There are 204 users in the forums

For the last 10 years or so..

Shop Find 49ers gear online
at this time we would all be debating about our top 10 draft pick. Wow these last 2 years have been amazing! The 2002-2003 seasons were good after being so terrible in the post Steve Young years but these last 2 have been the best. I don't miss researching draft prospects at this time of year at all! GO NINERS
Very true.....great name by the way.
Originally posted by elguapo:
Very true.....great name by the way.

Thanks! I chipped a bone in my ankle and my middle name is douglas, my friends ran with it and the name stuck lol
FTW FWIW IMHO
We had a pretty good mobile QB in Garcia, but otherwise agree. After losing him and TO, Rattay was our starter, Erickson was HC, Donahue was GM...sad, depressing times. Nice to make playoffs and have a winning record plus win the division like the good old days.
Originally posted by mcbaes72:
We had a pretty good mobile QB in Garcia, but otherwise agree. After losing him and TO, Rattay was our starter, Erickson was HC, Donahue was GM...sad, depressing times. Nice to make playoffs and have a winning record plus win the division like the good old days.

I was rooting for Rattay and thought he might do well until he tore that groin muscle the first training camp or whatever.
03-04............ 2-14, with both wins over arizona in OT........
Originally posted by ChipDouglas510:

I was rooting for Rattay and thought he might do well until he tore that groin muscle the first training camp or whatever.

I figured Rattay would be a game-manager type and Barlow was paid big bucks but instead of power running, he was dancing-with-the-stars in the backfield. Thank goodness Gore showed promise his rookie year and took over the starting role eventually. If anyone deserves a SB title, it's Gore followed by Willis...they've been with us for the longest time.
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:

Both games had the exact same score!

Gotdamn that was pathetic

I figured Rattay would be a game-manager type and Barlow was paid big bucks but instead of power running, he was dancing-with-the-stars in the backfield. Thank goodness Gore showed promise his rookie year and took over the starting role eventually. If anyone deserves a SB title, it's Gore followed by Willis...they've been with us for the longest time.

I agree. I think the year Barlow played well was that year he trained with TO in the offseason. I read a report that he would sneak off to go get bacon and pancakes and TO, of all people, would have to go find him and tell him to get back to working out and his diet...should have been a tell tell sign.
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:

They were the same score!
Originally posted by NC49erfan82:
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:

They were the same score!
I blame the matrix
The dark ages are over! Praise Jesus or whoever
Originally posted by ChipDouglas510:

I agree. I think the year Barlow played well was that year he trained with TO in the offseason. I read a report that he would sneak off to go get bacon and pancakes and TO, of all people, would have to go find him and tell him to get back to working out and his diet...should have been a tell tell sign.

Dont get it twisted. TO had an incredible work ethic throughout his career. Its a shame that some of the silly stuff clouds people's memory of him. He was a great Niner and a much better leader than people remember him being.
Share 49ersWebzone