There are 54 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Crab and Gore fined

Originally posted by SealTeam6:
When I watched Crab throw the first one into the stands I was thinking he would hear from the Not Fun League.

10 friggen grand for making a fan's life. Forget catching a foul ball, a football from touch down is a win of all wins.

Really says a ton about the NFL and their priorities.

Maybe the NFL should take a lesson from MLB.

Players can give footballs to fans in the front row. They dont allow throwing because it causes a riot and possible injuries. They arent trying to prevent any fun, its preventing lawsuits.
they should donate the money
Originally posted by HoneyBadger49er:
What's funny is Gore threw his record breaking TD ball into the stands. These guys don't give a s**t about 5-10 grand, Jed probably covers it for them anyways.

This. The guy thew his record ball to some fan. WTF is the league coming to when they fine someone that is so unselfish that they give their record ball away?
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SportsFan:
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Funny thing is that one of the balls Crab threw, my sisters friend caught it lol.

Your sisters friend caught Crabtree's balls?

You did it wrong. Should be:

Your sister's friend caught Crabs?
ok
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by pdizo916:

They do....or is this sarcasm?

Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
What's funny is Gore threw his record breaking TD ball into the stands. These guys don't give a s**t about 5-10 grand, Jed probably covers it for them anyways.

This. The guy thew his record ball to some fan. WTF is the league coming to when they fine someone that is so unselfish that they give their record ball away?

I'm sure security swarmed that section and will give that fan free playoff tickets and another ball with Gore's autograph lol.
Originally posted by sfout:
Originally posted by pdizo916:

They do....or is this sarcasm?

Originally posted by IdahoNiner:

I'm sure security swarmed that section and will give that fan free playoff tickets and another ball with Gore's autograph lol.

Me and my brother ere watching the game together. we were reminded of that every body loves raymond episode where the dad catches the record ball lol.
we'll to counter your argument

MLB players typically underhand toss a ball into the stands from 5 - 20 feet away. They dont haul off and throw the ball even 50% power into the stands. Not to mention most die hard MLB fans have their glove with them in the stands making it easier to catch.

Crabs and Gore threw the ball at fairly excessive power, last thing the NFL/9ers need a fan suing for damages from a football to the eye or having beer or hot food spilled on them from the ball or injuries sustained in a tussle amongst fans for the ball.

The NFL shouldn't fine players for handing the ball to fan at the end zone but it is understandable why they would fine someone for throwing it full tilt like Crabs and Gore did.

they didn't throw a line drive at somebody, they lobbed it high at least 20 rows deep. It's not that big of a deal. A football is the last thing that they should worry about hurting somebody especially at the Stick
The NFL is such a joke at times, and the whole having a net behind the FG posts shows how stingy they can be. There's no reason why the NFL cant remove those stupid nets and let the fans have the balls kicked into the stands. For being a multi billion dollar industry they sure love to pinch pennies at the fans expense.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
we'll to counter your argument

MLB players typically underhand toss a ball into the stands from 5 - 20 feet away. They dont haul off and throw the ball even 50% power into the stands. Not to mention most die hard MLB fans have their glove with them in the stands making it easier to catch.

Crabs and Gore threw the ball at fairly excessive power, last thing the NFL/9ers need a fan suing for damages from a football to the eye or having beer or hot food spilled on them from the ball or injuries sustained in a tussle amongst fans for the ball.

The NFL shouldn't fine players for handing the ball to fan at the end zone but it is understandable why they would fine someone for throwing it full tilt like Crabs and Gore did.

they didn't throw a line drive at somebody, they lobbed it high at least 20 rows deep. It's not that big of a deal. A football is the last thing that they should worry about hurting somebody especially at the Stick

dude go watch it in real time they threw it on a rope, even if it went straight in the air it still falls down on top of people. Remember a football thrown at full speed by a QB travels at 45-50 MPH, even if any other player on the field only puts 25% effort into it will still travel at a 10-20MPH speed.

Its not like they were aiming at anyone which only increases the risk of injury because it could hit someone who is not expecting to have a ball thrown at them, have it bounce off a guard rail or pillar and hit someone who was nowhere near the original trajectory of the throw.

And you said it perfectly, a football is the LAST thing someone needs to worry about at the Stick......Which is why throwing it in the stands is a bad idea because no one is expecting to have a ball thrown at them. Fining a player for hucking a ball into the stands is perfectly acceptable, its not like they handed it to someone on the front row and this isn't baseball where for decades people go there EXPECTING or HOPING to catch a home run, foul ball, or have an outfielder toss them the ball at the end of the inning.

I dont agree with the fines but as I said I completely understand where the NFL is coming from in these two instances, I do not think the NFL should fine a player for handing ball to a fan after TD or "tossing" it a few rows up to fans who are basically in direct line of sight with the player. Not a fan who is 20 - 30 rows or farther up the stadium as you say earlier who is not looking at the field but probably looking at the jumboscreen or their friend next to them celebrating.
$10,500 chump change, somebody report on Crabtrees bonuses this year....
Originally posted by rondoman:
The NFL is such a joke at times, and the whole having a net behind the FG posts shows how stingy they can be. There's no reason why the NFL cant remove those stupid nets and let the fans have the balls kicked into the stands. For being a multi billion dollar industry they sure love to pinch pennies at the fans expense.

This x1000.

It wouldn't be a "surprise" then that the ball was coming. I can't believe the "safety" arguement either. Really? How stupid are we supposed to be? Just cuz a small percentage of people bring they're gloves, doesn't mean everyone sitting behind the dugout is expecting a 100 mph line drive. On the other hand, when Crabs and Gore threw the ball up, I think it's pretty safe to say all eyes were on them. So it wasn't unexpected.

Well at least after hearing some of your arguements, I now know who these are intended for

[ Edited by MrRedDogSF on Jan 4, 2013 at 6:14 PM ]
dude go watch it in real time they threw it on a rope, even if it went straight in the air it still falls down on top of people. Remember a football thrown at full speed by a QB travels at 45-50 MPH, even if any other player on the field only puts 25% effort into it will still travel at a 10-20MPH speed.

Its not like they were aiming at anyone which only increases the risk of injury because it could hit someone who is not expecting to have a ball thrown at them, have it bounce off a guard rail or pillar and hit someone who was nowhere near the original trajectory of the throw.

And you said it perfectly, a football is the LAST thing someone needs to worry about at the Stick......Which is why throwing it in the stands is a bad idea because no one is expecting to have a ball thrown at them. Fining a player for hucking a ball into the stands is perfectly acceptable, its not like they handed it to someone on the front row and this isn't baseball where for decades people go there EXPECTING or HOPING to catch a home run, foul ball, or have an outfielder toss them the ball at the end of the inning.

I dont agree with the fines but as I said I completely understand where the NFL is coming from in these two instances, I do not think the NFL should fine a player for handing ball to a fan after TD or "tossing" it a few rows up to fans who are basically in direct line of sight with the player. Not a fan who is 20 - 30 rows or farther up the stadium as you say earlier who is not looking at the field but probably looking at the jumboscreen or their friend next to them celebrating.

Nice contradict yourself in the first sentence They didn't thow the ball at somebody, it was in the air for a long time. It's nice to see you're the only one taking this way to seriously. Crabs and Gore should be suspended since they are a danger to the fans, maybe we can look into criminal charges too ...This is a joke and another example of how Gooddell is ruining football

It's safety and teams wanting their balls back

Most of those ball have been broken in for QBs and kickers
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

It's safety and teams wanting their balls back

Most of those ball have been broken in for QBs and kickers

It's not teams wanting their balls back or else they wouldn't have launched them at 4603987987634098674309847 MPH into the stands
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home