful tough to beat at present.
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
I think I would rather see us beat GB Sat nite, and then let the chips fall where they may. As for ATL, their trend is playing poorly at end of season, for 3 of 4 games, and SEA has just looked deadly since...well, a long while ago. I think SEA beats ATl with ease. Could be wrong, but they look awful tough to beat at present.

Barely beating the Rams, and coming back against a one legged QB... deadly must have changed definitions. Ill be surprised if they keep up with Atlanta, Wilson isnt nearly as dangerous on the road and Ryan has the potential to score fast and take the running game away from Seattle. They were lucky to escape Washington with a win, if Shanahan switches to Cousins after they go up 14-0 (the drive after RG agravates his knee again) the seahawks wouldnt of had 3 quarters to mount a comeback against a nonexistent offense.
the real question might be...can the seahawks beat ATL?
Originally posted by ninerfreak:
the real question might be...can the seahawks beat ATL?

That game might be better than the niners / packers.

Atlanta at home with matt ryan is very deadly...

And for those nay sayers who says that ryan hasn't won a playoff game-well the three teams that he lost to: two of them were on the road, all three of the teams went to the superbowl; two of which were superbowl champions.
Originally posted by ElliottBay:
Originally posted by richierichard:
The logical pick would be the falcons whos matchup favor the Niners but the most exciting pick would be the Seachicks at HOME! I can already feel the crowd energy blowing out of the stadium by fans who are sick and tired of the so-called "hot team". Imagine a repeat of the Saint's game last year. They are still the same damn team we beat earlier in the season and mostly the same from last year!

Not really the same team earlier this year or last year. The offense was total vanilla earlier this year and is wide open now. Last year's team didn't have Wagner, Wilson, Irvin...lastly, Cable has had another year to coach the young, developing line ith 2 Pro-bowlers this year. It's not the same team.

Offense is so wide open, it took them til the 4th QTR to get their 2nd TD vs the Redskins Everybody is getting caught up in their 3 game hot streak. They followed that up with 20 vs the Rams (AT HOME) and 24 vs the Redskins whose offense couldn't do anything once RG III got hurt. All of those 3 and outs forced by the defense and Seattle's offense STILL couldn't take advantage. If that game was in Seattle, the Redskins would of been blown out. But on the road, any team in the league has a shot to beat them.

I'll take the 49ers defense vs that offense any day and twice on Sunday in any location other than Seattle. They are just not as explosive on the road....
5280, man do I ever hope you are right, because I would like to never see SEA again. I didn't see it that way, and SEA just looked too tough, esp on D. But the fiasco of RG3 playing, was criminal...okay, not criminal, but the kid shouldn't have played. It woulda been interesting seeing cousins. But I still think SEA is way too tough for ATL.

One other thing: our gameplan against SEA was horrocious, truly a matter of not having any idea what to do with Lynch or wilson. Shanahan had that figured. Our DC and OC...they didn't. F grade on both their accounts. In other words, our bad coaching made SEA look invincible. I just don't think ATL is that good...even when they win...which they didn't 3 of last 4 games of season.
The majority of people in this thread are picking the Seahawks to beat the Falcons but in the NFL pick em' the Falcons are leading
Falcons on the road, because after getting their first playoff win with Ryan/Smith, they'll be exhausted and won't be able to handle the NFL's most physical teams 2 weeks in a row, and their running game and defense are not good at all. That said, I don't think they can handle the Seahawks right now to be honest. It'd be pretty cool to get revenge for '98 though, then go on to beat the Broncos like they should've that year.
[ Edited by KowboyKiller on Jan 10, 2013 at 1:44 PM ]

doesn't matter
Originally posted by Sims84:
Russell Wilson was helpless against us on the road and suddenly beat (destroyed) us at home....

That's what happens when he has 8 drops on the night. Not to mention it was a Thursday game after an exhausting comeback against NE the week before.
Originally posted by RussellWilson:
Originally posted by Sims84:
Russell Wilson was helpless against us on the road and suddenly beat (destroyed) us at home....

That's what happens when he has 8 drops on the night. Not to mention it was a Thursday game after an exhausting comeback against NE the week before.

Russexcuses
In the last 8 years, every team that has defeated the Falcons in the playoffs have went on to the Super Bowl. Just a weird fact to throw out there.
I'm picking Seahawks to win this one folks.

I had Minnesota in Week 17. I was 4-0 last week.
Share 49ersWebzone