LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 272 users in the forums

Has the Defense become weaker than the Offense?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Has the Defense become weaker than the Offense?

Imo our defense was keeping us in the game. Kap was f**king terrible. Get rid of the read option and pistol b******t
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
easy to answer after this week. NO!

WHERE THE FK IS OUR RUNNING ATTACK!?
Originally posted by Method:
Imo our defense was keeping us in the game. Kap was f**king terrible. Get rid of the read option and pistol b******t

This. Defense showed up last night. It was the offense and their lack of running attack that killed them. Kap's performance was inexcusable. And frankly, I wouldn't mind if they never ran the RO again after last night. Better off without it.
Originally posted by NeonNiner:
Originally posted by Method:

This. Defense showed up last night. It was the offense and their lack of running attack that killed them. Kap's performance was inexcusable. And frankly, I wouldn't mind if they never ran the RO again after last night. Better off without it.

I agree. The drives they scored were either off short fields (Kaep pick) or from idiotic penalties (Smith). Interesting to note, however, how much of an impact the loss of Reid had on Seattle's ability to push the ball down field.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
our offense allowed them on the field to much and they wore down vs the run. they did what we are supposed to do. wear teams down and get ahead of a team by two scores in the fourth quarter. then milk the clock with a run game.
the 3-4 is not suited to defend the option...leaves too many holes in the middle of the D Line
After last night's game, you might want to reverse the question...offense was absolutely putrid, while our D played well, overall.
lol nope
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
the 3-4 is not suited to defend the option...leaves too many holes in the middle of the D Line

The Packers defended it pretty well last week, though it seems like that's ALL they wanted to defend.
I have to admit, I'm pretty proud of our defense, all of the guys, including the secondary. They (the secondary) may be the weakest link, but they didn't allow Wilson to carve them up or really get much of anything going. If we our offense at worse can just match where we were in 2011, we should be fine.

Also, I must add, Eric Reid is a GREAT pickup. If he continues playing at this rate, he's definitely DROY and can possibly be a Pro-Bowler.

Originally posted by NeonNiner:

its not the read option

its when you choose to run it.

we brag about not having to run it, and we don't but they did decide to run it to death and pass out of it with no running game established

inexcusable

we beat them by using their aggressiveness against them and use the man to man against them.. make them come out of man to man if kap kills them with his feet on scramble plays.

make them change the zone up if we beat them to the edge with hunter

make the jams impossible if you run bunch formations

for all of the so called possibilities

roman trotted out a vanilla preseason offense
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

The Packers defended it pretty well last week, though it seems like that's ALL they wanted to defend.

sorry. ,meant to say our 3-4..Bj Raji is a beast in the middle..we need someone like that
Share 49ersWebzone