LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 208 users in the forums

Crab and Gore fined

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I watched John David Crow throw footballs into the stands in Kezar Stadium in the 60s. I thought it was so cool. Back in those days fans were allowed to bring in their own coolers with the beverage of their choice.
10grand is alot for me but chump change for Gore and Crabtree
You're looking at the equivalent of an average income person paying a $10 fine

The CFL only charges like a $100 for a player giving away a football

Not only that...but we do it WAAAAAY more creatively

Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Originally posted by rondoman:
The NFL is such a joke at times, and the whole having a net behind the FG posts shows how stingy they can be. There's no reason why the NFL cant remove those stupid nets and let the fans have the balls kicked into the stands. For being a multi billion dollar industry they sure love to pinch pennies at the fans expense.

It's safety and teams wanting their balls back

Most of those ball have been broken in for QBs and kickers

It's not teams wanting their balls back or else they wouldn't have launched them at 4603987987634098674309847 MPH into the stands

Last home game of the season...they did it last year
So Gore tossed the franchise TD record ball into the stands? Man I would love to have that f**king ball.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
It's safety and teams wanting their balls back

Most of those ball have been broken in for QBs and kickers

I believe all kicking balls are fresh, new balls so that isn't the issue.
The NFL is turning into the

N - ever ending
F - ine
League
Originally posted by 80sbaby24:
Originally posted by SealTeam6:
Maybe the NFL should take a lesson from MLB.

I agree with the sentiments of your original point, but there is a HUGE difference between throwing a $100 NFL football into the stands than a $15 MLB baseball that teams have hundreds of on site at all times.

That really has nothing to do with it. They don't want people fighting over the ball. The players can hand the ball to any specific fan without consequence, but they can't throw it because people can potentially fight for it since it isn't going to anyone in particular.
Originally posted by rondoman:
The NFL is such a joke at times, and the whole having a net behind the FG posts shows how stingy they can be. There's no reason why the NFL cant remove those stupid nets and let the fans have the balls kicked into the stands. For being a multi billion dollar industry they sure love to pinch pennies at the fans expense.

Again, view my last post. They aren't being cheap, they're preventing fights.
that's like a $20.00 fine for us regular people

This is one time I have to agree with the NFL. If a ball goes into a crowd it's every man for himself. There's too much chance for serious injury.
Originally posted by 49erRider:
That really has nothing to do with it. They don't want people fighting over the ball. The players can hand the ball to any specific fan without consequence, but they can't throw it because people can potentially fight for it since it isn't going to anyone in particular.

Oh ya. I always forget about the countless number of fights at baseball games
Gore and Crabs fined? Don't you mean found?

Oh wait...
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Originally posted by SportsFan:
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Funny thing is that one of the balls Crab threw, my sisters friend caught it lol.

Your sisters friend caught Crabtree's balls?

She prob wish she did

eww she caught crabs...next she needs VD
Originally posted by MrRedDogSF:
Originally posted by 49erRider:

Oh ya. I always forget about the countless number of fights at baseball games

Which has what to do with FOOTBALL GAMES?

You don't have to like what I posted, but if you use Google and do a little reading, you'll realize that what I posted is the actual reason the NFL has banned players from throwing the ball into the stands. Comparing it to baseball has nothing to do with anything, really.

The players know the rule, so if they break it, they know they will be fined. They do it anyway, so what are people whining about? Don't fool yourselves by thinking Crabtree and Gore didn't see the fines coming. They knew.
[ Edited by 49erRider on Jan 5, 2013 at 12:29 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone